Ancient Spell price

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Magic Missiles, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Charging 10 Million platinum for ancient spells is a spectacular way to reward the botters and plat scammers and screw the honest players. :mad:
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't buy them. Raid and earn them like everyone else. I don't even know why they put these on any vendor.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

So people buy krono's to sell to the SLR'ers and botters.
  4. wiouxev2 Active Member

On the contrary, costing 10m may allow those botters to buy them but it takes that much plat out of circulation.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

but we cant earn em , only 4 are dropping . they put all of em on this vendor
    as much as id like to get my pet ancient the 10mil asking price is just to high
    OH and looking at eq2wire it seems an entire 4 spells has been discovered , so thats 40million out of the system
    if they where a reasonable price the market would really feel the plat being taken out of the sytem.
  6. Ashandra Well-Known Member

If I have 10 mill dirty plat and sell the ancient on the broker for 3 mill will it make it clean again? :)
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Because of course the game revolves around raiders.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

At the very upper end of the game? Yes, it does. The rest of it? No, it doesn't. Ancient level spells are definitely in the realm of the former.
  9. Banana Tree Member

Not a very thoughtful answer "dude".
    Do they drop in raids regularly? Yeah right, didn't think so.
    Of course if the item is a huge upgrade everyone will wan it, and that astronomical he price makes it so that only a very very few will be able to buy them. Raiders do not have millions of plat from raiding, and at this insane price only the plat dupers and botters will be able to afford the ancients. Seems a great way for DBG to reward the scammers, and also to encourage more to cross that line. RIP EQ2
  10. Xsarinx Member

I suggested when I first saw the outrageous 10m plat price for Daybreak to rethink its position on the Ancient spells. If they wanted people to earn - then make them 100m status points (something that through hard work can eventually be achieved) and asks the player base to make a wise choice in deciding which Ancient spell to purchase. I still think this is a better way to afford a player (raider or non-raider) the chance to upgrade a grandmastered spell.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

They don't want you to earn them, they would like you to use real money to buy them.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

Can you atleast make the new ancients you added to the game by this vendor dropable?
  13. Tajar Well-Known Member

I don't know why everyone thinks raiders are loaded lol. I've only been in one that gave a regular plat split, and it was like 5k each or something. Hardly game breaking.
  14. Magic Missiles Active Member

I did not understand that at all either. Not at all. The 'Dude' has imbibed too much perhaps...
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Tell me where I said that raiders are rich.
  16. Dithmir Active Member

You dont need ancients... its a plat sink, you can live without them even at the highest level of the game
    Dude likes this.