**ANNOUNCING** Fallen Gate's first Tournament of Champions!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Perrigrin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I am pleased to announce I will be running the first ever Fallen Gate server Tournament of Champions! This will be a dueling tournament, available for any characters lvl 41-50. (I may run other tiers in the future depending on the success of this first tourney).

The tournament will be held in the Arena of Champions, located on the housing and leaderboard under massive homes.

When: Sunday, September 10th @ 5pm EST
    Who: Characters level 41-50 are eligible to compete
    Entry: There will be a 50 gold NON-REFUNDABLE entrance fee to compete in this tournament. It is non-refundable because the winner of this tournament will win the entry fees as their prize money, winner take all.
    There will be a prize for the runner-up, the person that loses the final duel.

RULES:
    1. Only characters lvl 41-50 are eligible to enter

2. No heal or mana potions will be allowed during your fight. Use of the manastone is allowed. Use of freedom of mind/action is allowed since you will really only be able to use it once during a duel due to long recast.

3. You must be UNGROUPED for your duel. The judges for your duel will send each fighter a group invite before the start of your match. If you are found to be grouped, you will be asked one time to drop group. Failure to do so will render you disqualified.

4. Failure to show up for the tournament, or for your match, will award your opponent a bye to the next round.

5. Fights will be determined via standardized brackets. The winners of the first 2 fights will duel, the winners of the 2nd 2 fights will duel, etc. on down to the last 2 fighters. The first round brackets will be determined via random draw prior to the event.

6. With regards to linkdeath - if you go linkdead during your match, you will be given 5 minutes from when your character leaves sight to return to the game. If you are the "on-deck" or next match to fight in a ring and go linkdead prior to your match, we will hold your match for 5 minutes. If you do not return to game within that time your opponent will be awarded a bye to the next round.

Only the fighters that are called to the repective rings should be on the grass inside the arena. Please no side duels during the tournament. Spectators are encouraged! Come and cheer on your guildmates and friends! There is plenty of room for seating :) If any of our lovely Homeshow videographers would like to shoot some video of the event, I welcome you to do so!

HOW TO ENTER:
    You must send me, Variante, an in game email with the following info included:
    1. Character's name
    2. Character's level and class
    3. 50g entrance fee.

The deadline for entry is NO LATER than Wednesday, September 6th by 5pm EST. Any entries / fees received after the deadline will be returned to sender, and you will not be included in the tourney. I will make a macro for in game to do a basic announcement, and lead to this thread, no more than once per hour while I am logged in.

Any questions please feel free to ask here in this thread, or message me in game. I really want to make this a fun, successful event for our server, and hoping for a good turn out!
    Ceyllynn and Draknox like this.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

PvE 1v1 dueling is really class based... an illy should be able to beat just about any class. Playing a guard or dirge, there would be no point in entering a tournament.
  3. jessejames Active Member

Then don't enter if you're scared
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

it's basic class mechanics; give me your login credentials and i'll show you how to play your toon.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think giving this guy your login credentials is a good idea. :rolleyes:
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  6. jessejames Active Member

Isn't asking someone for thier log in information against the terms of service?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

nope... why, you scared?
    Dude likes this.
  8. jessejames Active Member

Not from a guy who is afraid of a silly Illy :)
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This is pretty rich coming from someone that advocates against BGs and PvP in other threads. I've been handling trash talking garbage players that thought they knew something since Nagafen went live... the talk is always the same, and you aren't saying anything I haven't heard a million times before. Just another hen trying to establish their clucking order.

