ANNOUNCING: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap for 2017

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Gretel Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you like it, Kianne! Did you find the way out through the "chimney" from the snow area back to the cabin? If not, take a look again. :) Oaky, if you read this, when you video this house, there's a bit of a hidden maze inside.

To whoever my decorator is: I haven't had a chance to get into game yet, but hope to later today or tomorrow to see the house. I'm very excited to get in there, just having traveling/access issues to the game itself at the moment.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am going to try to get the videos done as soon as possible but I have been sick with the flu and whatever other winter crude going around. Please remember to put SSHHS2017 somewhere in the title so I can easily spot the houses on leaderboards. I will try to do all the published ones first so I can advertise the easiest way to get to the house in video. After done with those will use Building's access to get to houses and make sure the house's access is set to visitor.

Please feel free to use this thread to say how much you love your house (or send mail in-game or how ever you want to tell them) and if your house is published (and details) so you can start getting visitors without waiting on me.
  3. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I published mine yesterday. I'd have said such sooner, but I'm still recovering from pneumonia and tend to tire easily.

I was expecting to see one room done, but holy cow! They did the whole house! It's fantastic! The museum made me very happy. The house is gorgeous (Yellow is my favorite color.), and the winter village with everyone's house actor in it had me giggling. I really liked the ice skating rink as well.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Wait a maze? a Maze maze? Watch the video after I post it and let me know if I missed anything. I think I found all the hidden stuff but is there an actual maze? I have 7 videos completed so far only 5 uploaded. I haven't posted them yet. I have 27 more houses to go. I started with AB cuz that is at the top of my spreadsheet and got all the ones published (plus two more). Tomorrow I will check AB for more published then move to Halls of Fate cuz next in spreadsheet.

P.S. Sorry would have finished more but a few of them I had to do multiple times, I am sick and I got a bad phone call today. Hopefully I can go faster tomorrow.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Someone saw one of the videos (on my channel just not posted on forums yet) if I was upset. I am not upset about anything in the houses. I have been sick lately and I got a bad phone call as I mentioned. My mom almost died and is still in hospital (2 states away). I am trying very hard to hold it together. If I don't sound excited about your decorating or whatever please don't think that. I have truly loved every single house so far and don't think the remaining 27 will be any different.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy! Ouch! No worries, just take it easy and don't stress any further. We know you've been fighting off germs at the very least, so focus on getting healthy and whatever your mom needs! :-/

If the videos are therapeutic for you, all the better! :)

Uwk
  7. Gretel Well-Known Member

You got it all, Oaky! It's just a couple little secret spots and you found them. :D Your video was awesome (I peeked - I'm able to get online tonight but likely not again until the weekend and couldn't wait, sorry), and I want to apologize to you for a serious bout of brain fog while I was doing the house actor dialog and packing for my trip in a bit of a panic - I completely forgot you were the one doing the videos and put in Shanette because I borrowed her couch design. Also, the hooks I used for the coat rack are the Baneful Skull on a String - if you tilt it just right the hook shows but the skull is hidden in the wall - and that's one of those things I am sure I got from another decorator at some point but don't remember who.

I hope you feel better very soon and that your mom recovers quickly and completely. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

~Zora

P.S. Finally got in game - I love my house! I have an impossible time working with Freeport houses myself, and want to thank Ennia for doing a totally amazing job in there. That house feels huge! And there are so many wonderful little details that make it feel like a real home. I got it published too. Thank you, Ennia (Chikken)! <3
    Chikkin and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOVE my 2 houses! Thank you Secret Santa!
  9. Mardya Member

I love my house (Alisande's on Skyfire)! My Secret Santa has spoiled me immensely and not only made a gorgeous design, but also has added in a lot of extras that makes it a home I'll be using a LOT. The use of the Food/Drink depot is genius, and I am in love with the kitchen,the main room and the theater, as well as all the gorgeous details. Thank you so much! <3
  10. kianne Well-Known Member

