Anashti Sul

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-SnowKnight, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

Is there a website that has lore on this char?
    From what I can work out she brought undeath to norrath (silent city etc), was banished to the void for it by the other gods, that rodcet guy took over the plane of growth from her, her followers were hunted down.
    Once she was defeated in the void, it allowed her to return to norrath. She seeks to reclaim the plane of growth from rodcet nife.
    Basically what is she up to nowadays? How do the other gods regard her? Any info would be nice, as I really like her lore so far and would like to find out more.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

SnowKnight wrote:
    Health, not Growth. Growth is Tunare's.

Her bringing undeath to Norrath was an accident. IIRC, she was trying to give her followers eternal life, but uhh.. didn't quite go according to plan, it would seem.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

SnowKnight wrote:
    That's the jist of it. She seemed to work with Varsoon and perhaps Munzok to destroy Norrath, but her death in the Void (and her subsequent rebirth on Norrath) has altered her plans. She still commands a sizeable army of Shadowed Men and Void Beasts.
    Anashti Sul is aware of the entire parthenon of gods, although Bertoxxulous is new to her (he seems to be the new god of disease as well). She regards Rodcet Nife as her enemy, although Rodcet Nife probably isn't quite aware of her plans (Rodcet is too occupied fighting Bertoxxulous and his forces of Disease).
    It's quite likely that every god and goddess considers her an enemy. However it's my belief that, because of her ties with the Shadowed Men, Anashti Sul and Solusek Ro are destined to become enemies one day (if they aren't already). A conflict between her and Rodcet Nife is also inevitable.
    Innoruuk may have exploited the Ewer of Sul'Dae to his own ends after Anashti Sul's banishment; in fact the Tier'Dal of Neriak reclaimed the Ewer of Sul'Dae as their own after its destruction. It's likely other gods and races did similar things with artifacts of hers.
    All the lore behind her is contained in her Deity quest line, the Shadow Odyssey quest line, and the Peacock quest line. I'm not certain but there may be lore behind her doing Rodcet Nife's quest line .
    On a related note, shortly before Rodcet Nife returned to Norrath, his chosen Prophet, Seeress Ealaynya Ithis, was assassinated by Plumetor Dul'Sadma, Anashti Sul's chosen Prophet. These events took place during the summer of 2008 shortly before The Shadow Odyssey expansion released, and we were sent to investigate. I believe Bertoxxulous's Prophet, Hrath Everstill (or at least another follower of Bertoxxulous), took an interest in the situation as well, as anything to disrupt Rodcet Nife is seen as good in the eyes of the god of disease.
  4. ARCHIVED-InKubus Guest

Are the shadow men definately anashti sul's? i am just wondering as they would be more appropriate to luclin
    would love to read the lore on that if you can post me any snippits
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Liched@Runnyeye wrote:
    Shadow Men are among citizens of The Void, and basically movers behind the sceans in Certain areas of Norrath. Anashti being a major power in The Void prior to her defeat has a large number of Void Creature followers. Though not all void activity, is atributable to her, another Power that was Tossed into the void was Theer, the god slayer, avatar of the Nameless, who was the original owner of both the Qeynos Claymore and Soulfire... and you might want to do the prelude quests that just went live to find out a little more about them...
    BTW, Theer comming back = Bad for everyone...or atleast the gods.
  6. ARCHIVED-InKubus Guest

so the shadowmen are not specifically attributed to anashti, just more are following her will?
    where can I find these prelude quests? I've done the claymore and soulfire one but am more interested in the history of the shadowmen, not sure if there is anything else!
    thanks for the reply
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Liched@Runnyeye wrote:
    The ones who follow Anashti Sul are only a single faction out of all the shadowmen, even though their ultimate goal is still the complete obliteration of Norrath's existance no matter who they follow.
  8. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Thanks, yes I did the diety quests but not the peacock line and what quests specifically in TSO? The quest chain titled the shadow odeyssey? Also would the peacock line be soloable by an 80 sk? I ask because being aussie I do not play at peak us times so finding a group is a pain to say the least, especially for esoteric quests such as that.

