Animations?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nemzo, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nemzo Guest

ello all,

Just wondering if we get any eye candy animations post lvl 22 (which i am atm) So far i think i have a grand total of 2 different animations :( nodes etc. I know im just touching the tip of the iceberg but still wondering if theres anything in store for me :)

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

Dunno, but they changed far too many of our songs to the sing animation when the game went live and of them, I hate the bright blue light that lags me =p
  3. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

No our animations, and fluff spells suck hard.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

No way, dark elf illusion is infinitely useful when you're already a dark elf to start with!

Really though, our "fun" spells are missing the "fun" part, and our animations are pretty flat and boring. Although I must say, it seems they took out a lot of the animations from many classes at the end of beta / transition to live. Brawlers seem to have the most unique animations but others are kinda boring.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nemzo Guest

You saying that every animation we get after 23 is either: the song animation; blue sparkles....the orange nodes, the green nodes, the yellow nodes...lol thats it, only SLIGHTLY different one is Crypts with its flow of nodes passing onto your partymembers, which looks pretty nice. But if thatys the only thing were gonna get right up to lvl 50 thats very, very dissapointing.

Still love the utilty of the dirge, having lots of fun with mine, but I can tell you the animations do not contribute to that what so-ever.
    Personally I care a great deal about how everything looks, since that is what its all about. This is just lazy what theyve done with certain classes, and the dirge got hit by the lazy-bat right in the face.

Regards
  6. ARCHIVED-Magik01 Guest

I love bring a dirge too, but I agree that the animations we get suck....they were cool at first, when you didn't no any better, but after getting the same animations over and over again with the better spells....you'd expect some variety, but there is none-completely lame.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

When i first got dirge i sent feedback asking for some darker more dirge like effects as they are not really much different than the bard ones apart from maybe red notes etc. What annoys me most is that only a few have any music with them, its only a short blast of a tune anyway but adds to it alot. yet most of our songs .. including our shrieks are well exactly the same sound, we have one drum sound and a lute sound, both of which are less utilized. Then you hear that enchanter spell go off and it sounds like music ... hmm whats up with that.

I really don't think bards were completely finished, in beta they messed with the animation on spells switching them all about, for instance brias um balad, was a song, rousing tune was a lute and mercilous melody was drums, then one update it changed. Then once live most are just the sing emote, which looks far too happy for a dirge and glowing bright blue light with a generic sound.. yet the engine for graphics and sound has so much portential for this classes songs.
    imo drums should be rythems or anthems cacaphonies etc, lute or even better another instrument animation also for tunes melodies, balads etc should be the song emote effect and then shrieks and screams should be different again, or at least have a different sound.
    I wish the shriek effect was also similar to the fighter taunt effect or whatever it is, with flames effects around the mobs head, not this yellow nuke effect or just another shower of red notes we have got so far.

Message Edited by Jziad on 02-02-2005 03:50 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 02-02-2005 03:55 AM