10. jessejames Active Member

i'm not against pvp, i just think there is little interest in it. I don't most people find open world pvp fun, but I enjoyed BGs back in the day.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to put something fun together for the community. I hope it is a success and has a good turn out! Don't mind the naysayers, regardless of class balance, it should be a fun time.
    Ceyllynn, Vymm, Spindle and 1 other person like this.
  12. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Aw come on guys, almost 2 weeks before the tourney and already trash talking! It'll be something fun to do and different then grinding out the same dungeons for the umpteenth time won't it?
    Spindle likes this.
  13. jessejames Active Member

so what you're saying is you'll take out sixgauge in the first round? oh snap!
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

This is a thread about PvP in a 14 year old game, would you expect anything else?
    Snikkety and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Settle down sport, I pointed out something about class balance when dueling, and jessejames trying to be cute comments on how I'm simply scared of illy's and pvp. The video shows the ridiculous irony in his tired old trolling; that's your problem if you took it wrong. I'm not sure what triggered you, but you are way off base on your silly rant and assumptions about my playstyle. There was a time when T4 was the most competitive tier in the game and we all had level 39 locked alts, which you should know if you actually played pvp. I have played in every tier, made other videos, and made videos in other games - bf1, bf3, bfbc2, gta5, unreal tournament. You sure did invent a lot of b.s. about my character for seeing one video.

I've never heard of you and have no idea who you are, but I hope if you ever group with me, you stay silent and just play your role. I commented on the OP's post and moved on, was done with this thread. Then jesse made a false accusation about my fear of illys and I posted a video proving him wrong, if you don't like it you can eat a bag of *** tbh. The toxic community is still alive and strong right here in this thread.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

anyone else see the irony here? :)
    Snikkety and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand what irony is. Irony is when some anonymous clown pops out of nowhere to bash me, and then comments on the "toxic pvp community" of underachieving scrubs like myself. I am not the one that made a claim on the wholesomeness or toxicity of any community, while being a total a**hole. Your bias against me is getting in the way of your ability to use logic.

I like how you guys skip the meat and potatoes of a post, and instead comment on the non-existing nothings around the edges.

In fact, I think that "toxic players" slogan that gets thrown around in every pvp thread has become a meme at this point.
  18. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

To be fair, Bulletcatcher comes crawling to every PvP related thread just to be condescending and unconstrucive. It would be different if anything he had to say was valid or held merit but he just spews nonsense. He thinks if you weren't playing at the level cap you were hunting new players leveling up. He has no idea how many people level locked and twinked and fought each other, more so than hunting newbies. Not to mention being twinked at the level cap allowed you to **** on lesser players more than any other tier.
  19. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

You can't be serious. holy crap I think you are. You act like level locking a toon is some extraordinary feat. Tell me how bad it was ganking the folks leveling through t4 on to the end game? "we all had level 39 locks" Who? You and your under achieving friends who only treat PvP as a side quest? You level locking under achievers help contribute to the down fall of EQ2 PvP.

You don't get it. you wont get it because in your mind you know it all. You had no desire to play EQ2 PvP server. YOu wanted to tell your guildies you had a PvP toon on PvP server. you're so l33t. So tough with your T4 level locked ganking toon. what was the level cap around that time? 70? 80? what a ******* joke.

The only thing EQ2 pvp did for you was allow you to make stupid videos and thump your chest. as we see here. you were so offended that someone jokingly stated you might be scared of illys (who by the way wont function in PvP the same on PvE server as did PvP server Stacking mez, I would love to hear your tears over that.) You had to dig up some old and crusty video of you cherry picking a few random fights as a level locked twink illy. what a fuckin joke.

You didnt prove anyone or anything wrong. You only showed everyone what a tool you are. "FaLsE AcQuSaTiOnS!" Who do you think you are though? really? You're just like me. No one. a nothing. a random pixel in life that wont affect anyone.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Irony: the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite
    The previous comment of yours I quoted is a perfect example of this definition.

You are the only one throwing around "toxic community" statements. I never bashed you or anyone else in this thread. You had the 1st comment on this thread and it came across as you were mocking/insulting the OP for putting on this type of community event.

I would like you to try and reread all of the comments in order from a perspective that isn't your own. Before you continue insulting people.