I did notice in the dialogue with her avatar, she mentioned a "Xul'Varien" who given the context of the speech one would assume to be the previous god of disease/pestilience. What is her history with this diety? Also during the diety chain, the dark elf from the dark bargainers mention that the ewer has brought them nothing but trouble, but does not expound on this. What precisely does he mean by that? Given that the ewer gives the gift of immortality (undeath) to whoever drinks from it, what does that mean for the dark bargainers?
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

SnowKnight wrote:
    The Peacock quest line is mostly soloable by an 80 SK. And yes I'm referring to the quests entitled "The Shadow Odyssey".
    It's unknown what Anashti Sul's history with Xul'Varien is, although one can assume they may have been enemies prior to her banishment into the void (as Anashti Sul was the goddess of Health).
    Drinking from the Ewer of Sul'Dae grants immortality...in the form of Vampirism it seems.
  10. ARCHIVED-DukeOccam Guest

What is the difference, if any, between these shadowed men from the Void and the shadowmen in EQ1 (such as in LFay, Commonlands, etc.)?
  11. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Caethas@Permafrost wrote:
    To my knowledge they were the same as we have now, just the lore might not have been written (or at least announced).
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Caethas@Permafrost wrote:
    As far as I can tell, they're one and the same.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    They are. The shadowmen were trapped on Norrath 500 years ago, and weren't able to take a visible form, and were not a threat back then. The mages of Solusek Ro in Lavastorm knew who the Shadowmen were, and kept them in check.
    500 years later, the Shadowmen have established a stronger bond with Norrath. Now that they have physical anchors connecting them to the void, they take on a more visible form and represent a much larger threat to us.
  14. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Hmm, vampirism is form of undeath it is true. But doing the diety quest, where you give the rodcet nife guys the"gift of immortality" they seem to turn into zombies rather than vampires. They even have the same animation as the necromancer zombie pet from the low 20s.
    So which is it.. vampires or your regular run of the mill zombie undead. Some clarification on this point would be nice XD
  15. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Anashti Sul certainly has the ability to bring people back from the dead, as well as grant them everlasting life in the form of zombies.
    Perhaps there is some unknown process that the dark elves used, or even perhaps Innoruuk used, to allow the drinkers of the Ewer to live on as vampires instead of zombies. You'll notice that vampires roam Neriak, and the only zombies are the ones summoned as necromancer minions.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

All signs indicate that the ewer does both - raises zombies and converts to vampires. I suspect some of it has to do with with whether the person getting the water is alive or not. Except that the undead in the Silent City are mummy types, and they were supposed to have been alive, weren't they? So maybe it has to do with the race of the person receiving the water. Or the personal strength/mental fortitude.
  17. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    Or it could have more to do with the process of how you got the water from the Ewer. The Pheonix King used the aquaduct system to deliver the waters of the ewer to his people. The Ydal collection items indicate that Innorrukk mixxed the waters of the Ewer and his own blood to create vampires. We're not sure exactly what the Teir'dal did when they created vampires, but they probably used living subjects and water directly from the Ewer. Who knows, maybe they even filled the Ewer with Teir'dal blood? Maybe even used the blood from one of Mayong's captured servants/spies?
    From one point Anashti'Sul succeeded. The Undead are dead, but immortal. It is a failure in that it isn't healthy, or truely life. I assume Rodcet would wish to avoid creating a new form of Undeath, but he shares Anashti's former goal. Considering that he abores disease, I doubt he would be satisfied with any form of immortality that leads to the immortals living a paracidic form of life, feeding on other being's life force to remain alive. Only time will tell.
  18. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

Few things:
    Rodcet Nife is becoming aware of Anashti'Sul's presence on Norrath. The deity questline demonstrated this.
    Anashti's followers are simply a faction of the Shadowed Men and Varsoon followed her as well - purposefully or forced.
    Other beings like Munzok and "newer" anchors (Kurn's Tower and Munzok's Bastion) belong to Theer, not Anashti. We'll likely learn more about Theer's faction with the expansion.
    As mentioned, Anashti had been restored to Norrath after her defeat in the Void. She was intending to escape, just not in the way she expected to. Also she forced Theer to accelerate his plans with her premature actions of late. He's not going to be pleased with her.
    Anashti's Ewer has been restored to Fountain of Life in Silent City after being broken in the Fountain few years ago. Then was repaired in Neriak by certain dark elves. It is capable of doing various things to different beings or races - mostly a state of undeath of some kind.
  19. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

Coniaric wrote:
    Speaking of varsoon, what is the significance of the cup in this story : http://www.lorelibrary.com/?page=book&bid=234
    Perhaps some sort of relic gifted to him by anashti sul, or a relic of hers that he found? In the diety quests the gift of immortality seems to also brainwash the zombies into following her.
    Also, I was under the impression that Theer and Anashti were allies of a sort?
  20. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

SnowKnight wrote:
    Aye Varsoon's cup is mentioned a few times from when he finally learned to open small rifts to pass through different planes. Described as an Ivory cup with letters of an unknown language along its lip, and after all he had accomplished he called the cup his greatest discovery.
    I was very...... disapointed when after killing Varsoon in Palace of Ferzhul, no cup dropped for at least a small fluff quest or usable item/weapon.