And the rant goes on

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wolff, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Wolff New Member

So I took some time away from EQ2 to do some research....
    Downloaded 6 RPGs
    WoW 2004 new xpac 2016.....easily playable even though I dont meet min req. ( hate the game FYI)
    LoL...No Issues
    Guild Wars 2 2013 new xpac 2015...no issues
    Tera 2011...No issues
    Neverwinter 2013...no issues
    And Archeage 2013....Ummmmm NO ISSUES! (stunning visually)
    come back to EQ2 2004 new xpac 2016.....ISSUES
    So apparently EQ2 is soooooo cutting edge all the new games are behind them!?!?
    Here's the thing. I WANT to play EQ2 but Daybreak just cant seem to figure out how to run it. At least not the right way.
    AAAAND yes Im aware this post will get deleted too just like the last one, True Story, and YES Im aware Ill hear Im lucky Daybreak keeps it going because "They dont have the staff to even run it" actual quote BTW.
    The truth is Daybreak is failing, The game is failing in epic fashion and its unfortunate that an MMO of this calibre has fallen to such lows. So again I beg daybreak to let this game either go to a company that will treat it and its fan base with the respect it deserves or let it die.
    Seriously you are not the (right) company to run this game that much is obvious so, to use your countries language, "lets Make MMOs great again!"
    Post your anti Wolff and pro Db quips away more and more people are seeing the truth.
    Forget the facts on this forum just google some of their press

www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/32u1yy/the_anticonsumer_shenanigans_of_daybreak_games/?st=izbyjmnc&sh=b6afbc39

http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/21/ex-daybreak-president-john-smedley-starts-his-own-company/

http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/anot...try-as-daybreak-games-cancels-everquest-next/

https://www.landmarkthegame.com/news/important-news-about-landmark-2017

Landmark was supposed to stay, EQN was supposed to happen but they are not. Yes most of this is old news but if you read it you will find that the issue relevant.
    I would also like to add that all of the MMOs I Downloaded and tried HAD customer support in game or online that was interactive and helpful, very UNLIKE Daybreak. Maybe its time to get back to basics and make the consumer your priority.
    Wolff
    Ronjah likes this.
  2. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

"Supposed to". How new are you to gaming? Games get canceled all the time. Heck you linked to John Smedley leaving to found a new company and a new game, that new company and new game is already gone and never happening. They closed down http://www.pcgamer.com/john-smedleys-heros-song-cancelled-pixelmage-games-shut-down/ .

I don't deny the issues with EQ2, this is the only game where I have severe technical issues. I just curious on the above part.
  3. Wolff New Member

Im not new played eq from damn near launch (yes Im old as #^@*) lol. Im making a point and yes as I said some of those are old but they lead to a larger issue. What Im trying to impart here is a fundamental break down on how an MMO should be run. EQ2 has Tech issues and they play it off as User issues which is a horrendous act that they get away with
    . As far as "supposed to" im looking at what they say vs what they do.
    The truth is many MMOs are now player driven and look to players to support their games i.e. Pantheon ( which looks awesome) but I digress,point is DB doesnt listen to the fans but ignore them on issues. they are the only company I have have dealt with where I wait 24 hrs min to get a response, most others have online, phone or in game support and Ill tell you that makes them much more appealing to a consumer. DB seems to think that they can hold a fan base by simply ignoring them and I have issues with that.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Considering it was EQ2 files I messed with to get rid of a lot of my crashes (was how the game was caching the files), I agree its not user issues. Gets super annoying.

When you work on a game, you get super excited, I know the feeling. When everything looking ahead is all sunshine and rainbows, yes they will get excited and say the game is definitely coming and its going to be awesome. It is 100% truth to them when they say that. But the company went through a lot of unforseen changes since then, so you can't really blame everything that has happened. I am curious how much is actually on Columbus Nova, the owners of Daybreak Games, and not DBG themselves. But I rarely see people questioning the owners, only the developers.....
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

You pretty much answered your own question. Look at the release dates. The one exception, WoW, is easily explained by the almost limitless amount of funding their team gets.

Yes it'd be awesome if EQ2 got that kind of funding and care. But it's not going to happen.
    Snikkety and ShaggyBodom like this.
  6. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Very true, I didn't even think of looking at the dates. Thinking now on other MMOs that are near EQ2's age, and most are long dead and buried or barely alive anymore. Think we should just be thankful EQ2 is still here for what it is.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Back in the day, yes I am old, we had volunteer support in UO. We had blue robes and red robes, one got paid, the other didn't. We as volunteers could fix minor issues like characters stuck, etc, and run small events. Those that got paid had "God" powers and could do almost anything as far as support issues, if they couldn't fix it, a developer was required. A developer was the overseer of both blue robes and red robes, and customers were satisfied more than 95% of the time. Daybreak needs to seriously consider implementing the same type of program.

Cyrrena
    babettelabete likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

That's basically how EQ/EQ2 has been set up the whole time. We have GMs (or CSRs now) who have the godlike powers in game. Guides are the volunteers who run events and who used to have special powers to help with basic problems (and in EQ1 guides used to have access to a basic ticketing system to answer petitions).

The problem is guides lost all their powers, they just run roleplay events now. And the number of GMs was cut drastically over time, to the point where none of them spend any time in game anymore.
    babettelabete likes this.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

SoE was always considered by many to be one of the worst in the industry at customer communications. Customer service was better. Today Daybreak is at least as bad at communicating and service has gone into the crapper. One gets the impression that they are being starved by new management and the goal is to maintain the game at minimum cost. Not totally unreasonable given the age of the game and the size of the player base. One also gets the impression that new management doesn't see much future in PC or largely PC games. RIP Landmark and Next. It is all mobile devices to them. Maybe all the development is going there. Not the fault of the people stuck in Daybreak I suspect, they are victims too.
  10. Raquelle New Member

Their focus is cash. Daybreak isn't a development company. They're an investment company. They buy games, and then do what companies like Bain capital do: they cut costs, slash services, focus on core revenue opportunities, and milk all the cash out of it that they can for as long as customers will stay with it. This is why support went by the wayside, and other cool features like LoN, new unique items for live events, and the annual Fan Faire went by the wayside. Not enough ROI. They want to keep customers, yes, but they won't spend more than a specific amount to do so. When another game that comes out that trumps what EQ2 has to offer, they'll lose customers, and they'll be ok with that, because they'll just close it down and buy another title to replace it. Just the way business goes.
    babettelabete, Meneltel and Tekka like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was in the guide program in EQ. And I was still there when they stripped our small powers.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

But we are talking volunteers to provide minimum support services. I would offer my services in a heartbeat, I have done it before and would do it again so that paid employees could focus on the larger issues.
  13. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I think being a guide would be so much fun. I wouldn't be able to do event stuff because I suck at that, but just helping is something I love doing and would gladly volunteer time to it. I think I tried applying to it a very long time ago but if I remember right you needed lots of lore knowledge, which I didn't (and still don't) have. Sooooo in the end I probably would never get called up :p
  14. Raquelle New Member

You have to manage volunteers. That takes someone with training and knowledge, and I doubt they'll work for free. Each manager can only manage so many, and they're apparently at the max they're willing to pay for now.