**ANNOUNCING** Fallen Gate's first Tournament of Champions!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Perrigrin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Once it gets to the point quotes are broken, I know the argument has gone far too stupid.
    I'm out. bulletcatcher, seek therapy.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

This event should be fun, I look forward to dueling any class, including the Illusionist. I may lose first round. Either way, it will nice to have a break from farming Snowflake and running Icy Dig.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Take care. Sorry things aren't the way you feel they should be. Don't let the heat melt your snow... you flake.
  5. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Thank you :) Just don't forget to email your entry!

Guys, I hate that folks had to come in and turn this into something negative. This isn't "PVP" in the literal sense. It's dueling. There are no "twinked out level locked PVPers" coming in to gank anyone. We're talking people between lvl 41-50, being matched up (randomly for the first brackets) in single combat. We're all PVE players, nobody has battlegrounds gear because it isn't available on FG. We've all got our quested, mastercrafted, or dropped stuff, nothing PVP specific. So chill, email your entries if you want to join, but stop spewing hate, please. This is supposed to be something FUN! lol
    Draknox and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Just so I got this straight, I made a legit comment about how pve 1v1 dueling is class based, and then as far as I'm concerned, I've left my comment and done unless someone quotes or responds to me. Three people directly reply to me, not one of them has anything to do with what I posted.

1. I get told I'm scared of PvP and illys.
    2. I get told I'm chest pounding for posting a video of me enjoying PvP on my illy.
    3. I get told by a walking internet meme that I'm an under-achieving crap player because my illy was a T4 alt.
    4. I get a lecture from a confused guy on who fired the first shots about the meaning of irony.
    5. I get told I'm bashing the OP's idea for posting an issue about class balance and pve mechanics.

Seriously I would like it if the OP's idea works. I wish the DoF Arena was better and there was some decent option for pvp. If I just wanted to bash the dude, there is plenty of low hanging fruit like the 50g entrance fee, potions restrictions, huge level gap. But I left all that unsaid because I wasn't trying to bash anything.

But due to the way 1v1 dueling works, there is a very small and limited pool of people playing classes that can be "tournament champion" so I am not hopeful for the OP. I mean, I'm not going to pay 50g to take my guard in there to get destroyed in a 1v1 by brigands, and stun locked by chanters, simply because I'm a rock and they are paper.

Good luck either way.

you know I was just playin.
  7. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Couple things

I'm not a dude :) Wouldn't expect you to have known that, but there ya go hehe. ;)

I made the entrance fee 50g because 1. it will ensure those entering are serious and won't blow it off at the last minute, 2. it will give the winner a nice pot to win, and 3. folks that level should be able to replenish the 50g easily.

I restricted the potions because I've seen plenty of duels that would have turned out way differently without the use of them. I may change that rule for future tourneys if it becomes a point of contention.

Is the lvl gap that big? I dueled a lvl 50 SK to a draw when I was 45...dueling is so much different than fighting an NPC mob. There is a certain amount of skill involved, where I think you can duel someone a bit higher and still come out the victor.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Apologies, but everyone's a dude on the internet until proven otherwise ;)

That's cool, you don't have to explain anything to me. Like I said, wasn't trying to bash or bring that stuff up, just mentioned it to make a different point.

Regardless, I think you have a good idea and could expand it into group pvp when DoF launches soon if there is enough interest. And I am all for some 1v1, just not for coin due to paper rock scissors mechanics.
    Sejreia and Perrigrin like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't drag me into this! :rolleyes:
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  10. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

So true......and hilarious

By the way, to the OP..I like the idea you have. Sorry the comments turned into a sideshow.
  11. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

These seriously made me LOL :D
    Dude likes this.
  12. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

:oops:

I sowwy.

I will be there.
  13. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

For those interested, don't forget the deadline to enter is 5PM EST TODAY.
  14. Lank New Member

Very cool idea. Good luck with the turnout.
    Ceyllynn and Dude like this.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I'm going to be on the sidelines to cheer the winners and lightly mock the losers, it should be good fun!

*eyes lank*

you're doing this right? right?
  16. Lank New Member

Unfortunately I have a prior commitment but I have every confidence this will be a great success.

Are you bringing your cookies?

Remember, today is the deadline. Send a tell to Variante!!!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Event has been cancelled. I received a whopping 1 entry, and his/her entry fee has been returned to them. I was really hoping to run a successful event that I'm sure folks would have had fun participating in and watching. I thought the chance to win a decent prize at least would draw people in. Sadly that was not the case.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

None of these word salad tossing comment flagging cupcakes showed up?
    surprise surprise
  19. jessejames Active Member

they were all afraid of your Illy alt you've been hiding.
  20. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that. While I do not participate in PvP I thought you were presenting a fun event for those people that enjoy PvP and have been quite vocal about asking for it on the server. I am sorry your efforts were not rewarded.
    Sejreia likes this.