Ancient Cyclops,...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Regarding the Southern Desert of Ro Chrono-Portal,...
    Since the ranger has to die first by the Terrorantula, and since the Cyclops has to die LAST by the visiting player's hand, would it not make more sense to:

1. Have the Terrorantula spawn on top of the ranger, and lock agro to him until he dies.
    2. NOT have the Cyclops spawn ON TOP of the visiting player, but on the warrior or just some random generic adventurer there?

I have lost count of how many times the sequence went awry, everything was dead, and not chest dropped.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

When the AC spawns on top of me, I run the other way and attack the spider. Sometimes I can kill the spider then the AC by doing this; other times the spider is down to 0% health and won't die. When that happens, I exit the zone and immediately re-enter. I've had no issues killing the spider first when I do this, and have always (so far, at least!) gotten a chest.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

I didn't know the ranger had to die. I've just been fighting the spider and when it dies my merc usually has killed the cyclops before I get over to it. Next time I'll have to see if the spider is killing the ranger before I kill the spider.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ranger normally runs over to spider as soon as it spawns, then the spider starts attacking me, ignoring ranger all while the cyclops continues its aggression on me; i have waited great lengths of time waiting for the 8% health ranger to die.
    The spider auto-resurrects if attacked again, but immediately dies and does not kill ranger.
    i have even tried using just Strike of Consistency for a tiny tiny attack, no dice.
    it does not always happen, but when it does, no chest.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Happened again.
    Cyclops spawned on top of me.
    Spider agro'd me instead of ranger,
    "a ranger" remained at ~10% health and never died.
    Could not do too little amount of damage to spider to auto-rez before it died again.

Why not impose the damage limiters like they have in the recent Public Quests on the named in these Chrono Portals?
  6. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I am having the same exact issue... did you ever figure it out?
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

meh.
    I am unsure if anything was changed, per se, but this year, the Cyclops still arrives on top of me; but i make it a point to focus on Terrantula, while waiting for the Cyclops to step on and smoosh into the ground the ranger,.. which so far this year, seems to work.
    Ranger dies, then Cyclops can be killed directly; everything seems to work as intended.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I usually /dance next to the ranger, then when AC spawns, I run a full circle around the zone (without attacking anything), which leaves time for Terrorantula to spawn, kill whatever is supposed to attack her, get the zone shout about not training her, at which point I one-shot Terrorantula then one-shot the AC. Still haven't broken the system that way.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Thank you! That worked like a charm, Whilhelmina. Cheers!
    Kaitheel likes this.