Another Maj'dul Crash?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bhayar, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

This is why I've gone to playing Neverwinter and Diablo 3. I still play EQ2 but not as often as I used to.:(
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

Time to hire some guys that actually know how to fix these problems.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. What's sad is, it's an hour after I originally posted this and still nothing from DPG. I want to play this game, but the game apparently doesn't want to be played. The crashes are becoming an endemic part of the problem with a frequency that's becoming unacceptable. Literally, it's every Friday/weekend without seeming to miss. It might be time to really start looking elsewhere. If you had a car that was this unreliable, how long would you keep pouring money into it before it became apparent it was time to trade it in for a newer model. You may not like the new model as well as you did the old one, but at least it runs and smells good, haha.
    Leloes likes this.
  4. Observing Active Member

Strange database issues. Started 8 overseer quests this morning. Still 6 remaining
  5. Bananahs New Member

I have been playing this game just for 2 months and I was seriously thinking of becoming a member. But these problems take me away the desire to be a member.
    Just a question to members: Do they return this server down time to your accounts?
    Manafizzle likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Your count is impacted by what kind of mission you run. If you're running "charged" missions (ones you pick up from guy on docks), your count won't be impacted. Uncharged ones (those permanently in your OS base) will affect the count.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yep, totally agree. I enjoy playing other games but I, also, want to play EQ2.:confused:
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No they do not. See you in the next PQ, my friend. Well, maybe not. That's in about 3 minutes. Maybe the one at noon...assuming some one is awake and at the wheel.
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

We don't even have the banner that says they are looking into a "possible problem with the Maj'Dul server":confused:
    AOE1 likes this.
  10. Bananahs New Member

I think they should do it, it would be a good thing for everyone.
    I hope for the noon one in USA "9PM in Spain" the server is up again and we can see us in the PQ.
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

On Discord, Maj'Dul server chat:

Caith Today at 10:38 AM
    No update, we're investigating.
    Laaw likes this.
  12. Laaw Well-Known Member

NAP TIME, kinda don't mean to shout
  13. Observing Active Member

I guess i have to be THAT pedantic on these forums.
    Strange database issues. Started 8 UNCHARGED overseer quests this morning. Still 6 UNCHARGED quests remaining
  14. busytony New Member

They probably trying to take the research reductions away from maj'dul but they keep messing things up.With all this downtime we are suffering from they should let us keep them for another week for compensation. please don't give us any more merc or mount reducers cause most 120 players have maxed them out.
    ohh p.s the new quest for the green adorn is totally a waste of time for most players and heres why. 6 people in a heroic group all needing them and the drop rate suxs really bad maybe 1 drop in like 10 dungeons. getting players to do them all the time is a no go. whys this? cause no one needs the gear in heroics. yes we can get better gear from a solo dungeon latest dungeon added.
    So maybe the developers need to actually play the game day in day out before they introduce stuff to the game.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's not about being pedantic. It's about accuracy in describing your situation. There is a difference between charged and uncharged missions for OSers and whether they get "counted." Just because you know the difference doesn't mean everyone else does or even that we are to infer that from a simplistic post. We call that "assuming," and you know what they say about that.

That said, I had no issues starting my uncharged OS quests and having an accurate count show. Given the recent odd ball stuff that's happening in game, hard to say if it's your character bugged vs. the whole database.

And what that has to do with a server crash escapes me.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

So they can go on Discord and say something? Not everyone is on Discord or WANTS to be on Discord. THIS is the game forum. Or maybe they just don't care about the rest of us which is what I am beginning to think.
  17. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Agreed.... Dreamweaver has been very good about posting on the forums.
    Discord hasn't been very helpful today...... Just the post from Caith earlier.
  18. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

No, they do not.
    AOE1 likes this.
  19. Mournblade New Member

was probably another ID 10 T Error like always
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I've been out this morning, sorry everyone. I am catching up and getting updates on everything now.
    Breanna, Jinksie and Leloes like this.