Annoying AA Bug

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by TinyRatongaofDoom, Oct 3, 2019.

1. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

So.. I have this thing, where every time I level my AAs break, and I'm level 87 right now. I have to commit to a different AA spec, then re-commit to the AA spec that broke every single time I level. It's irritating. I don't want to spend time trying to re-set up my buffs and re-summon my pet every single time I level.

Also, when I mean by my AAs breaking, I mean, all my buffs disappear, my pet gets unsummoned, and all my AA skills disappear. I do Agnostics a lot and having to re-set up everything is wasting my time.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is working as intended. AAs affect a number of spells/combat arts, and so when you change your AA, you get a clean slate.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

The point is that the only reason he/she is changing AAs is because the buffs and being on a mount sometimes get wiped as you level. I've had that happen on multiple characters.
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  4. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

No it's not, I am having to change AAs BECAUSE everything gets reset every time I level. All my buffs, my summons, and my spells get reset and I have to change to a different AA because of that and then switch back.
    Rhodris and Dude like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You're not alone in this. I have a friend with the same problem, and there's another thread (I don't remember where) of someone else who is running into this.

It APPEARS to be if you put points into the Heroic tab too early. The Dragon tab doesn't seem to have a problem, and I'm not sure about Shadows, but I think that's not an issue. I believe it's a leftover from when you had to be a minimum level in order to put points into the Heroic tree, and even though that's no longer supposed to be the case, there seem to be some bizarre - not entirely consistent - glitches if you do that tree with early points.

If you're finding it's something different, please let us know. I'm not personally running into this, but then, I always put points into the first two tabs first because I usually want the end-line abilities, and only after that do I put points in other trees.

Oh, and my friend who has this problem is seeing it on his necro, which I'm guessing is what yours is (looking at your sig). He said he wanted an ability from the Heroic tab early on, and that seems to be what caused his problem.
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Dude like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have this problem on my characters, not one of which is a necro. Even using the auto-builds causes this issue, rather than my own.

I have noticed that it only happens between a particular level range, and once you get past that range, it settles down. Don't ask me what the range is, because I'm not in game and cannot remember now lol.
    Juraiya, Dude and Breanna like this.