Anchorage NPC quests - 3 left

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by KingDragon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. KingDragon Active Member

I've been enjoying the Achorage Public Tradeskill quests. I try to 4-8 of them daily, and today I noticed that Bondrin Steelfist is no longer offering quests period, He's apparently out of things to research. The other three quest givers, are currently on their last visible research item.

I checked a few pages worth of posts but I'm not seeing this question posed, and I don't see anything publicly stated like patch notes or letters stating any of the below yet:

Was there intent to add more stuff to research?
    How is one to gain anchorage Chit with no quests?
    Is there some new set of items queued waiting on the other 3 to complete their current inventory of research?

I mean if the zone is going DEAD after all 4 NPC's complete their current research, then I suppose at least I can stop getting student patterns and RED text for Limited Potions of Progresses (an item that shouldn't be in the loot table, but rather on sale on the merchants for chit.....), but I will miss the extra status quests I can run all at once, while I'm out doing outdoor named/Doctor/Daily TS quests.

I have other toons on other accounts I eventually need to get the 25 and 100 quest completion achievement on, I've only got 6 through it right now.

Thanks for reading!
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

It was announced elsewhere that once all four finish their research, there will be a quest offered by Whilhelm Nam'terin, so you will always be able to get chits, even when they have no new items to research. I can't remember if that was posted on Discord, or another forum post. I'll look for it.
    Gninja, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Denmother's write-up
    Cyrrena, Breanna, KingDragon and 2 others like this.
  4. KingDragon Active Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't use discord. I'll go search on eq2.eqtraders for denmothers article. Again thank you!
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

I've done more than 2000 times the Anchorge quests and I'm still looking for the status pattern, which I would believe is missing from game if some friends has not confirm it actually drop in those quests. So hopefully we will be able to buy those patterns.

They should probably also do something for the patterns currently only looting in mischief raid, as even those who actually do this raid zone (mostly bots) never drop them.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Heccie Thump Member

I got an Academic Status Hackamore pattern drop in a solo instance yesterday. Only other one I saw was an Elysian pattern in a raid, not in Mischief zone though.
  7. Faeonara Well-Known Member

As per Den Mom's page
    August 07, 2019 - Signs of Life

I know I have been quiet lately, but I have been trying to recharge my energy a bit before the fall rush (expansion stuff, holiday stuff, etc.) hits. Here are a couple quick updates for you, though:

1. The Days of Summer panda should be offering something new starting on August 27 (as per Kander on Discord). There will also be a game update that day.
    2. Servers are starting to hit the tail end of the Anchorage research (Thurgadin has finished with Bondrin, who had 1 less recipe to research than the others, and the others are on their final research), so this is a good time to remind folks that once all 4 researchers are done there will only be a single quest offered by Whilhelm every 45 minutes or so. (This was the original timing mentioned to us, and mentioned in my write-up. As far as I know, this will still be the timing when he unlocks after the final research is all done.)
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Xianthia like this.