Another GU, Another Lack of Change

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Sydares, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Worst case scenario we get insanely better at soloing and can clear some SF instances solo, awesome we are on par with SK's now on solo ability. Kind of an odd term here but OP'd soloing in general is a 'victimless crime.' I really don't care that SK's can solo like that, its when people say we are op'd solo because of damage so we don't need anymore that I other classes solo ability up. When aspects of overpowered soloing ability bleed over to op'd group or raiding ability, or make it so we dont need groups that it becomes a problem.

Unfortunately 'famed' ranger solo ability does not bleed over into OP'd group or raid ability. It kind of bleeds over to PvP I suppose but again that's not my or the majority of the customer bases concern. They have ways of limiting PvP damage anyway, there were several nerfs rangers had to suffer because of PvP balance problems which is just unacceptable.

Fear of being too OP'd soloing is is no way a valid excuse to not increase our raid/group DPS at this point. We are meant to be T1 DPS in ALL aspects and that's what I want first and foremost. They could give us bard and enchanter levels of utility and I wouldn't be satisfied until our DPS is clearly T1.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Jack@Lucan DLere wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

With a number of other class's fully able to solo more, and not only more but more efficently you cant claim we are OPd with solo lol. Brigands and Swashs can solo alot of triple yellows cause they can stun lock them down, Furys.../chuckle can solo as well as Rangers but whatever. Fact is most dps class's can one shot even con mobs, and most can solo ^^^ yellows, this expansion isnt exactly filled with hard mobs.
    As long as others can solo whatever we can and some can solo ALOT more than we can, I could care less about argueing about us soloing, its a weak reason to not fix a class. No we dont need a boost in soloing
    EDIT: NM im a idiot, i was clicking my hotkey and not my buff.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Venez, are you trying to imply that the one of the left is the one we have the PvE servers? Last time I checked the one on the right is what we have on the PvE side of the fence.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Not old and new versions, thats PvP and PvE versions. Notice the checked PvP box.

Why are you showing this?
  7. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

fixed in my edit, sorry examined what was on my hotbar instead of what was in my buff window.
    Odd, all my buffs on my hotbars show as pvp.
  8. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

When it comes to soloing actual SOLO content, yes rangers are extremely efficient. When it comes to soloing small or regular group content, there are several classes better than rangers at it, and those classes are in more demand than rangers in groups and raids. Can't even argue that rangers are a 'solo class' because other classes do it better, and don't have as many problems finding a raid or group spot.

So yet another reason why our solo ability should have absolutely no bearing on getting our group and raid DPS up. There is plenty of room to up our DPS before we become 'overpowered' for solo content.
    So what is it? What possible justification could there be to NOT up our DPS?
    • PvP DPS can be individually managed.
    • Other classes, with more demand, can solo better than us.
    • We have less useful utility than other DPS classes. Even if Focus Aim is better some how its not enough to justify a ranger over a rogue or massive sorcerer/assassin DPS.
    • We only have as much or less defense than assassins or rogues.
    • Melee's can often stay in on AE and survive anyway, so being able to 'dps at range' while other scouts can't is a minimal advantage at best., and not an advantage at all when going against mages.
    I would really love a dev or the producer to answer to this. Even if its 'we don't like rangers' it would be something.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Boise wrote:
    lets be fair here the new producer had been here only a couple of weeks and this update was in the works months before he came on board.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Raahl wrote:
    I'm like you I love my Ranger and I'm not in a hardcore raiding guild and they let me join raids and groups all the time even with my subpar dps.(and I"m not that good of a Ranger yet). but I'm trying to power level one of my healers so that I can bring something to our raids, because I don't like feeling that I"m being carried to so I can get myself geared up to still be a subpar dps class.
  11. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

