Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Either here or in Discord I saw Gninja make a confusing statement that even though these two mobs have T2 Resolve, they're really T1. WTH? That's the only words that came to me.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

It's that new, "common core" math.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Since we're talking about more vigorous Testing of EQ2 content, a great way for players to test that Loot/Treasure is working correctly would be to release Loot data to Census. With accurate percentages including weighted loot, it would be possible to precisely display treasure which could then be compared against the relative difficulty of different mobs. This code is already present on EQ2 servers. It just needs to be turned on and a minor bug with empty zones needs to be fixed.

Note that adding this would not reveal loot until a player has discovered it. Until an item is looted, all we would display is an unknown itemID.
  4. Golum Active Member

Is anyone else having a problem with Call of the Veteran? Mine does not seem to work all the time...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Only since it got added to the game 10 years ago.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

7. Herrah Member

9 pages...not going to read it all so if I say something said before then oh well.
    My issue with everything in games these days and especially the EQ franchise is content over fixes.
    Secondly, using the playerbase as FREE testers yet charge players for every little thing in game via cash shop.

You want your cake and eat it too yet cash grab your loyal players. Just not cool.
    Have better quality control in house before it even hits the test servers. YOLO code doesn't cut it.
    Give players incentive to test. Give testers discounts or freebies in the cash shop to show some appreciation.
    I get that maybe you as a company are limited as to not being able to hire paid testers, but you have an untapped community.
    Give us something to reward our game play. We after all have to PAY to play. It is not good enough to make us pay AND test. We have to take time out of actual play that we pay for to be your free tester so our game play *might* get fixed. Nope, not havin it.
  8. Elyria Well-Known Member

ok. <just gonna poke my head in here> yeah, i guess it's a nice "plan" to have stuff hit Test first for, uh, testing...but as others have mentioned, our pop. there does not not even allow for some public quests to be tested adequately, nvm raids:rolleyes:. the "testcopy" thing sounds good, except what Kuulei said, i'm sure some people would be salty about "inside information" or whatever. i don't know...But since Finch is a lil b**ch right now and Niami said the bookworm is out of recipes now too? it seems like a setup for failure. It really doesn't sound like Much of a Plan to me.
    *off topic, why the frell did they remove harvest level info?!
    i'm done:p
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It won't work if you're on a step. Rest of the time it's cast and cross your fingers.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yikes I think we need more " Cassta " posts , so tranquil so nice with so much understanding
    I need a hug reading all this venom .
    Breanna, Marae, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I think people are just nervous of this change because it either indicates that something really good is happening (like most of the devs left have been moved onto a new project like EQ3's development) or something really bad (like semi-maintenance-moding EQ2 so they can line up the EQ franchise for an impending sale).

Ever since BoL's development kicked into high gear, it has seemed like the dev team has shrunk, or something radical has happened over there. It's like they are incapable of turning out even a tiny expansion pack without problem after problem, and they struggle to solve even the smallest ones, often breaking more than they fix.

And what the heck went on with wiping all the level ranges off every mat in the game?! I don't believe the nonsense excuses about that one for a minute! It smacks of a giant accident, and total incompetence.
    Juraiya, Breanna, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can see that Siren and understand I too am nervous about what has happened lately.
    and yea I wonder if they had any idea what uproar this would cause .
    I constantly want to look up what level a material is and than realize that that's not possible anymore.
    Breanna, Siren, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  13. Alarra Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion:
    Add the following to test server give us account wide rewards on completion of BoL Weeklies you will receive the following account-wide claimable item:
    Solo: Ancient Infuser x 1
    Heroic 10 day spell research token + Ancient Infuser
    Raid: 10 day spell research token + Ancient Infuser + 200 DBC
    Crafting: 20 pack of research artifacts + 100 DBC + 1% chance at shadow book

-Alarra
  14. Herrah Member

Don't sell yourself and quality testers short. Paid testers make really good RL cash. I think a tad higher for quality reports and consistent testing is in order.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I find it interesting how quickly and strongly people have changed their opinion of EQ2 from Chaos Descending to Blood of Luclin.

I would wait until this summer (i.e. refined expansion, summer events) before jumping to major conclusions. I think the period from June (Summer Ethereals) to November (Anniversary Event) will be the real bellwether of EQ2's future. I feel like the game opens up and stabilizes during this period of time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Chaos descending was rubbish, Plane of Prophecy was rubbish, Kunark Ascending was trash, Terror of Thalumbra was the beginning of the end (logic wise) and Blood of Luclin set a new standard for how you can sell an empty bag for a premium price and expect people to be ok with it.

I can elaborate and peel this layer by layer if you so require. May turn into 1 v 1 and lock the thread but hey I am all in favor of educating the naive.
    Tkia, Rhodris, Tekka and 5 others like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I thought I was the only one who felt this way
    Tkia, Arclite, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How is working up toons to max level on Public Test (and if you created a level-capped, locked toon on Public Test, you USED to be able to get a Token from a special NPC in Qeynos Harbor/Freeport to unlock it) any different than copying your existing Live toons over to Beta? There's not a thing wrong with Public Test; things should be tested seriously on both (perhaps Beta before Public Test, or vice versa, depending) before getting released.

I think the biggest mistake they made, and I'm not sure when they knew about the re-structuring, was trying to release an ambitious expac while simultaneously getting the teams divided up into different sub-studios. That can't have helped anything. :-/

Uwk
    who's been through similar messes in RL companies...it's VERY distracting
    Juraiya, Siren, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute...the Bookworm stopped selling ALL recipes, or just the max level ones...? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: don't the devs realize that the folks on Public Test NEED SUCH THINGS because our economy is NOT the same as Live? Isn't that why we can't transfer off from Public Test (or indeed, transfer TO it, but that last one always puzzled the hell out of me), because of our "advantages"? :mad:
    Juraiya, Breanna, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  20. Prox Well-Known Member

The expansion could have been perfect ......some people would still have found something to complain about. That is how they are. Is it perfect? No it isn't . Have they and are they trying to make it better? Yes they are.
    2/3 of what is being posted here is not constructive and just leads me to the conclusion , a vast majority of people only come to this forum to pick things apart , be rude and disrespectful . Some of the folks I have looked , they dont have a single positive post. Going all the way back to their first post. Such a sad life to only be able to be negative.

Not sure why some of you play, I often wonder if you do play or just come to the forums and complain.

Thank you to the Devs for doing your thing, even in the face of disrespect and under appreciation.

Some of us appreciate you and all you hard work!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.