I totally loved it ..so much thank you i was so excited when i went back to look a second time and discovered all the secret bits...the light in the house is way way cool ..what a nifty idea you had there , i totally totally loved it and i also loved the reference to lera the(not) frostfell elf ... i was creased up when i saw all them elves lol... Oaky you did an awesome job on touring my home ty hunni xxx
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Published the house that Xirevening did for me, and I have to say, I love it! Perfect place for an old-fashioned Fae Paladin Provisioner (who dresses in red, white, and blue; likes stars and stripes...Avenger Steffel Rudigeren [Steve Rogers, aka Captain America] the Veteran ;->). Nice reskin; the sumac really warms the place up. :) Fascinating use of High Keep furniture, and so many new rooms! Wow! :D

Thanks, Xir/Uykiouh! :)

Uwk
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have heard that someone was bashing one of the participants in this event in Homeshow channel last night. Totally NOT cool. I heard that people were telling the person to take their negativity to general chat. This is not the first time that I have heard from multiple sources that this person has openly bashed another decorator's work after an event. It does not matter how well you decorated someone else's house, you should not be comparing your skill level with the person assigned to decorate your house. We seriously considered whether or not this person should even be allowed to participate. It was my mistake for allowing this person a second chance. This event was open to people at all skill levels. Not everyone can do a massive house in the time allowed. Not everyone can build houses from scratch. It is expected that people will show others respect, be grateful and publish the houses for a certain amount of time so others can see everyone's houses. Most of us, no matter how skilled, have confidence issues with whether or not the homeowners will like their houses when we are finished. The number of people participating is reducing and the decorating community should not have to fear participating in events worrying they might be the next person to receive this sort of negativity. This sort of thing is why I can no longer handle running events because it breaks my heart that instead of everyone encouraging, helping, appreciating one another we have a someone being hateful and very disrespectful.

Open your heart and mind and be kind to one another.
    Karamella, Geden, Sapphirius and 3 others like this.
  13. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

o no, that's sad Oaky, I love all the houses that everybody did and waiting for more to publish to I can visit and give a like, they all did a great job this year, why would somebody say such thing. *cries* :(
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! :( There were a couple of little glitchy things that I tidied up with mine, which I'm sure might've given my decorator fits while working on it (we've all been there! ;) I don't even usually catch mine until after publishing... :-/), but overall, it was wonderful, and I appreciate it muchly! :D

Uwk
  15. Ethini Well-Known Member

I unfortunately heard this person's tirade, I was appalled. I also saw that everyone that was responding to them was basically telling them to be grateful, or take it elsewhere. It's really awful when there are one or two that just can't be happy, or at least allow others their happiness.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fortunately, they're usually a very small minority. Unfortunately, they're often very loud and obnoxious. :-/

Uwk
    Karamella, Ocarinah and Ethini like this.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I've not really been in game a whole lot lately. (I'm still recovering and get tired very easily.) I missed this, and thank goodness I did! How unfortunate! So far, I've loved all the homes you've done video tours of. I've been watching the videos on my tablet in bed and liking them on YouTube. I've even logged in to view some of them in person when I have the energy, and the amount of detail I've found in all the homes has been amazing.

Just because someone can't build a home from scratch or reskin one perfectly doesn't mean that they haven't put a lot of thought and effort into what they did.
  18. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

^this
    It always blows me away the amount of work people put in to these swaps. I love every part of them and am so glad that they exist! Thank you to all the swap organizers and awesome job everyone!
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

For some reason I was not on that night. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't.

* oh yeah. . . I was on Thurgadin trying to figure out what to do with my dead/dieing guild and it's massive guild hall*
  20. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Bah, how sad that this happened. I was not on, but that is just uncalled for IMO. I am not sure what joy someone could have calling someone out like that :(

From the Event planners to the participants, everyone puts a lot of time and effort into these events.

I would love to see them continue. Please do not let this put you off from joining another event. Everyone is a decorator!!! This was not a contest but doing something for someone else.

I have enjoyed all the videos and I was able to view most of the homes in game (Still have a few more to visit). Such great work to all!! I am sooo stealing........err borrowing some ideas :)

Aney~