I imagine that if this were an 8 page thread by now they would have responded already. Unfotunately, it isn't likely to make it to 8 pages anymore because so many rangers have quit/betrayed. It is one of the 4 or 5 lowest population classes there are now. The only reason it isn't the lowest (guessing here) is that it is popular with the roleplayers and soloers. You could probably count all the rangers left in mid level to upper level raid guilds on your fingers.
    There will soon be 3x as many level 90 shadowknights as rangers.
    Re: Whether they are not fixing us because of the solo aspect or pvp aspect, I don't know. I have heard so little regarding rangers and what has been said does not seem to be followed up, that all I have to go on are my guesses.
  12. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Jack@Lucan DLere wrote:
    we had like 700? posts on the beta forums before Rothgar / Xelgad posted that they would look into it when they had the time and they already had some ideas. Personally I think it was a mercy post to get some of us to shut up. All of the problems and multiple ideas on how to fix them were posted in SF beta, a bunch were posted in each beta for the last 3+ yrs, so its not like they dont know what the community is thinking, its been pretty much spelled out.
    I have seen alot of Rangers I have known in the last 3yrs quit to the constant nerfing of our class, I have seen a handfull of Top End game Rangers betray and another handfull switch mains altogather due to the lack of us being fixed. And still Management and the Dev Team has done very little to help us out - I wont say they havent done anything because they did toss us a bone with fixing Stream and Makeshift, but in reality thats all it was - a bone.
    Go to the offical site and the unoffical site and check how many guilds are recruiting rangers, or have in the last 2yrs. Then tell me how desireable Rangers are. To make it worse check how many Top End Rangers there are currently, as in how many High End Game guilds have one, and for a hugh joke try to app to one.
  13. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

I can't remember if we ended up tipping 1000 posts on the beta board or not. If we didn't, we were dang close. Pretty sure there were at least 900 posts there.
  14. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

We did break 1000 posts on beta. It did get somethings fixed. It did not cause any "overall" issues to be changed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Ranja wrote:
    Thanks. :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    Honestly at this point I'm not expecting too much (Edit: in terms of red name posting). Dev's rarely post about subjects like this until they are ready to address them. I think we've gotten as much "notice" as we're going to get until they are ready to pull the trigger and the previous comments of "when we have time" make me think this is pretty low on the list. But I could be wrong.
    As for the producer, well I'm not sure he's been there long enough to know much more than we are upset but not the full context of the issues. Which is not his fault, it hasn't been that long and while he access to our complaints he would not be doing his job if he just took our words at face value. He has to understand our concerns, understand the devs' concerns, see the underlying data and then prioritize according to everything else that needs to be done. Between that and the fires from the upcoming Live Update 56 I wouldn't be surprised if it's a while before he gets to even looking at our problems.
  17. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well that's depressing. We basically have to depend on the team that blew smoke up our butts to get the new producer "caught up" on ranger issues. Which isn't many, hey our CA's don't do as much DPS as sorcerers, assassins and in some cases swashbucklers, kthx. That coupled with ignorant trolls getting more attention and defense than people who actually know what's going on in the other thread here.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Meh, I'm hoping that was more directed at the "Not Real Ranger" comments than the calling out of people who are spouting opinions with no direct knowledge or worse, incorrect understanding of mechanics. If it was though "hey you can say whatever you want no matter how wrong it is and not get called on it" then we have a whole other issue.
  19. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

While I am not really a raider in this game, I felt that my 90 ranger wasn't even up to par in grouping situations. I powerleveled a dirge and am much happier with her capabilites and what she brings to groups and the random raids I join. Admittedly, I came from raiding a ranger in Vanguard a year ago, so the disappointment was just waiting for me, but it's amazing to me just how ignored this class is in EQ2! I considered getting my ranger some BGs gear but didn't feel like wasting the plat on poisons and arrows, I just figured I'll level my fury and get tokens on her.
    I realize I'm not saying anything new here, but I just wanted to add another name to the list of people really fed up with rangers. I'm glad I never raided on Roslyn! I'm glad she gets whatever heirloom gear my dirge doesn't need instead of actually working on her - because I already feel like it was a huge waste of time getting attached to the character. At this point the only reason I don't betray her to assassin is because A) her house is fully decorated and B) assassins are divas. ( :p )
    Oh and as far woodworkers getting angry if they couldn't gouge rangers anymore - as a 90 carpenter, I have zero sympathy. I make plenty of money - not from crafting - without disenfranchizing an entire class population.
  20. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Nevao wrote:
    I also think you will not hear anything from a Dev on this subject here, basically because it would cause a complete firestorm no matter what they said at this point, to many Rangers, to many years of no fixs and hollow promises of "we will look into it" or my favorite "working as intended".
    I cant blame the new producer at all, he is walking into a complete disfunctional mess on alot of differant levels. Besides are there any Devs left from launch? Rothgar maybe? honestly im not sure anymore, or which ones are still here from the end of EoF when this mess started. So you can see the Managment turn over I think has really hurt us because there is not really many if any left that understand that Rangers were always billed as T1 DPS, how many devs know what T1 even means now?