Another Mass population decrease? sure why not you don't seem to care.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cleaner, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Cleaner Active Member

It seems that the Developers REFUSE! to Balance the classes based on Utility vs dps vs mitigation. accounting the fact that I have seen the very best Warlock get beat out by a Berzerker, Ranger, Conj, and the Swashy falling into T2 dps. I have decided to move my entire guild over to Elder Scrolls online. They don't have a lot of content but seem to have there head in the right place for playability and class balance. 23 customers lost for sure maybe more later as we get a solid base set up in another game, as we like to stick together.
    Taking a Pure dps class with no Utilities of any use and degrading them to T2 is just ignorance to the highest degree! I guess they want everyone to delete all there classes and just play the Utility/dps classes and FTW. NOTHING has been done to fix anything everything scales the exact same way it did before. SO to the rest of you, seems the only way to stop a train is to stop feeding it coal. In that sense I will stop paying for eq2 and all other SOE products.
  2. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

The rage quit is strong with this one. So you have "the very best" warlock, and he's being out parsed by zerkers? There is a problem here, but I am not sure it's one SOE can solve.
  3. Parable New Member

Terrible warlock
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would strongly suggest looking at your gear and the crit chance requirements of various zones. Compare also your potency and ability mod. Our raid warlock is putting up 4 mil or better parses regularly, so I think the problem is not the class or the zerkers, I think it's you, OP.

The mechanics and meaningfulness of stats changed completely with TOV. If you do not grok these changes, well, I suggest asking in chat on your server who the best warlocks are, then check out how they are geared and adorned via EQ2U.

Another helpful tool for improvement is The Dragon's Armory. There you can see all your stats at once, and hovering over any stat gives you info on what exactly it does and where the hard and soft caps are, and what bones you get going overcap. The tool also flags sup par equipment and can suggest upgrades.
  5. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Which warlock is this exactly?. If the "very best" is getting outparsed by Swashies/Zerkers, you are either fighting and comparing AoE trash or content that is not significant. If your warlock is getting out parsed by a Swash, its not the game that needs balancing, its the player. The 4ish top warlocks out there haven't moved to Elder Scrolls as far as I know. With the way procs are currently, unless you are doing content that doesn't die within 1 minute, its kind of rough to gauge class balance. Doubt i'd take the whole guild out of eq2 because a reckless SK is top 5 on parse.

Mechanics 101 - Trash/AoE fights don't matter.
    Sigrdrifa and Estred like this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Except for giggle-parsing to see what kind of dumb stuff you can pull off. I could site a fight where a Guardian has pushed out 3 Million DPS, never mind it was an AE-Encounter on Trash and only lasted 12 Seconds max. That parse is totally a representation of what the Guardian is capable of doing.
    alQamar, Sigrdrifa and Tigerr like this.
  7. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think lots of people are comparing their "giggle parses" and thinking that classes aren't balanced.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

I didn't realise ESO had been released yet.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I love how none of these other 22 outraged guild members of the op's bothered to post...
    alQamar and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Charlice Well-Known Member

Maybe their eyes are too clouded with tears to type?
    Cuelaen, Xillean, Sigrdrifa and 3 others like this.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

hmm, warlock is T1 dps, the best T1 infact atm..
  12. Treiko Active Member

I say good riddance. The less people we have that suck at the game and want things changed to be easier for them, the better. You know what I do when I suck at a class? I roll a new one and try that out LOL. Just ignore the other 15 characters on the account.. the one that matters has been found at last :)
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

The berzeker syndrom is striking very strrongly. Lot of totally stupid zerker rush trash and simply mash 1-2 buttons
    without targetting.

As soon as it become a bit challenging most of them totally fail to tank decently, with probably the exeption of old school berzekers.

Note that i agree with the population drop, soon the only game left will be raiding (anyway there is almost nothing lef to do outside raiding).

