Another 2 months of DoF is too long

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Redlight, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

That is only US, you aren't even looking at EU / Korea / Russia etc. High pop servers also have queues, just not nearly as long. The populations have been more spread out since they added about 6 or so more servers this week.

Last week, you have 20 or so NA servers at full, with anywhere from 5 - 20k player queues per server.

Tonight is actually the lowest I have seen the servers, I guess the 3rd weekend in and several additions of more servers things have begun to mellow out a little.

-side note, one medium occupancy server, has more people on it than all of EQ2 combined ;)
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji that's just so sad :( .
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am not even going to really comment on this since most of it is conjecture, you don't have any firm numbers any more than anybody else does. Blizzard has a larger team and a lot more money to work with and always has so lets quit comparing apples to oranges.
    Dude, Rosyposy, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and they use advertising and we will have to see how many server they have after 4 years , that's the time we had TLE servers here if not longer .
    Rosyposy, Siren and Breanna like this.
  5. docsam Member

As mentioned you have not added in the asian or EU servers
    Had to switch my server on EU last week because it still had 9k people in queue and thats even after they added transfer
    But its down to resources i suppose as it is an almost exact replica of wow classic at launch and clearly blizzard has more
    Sadly EQ2 has probably less dev in total then a fraction of those allocated to WoW classic
    But I agree on one point the best thing to do if you do not have resources to "fix"the TLE is to speed it up as at least it gives people a fresh experience each say 8 weeks and that helps a lot
  6. docsam Member

Actually , they already are looking on moving to next xpac but since its only a few weeks old they are clearly playing the watch and see game
    Trust me this is blizzard they do the maths and if they see numbers are dropping bad they will suddenly announce progression and would have already worked on it prior to announcement !
  7. Kodlar New Member

With the amount of content with the Core game and DoF I think they should have released expacs within the same time frame as Nagafen (3 weeks) with later expacs like KoS - EoF - RoK make them 3-6 months. DoF and core EQ can be cleared within a week's time frame and then it just becomes a dead server. Also think the contested mobs like Barakah, Siyamak, Terrorantula should have their timers set to 2-4 hours vs 8 hours to give other guilds a chance at even clearing them. Seems like they are on permanent lockdown by the main raid guilds. I havent even seen Siyamak or Barakah up in PoF. kinda lame.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

I know week one of Classic, there were over 230k people in queue across all the NA servers combined, and EQ2 hasn't had that type of combined population since about 2014.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

T5 would have lasted slightly longer if XP was actually close to launch values. No one cleared T5 in the first week. The 4 month plan would have been fine, IF DoF was the midcontent patch for T5.

Contested mobs should never have been put on an 8 hour respawn. No guild wants to contest mobs every 8 hours. I know this because we controlled 80% of the x4 contested mobs the first 3-4 weeks of T5. It does nothing but burn people out.

You want other guilds to have a chance at contested mobs? Make then difficult enough to wipe a 4 group raid. So 6-10 players can't show up with crap gear on and kill a x4. We 5 manned both PoF dragons week one of DoF. So did other guilds. If you want contested mobs to be "contested", there needs to be a chance at a wipe.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Docsam I was talking about around 4 years down the road , not only 2 weeks.
    I do agree with you Zenji and they have tried ( a little ) we did the god king the other day and some of the nameds are now harder to kill and pull some new tricks on you but like we were all saying earlier , to little to late , I hope they worked hard on the next expansion and this time peoples expectations will be better met .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

The concerned part is it too late to save the server? IF they manage to do a good job with KoS it will help, but is the damage already done? I think people coming back are less likely with each TLE.

I hope I am wrong, I hope KoS - RoK are done really well and people come back. Those expansions, are my favorites.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  12. Somedude Active Member

WoW aside...

The conscious decision to make this TLE longer expansion time gates along with the conscious decision to make the content the easiest it has ever been, when combined, made for phenomenally bad game design.

It's not like this wasn't called out by virtually every knowledgeable EQ2 player at the announce of Kaladim and further upon its release and the challenge level uncovered.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Ya I got off topic, apologies :)

The perfect storm that you described, is why Kaladim will likely be the shortest lived TLE yet.
    Kalika likes this.