Antonia Bayle - Tiny Home Challenge! Win Prizes! (11/12 - 12/03)

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Rred, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Rred New Member

We all enjoy the luxury (and sometimes frustration) of decorating on a grand scale. It's time to turn the tables and focus on the tiny! As Nights of the Dead festivities wind down and we will soon be enjoying the Heroes' Festival and begin gearing up for Frostfell, take some time out to enjoy the smaller things in life!

Starting Tuesday, November 12th and running through Tuesday, December 3rd you can enter to win prizes from the SC Marketplace by submitting your published home to the Tiny Home Challenge! This is a player run competition on the Antonia Bayle server only. There are very few rules as noted below. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Prizes are still TBD (waiting to see what Frostfell goodies appear on the marketplace!)

To Enter:

• Submit your published home to this thread by December 3rd. The home can be recently published or an already existing home. No images in this thread please. Links to images are permitted!

Eligibility:

• The home must be on the Antonia Bayle server and must be published.
    • You must be a Gold Subscriber to enter.
    • Homes can be in any official size category (ie Massive Home, Small Home, etc) However the tiny portion must be clearly marked as a separate part of the home.
    • Apartments and tiny homes in "villages" DO qualify however multiple tiny homes within one larger home will only count as one entry and will not increase/decrease your chance of winning.
    • The home must be large enough for the judge (a tiny Fae, Magpye or Arasai, Nukls) to walk through and enter every room.
    • Enter as many homes as you like!
    • Duplicates created using layout editor files will be disqualified. All floor-plans must be original.

Judging:

• Judging will begin on November 12th and end on December 6th. No entries submitted after December 3rd will qualify.
    • All rulings will be final. Points will be awarded for size, creativity, size, style, size, originality and of course SIZE!
    • Everyone is encouraged to vote on the homes via in-game like system, however number of likes will not increase your chances of winning. The outcome will be solely based on non-biased judging criteria.

Prizes:

• Prizes will be awarded after December 6th.
    • All prizes will be awarded from the SC Marketplace via in-game mail.
    • Prizes will be awarded to the owner of the tiny home or to a recipient specified by the owner of the tiny home. If you are submitting a home that is owned by and has been commissioned by another player, please discuss with them the details of this contest before submitting your home to decide who will receive the prize if you should win.

DISCLAIMER:

This competition is not affiliated with SOE in any way. This is a privately run competition and the rules may change or the competition discontinued without notice for any reason without compensation. (Not very likely but computer crashes happen)

Please direct any questions regarding the Tiny Home Challenge to this thread.

Thanks for entering and Happy Decorating!
  2. Morg Well-Known Member

a question... Why only open to Gold Membership level? I've seen some beautiful homes done by ftp and silver account holders!
  3. Rred New Member

Since there are fewer perks for being a gold subscriber, I decided to make this a "perk" in appreciation.
  4. Morg Well-Known Member

That is awesome Rred!!! What a very nice thing to do :)
  5. Rred New Member

Time is ticking down decorators! The deadline is this Tuesday at midnight! Hope you all aren't too tired from decorating Qeynos and Freeport during the Heroes' Festival to decorate a tiny house!
  6. Rred New Member

Rrawwww! Disappointing that no one entered. However, I am not discouraged! I have over 10k SC burning a hole in my pocket! Keep an eye out for the next Home Challenge. The subject will be "Romantic Getaway!" Start planning now and hopefully we will have a better turnout for the next Challenge! /wink
    Feara likes this.
  7. msgnomer Active Member

I think it was a great idea and sorry no one entered. I have an idea though. Perhaps next contest can be posted in the Homeshow forum. (maybe it was, but I never saw it, and I just noticed this one today, since I forget to check this board regularly).

I also found the instructions a little ambiguous - were the homes supposed to be for tiny beings, or just tiny, as in a two room aptarment a done up. I'm assuming the latter, but I wasn't positive.

Anyway - cool idea and I'm glad you have such a good attitude as to give this another try in the future. :)
    Feara likes this.
  8. TarnaX Active Member

+1 to posting this in the homeshow forum next time- that's where all the deco cool kids hang out :cool:
  9. Morg Well-Known Member

Aww that's a bummer Rred :( I was looking forward to seeing the postings of what our community can do with a 2 room home! And yes, posting this in Homeshow Thread will get your players lined up :) as well as joining the homeshow channel in game and advertising your post there!

Good Luck on the next event and I hope you have an awesome turnout!!
    Feara likes this.
  10. Rred New Member

I'm already in the homeshow channel but I didn't want to spam in it. I did mention the contest a couple of time there though. And I didn't want to double post in 2 forums either. This thread had over 7000 views well before the deadline. I'm sure people were just busy with other things. But, we'll just focus on the future and hope there's a better turnout next time.
  11. Cinnamon Active Member

This is my first time reading this, but a majority of my characters are on Butcherblock. Personally I feel the reason you may not of had any at all is by limited to one server. The majority of house decorators are a small base of players vs. others players who don't do this, so maybe you should open this up to other servers too? If you have 1 character slot open then there is nothing that will stop you from spending SC on them servers too if decide a winner from one them. :)