Only way to get decent pickup is to wait midnigth and people that want to earn some etymas running 2-3 instances.
    Many many players left since COE, and elder scroll is another threat.
  14. Cleaner Active Member

note I said one of the best warlocks putting up 3-4mil in raid, zerker puts up those numbers ranger puts up around 4.5-5mil swashy necro and conj can push 5-6mil on some pulls, correct is it based on encounter , you act as if I was stating a 2mil difference in dps, I was just stating that in NO WAY should any other Class should be beating out the WIZARD or the WARLOCK on the parse mainly because they have no utilities, yet they are falling 2cnd to 3rd. My wizard fall 3rd about every other fight. my main issue is there area about 10 classes fighting over the top damaging slots because of the diminishing of skill sets and roles separation for classes. You sit and judge my comments, go ahead the game is dieing and catering to YOU has motivated the population decreases.NOT everyone sees the game the way you do and when you are the only Fanboy left playing the game and standing there with 2 other people in general chat reality MIGHT set in.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

I've outparsed Warlocks and Wizards and look at my class. The thing is if a T1 does not get the right buffs or time their spells right they suffer extremely for DPS. You know how much DPS is lost on a Wizard if the Illusionist doesn't TW during Fiery Blast? Even with a 40-50% Self Spell Double on the wizard it still makes them lose about 1.5 Million DPS. If they are using bad cast-orders that too hurts their parse by sometimes over a million.

So yes, take a "good" Warlock and compare them to an "amazing" Enchanter and yeah, it's going to seem the Lock is weak. I however know a Warlock who has and can parse 11 Million on an encounter when the Enchanters are doing 2 Million. You seem a bit jaded that T1 should be on top regardless as though just casting is enough to be T1, there is much much more to being a good DPS Class than simply casting.

Also Cleaner, your posts are aggressive and quite frankly borderline inflammatory as you are claiming "we (people other than your guild, IE those posting here) are ruining the game" and that we are "fanboys" who refuse to see the light. Your really being rude. You may find better responses if you stop attacking posters. Fanboys's also is a term used to imply "blind support of a product" and I can assure you that many of us have played over five different MMO's at various times and we still play EQ2 for various reasons. ESO has a lot to do to prove to me it will be a good game, though it has promise. MY question is: Can it Deliver?
    Cuelaen, Charlice and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Treiko Active Member

I had a long reply all typed up to this just now... but seriously all this boils down to a case of "I want to do what they can do but not actually try and decipher why I can't seem to match up right now". Dissect your rotation, your AAs, your gear, your group make-up, make some changes, and go from there. It will get you a lot farther than this crying thing you are doing now - which if SoE is going to ignore anything, it's going to be crocodile tears. Regardless... good luck and adios.
    Cuelaen, Charlice and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

w/e you all trying to say here the main point stays. Classes are unbalanced. Subclasses are unbalanced. Look at enchanters (I brought this example b/c someone mentioned them above). Illusionists now are in t1 damage group and coercers are still somewhere way below barely above or on par with bards, tanks and healers. Really,, soe? That's how you invisioned class balance?
    So quit moking OP but rather look at entire picture.

EDIT: sure in labs I can charm and my pet will parse as t1. But creatures I can charm and have a good damage output few and far b/w. Give us something to charm in each zone or get our PE damage output up as you, soe, did for illusionists pets. And don't tell me it's gear or group set up. A decent illusionist in a crappy gear would outparse any coercer even on their bad hair day.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

A load of crock.

Dps is based on so much being done correctly. You can no longer compare warlock A with illy X because gear now comes massively into it.

Clicky procs and effects, massive dps procs, etc.

You'd have to put those toons in exactly the same gear, exact proc jewellery and clicky effects, then parse them knowing they're doing their optimum button mashing and have optimum buffs.

It will never be a true comparison with no variables anymore.

My dps classes can vary by over 3m dps depending on the fight and the items I use, when I time them (if I remember to use them!), etc etc.
    Kalika likes this.
  19. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If your warlock thinks he has no utility he's nowhere near the "very best"
    alQamar and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. black11b New Member

this is no wrong not even funny