Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

With this morning's maintenance, Antonia Bayle received some new hardware which should greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the lag you've been experiencing. We will be monitoring the new hardware and phasing out the old hardware over time.
    Please share your experiences with us.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I hope everything goes as flawless as it did on nagafen. Then maybe crushbone will get hit up next.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Im expecting them to save it for the merges if naggy and AB get finished without too much trouble
  4. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

It's working awesomely for all the casual playing, Clicking a druid portal maker in the guild hall and having them respond instantly instead of thirty seconds to a minute is amazing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Corydonn wrote:
    Now go and kill Klakktus unbound and Oxdaxius reforming tonight and tell us of the glory of finally playing without lag.
    It should be a funny race on AB to see who can get there first tonight. Kinda like old school contested with actual competition.
  6. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Gungo wrote:
    That's easier said than done when there are literally a dozen guilds competing for the easy mode I'm sure Bloodthorn will find it up at some weird hour, but still...heh.
    Anyway, those druid portals are pretty amazing now! Can't wait to see what it's like to raid tomorrow!
  7. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

No casting lag solo in Frontier and Stonebrunt, which is the first time I can say that since Beta. No misfires of my ranged auto-attack macros. No delay from the druid and wizard amenities. Good stuff!
    Looking forward to seeing how it is in a raid tomorrow.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Which brings us to the question. What ever happened to them splitting the easy and hardmode contested encounters? I thought the idea was for the hardmode to spawn after the easy mode was killed. When did that idea get nix'd?
  9. ARCHIVED-jazzy_ Guest

amazing what new hardware will do for gameplay.
  10. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

No lag on Klaaktuus Unbound with 70+ players in the zone, Amazing job Rothgar and the dev team.
  11. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

Spent some raid-oriented time in Sundered Frontier with absolutely no command raid. This is absolutely wonderful.
    Thank you guys so much for giving our server some love.
  12. ARCHIVED-Apos Guest

The least amount of lag we ever had pulling klaaktus before was about 3 seconds of command lag at around 2 am or so. The most was one time trying with 5 or 6 sundered instances up with about 80 in zone and I counted 14 seconds or so between me trying to cure something and the cure going off (most people were already dead by time it fired as I recall).
    There was no significant lag at all on Klaaktus today. I noticed a spell once took about a half second to gray or so, so I guess it might be -possible- to lag still, which I guess could be significant if like AB's load doubled or something.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

Yeah, there was very little to no lag at all on what was previously one of the laggiest encounters in the game. Since there was some barely perceptible lag (maybe something like a small fraction of a second delay on casts) I'd guess it could get bad again with greatly increased load, but it's pretty much perfect now.
    Thank you so much for doing this. It's like a different game.
  14. ARCHIVED-AzSkyDragon Guest

All hail Rothgar, King of the devs!
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Chath@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Lets hope they don't merge servers much beyond AB's population then. If all servers were merged to be aproximately the same active population as AB then it seems populations would be fine.
  16. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

The lag improvements are really awesome but, one issue I was hoping they would resolve and didn't is the auto attack going back to melee for rangers on auto attacks. I was hoping removing the lag would fix this but it didn't. Can you get it in with all the UI changes happening so we have a button/drop down menu to choose which auto attack we want to use full time?
  17. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Like everyone else, raiding was pretty much lag-free for us as well. We did two named in Underfoot, and most of Labs. Good stuff so far :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

I'm very glad to hear you guys had some great experiences with the hardware upgrades so far. We still have lots of work to do though. Over the next couple of weeks we will be phasing out older hardware and making plans for merges and additional hardware upgrades.
  19. ARCHIVED-Oddwhispers Guest

Chath and Apos are only saying that because they dont wont AB to be merged with anything tbh
  20. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    /worrywart.
    I do hope said work and merges don't lead to worse performance than this. Yis? Please? It's kinda nice to see the game as it's designed and not under the lagging weight of performance issues.
    Just checking... :D