An Update May Be In Progress ....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Livejazz, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elinea Well-Known Member

I used:

69.16.175.10 eq2.patch.station.sony.com

(Notice the sony address still works)
    I can use the launch pad now, but it's really weird that the station.sony.com address is still working.

edit: you may also have to ping from a command prompt to get the correct IP address. The one I got on the ping was different from what other folks were posting.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

thanks feldon that worked.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Cathbad New Member

Ok, it's been several hours and this is geting old and Daybroken has not said a word, What The Frak???? Are you working for EVEonline??/ want me to go back to mining blue ice .. good lord do you want to doom me to eternal boredom???
  4. Cathbad New Member

and no I am not going into the game files and doing all kinds of crazy **** just to play a frakking game
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Cathbad New Member

Dear Daybreak, we all know you are not making money off of EQ2, but we all have been playing it for over 12 years and love it, please refrain form frakking up the game to please your shareholders, we do not appreciate it
  6. xpsync Active Member

Unbelievable... oh wait, Believable forgot who we are giving our money too, that's the Unbelievable part, that we do.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Daybreak made the change at their end. At this point, your problem is with your ISP for caching DNS entries for 72 hours.
    • Should Daybreak have allowed this to happen? No.
    • Is there anything they can do about it now? No.
    • Will something like this happen again? Probably. All domain renewals for Daybreak websites are still going to mis@station.sony.com.
    By the way switching to GoogleDNS or OpenDNS is not "crazy ****". It is something many many people have done just to have a more reliable, faster internet on their home computer. You won't regret it.
    Lucus, Meneltel, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  8. RadarX Community Manager

I'm going to close this because we have a thread in Support for it. The issue has been resolved here but DNS servers can take time to update based on your ISP. Obviously we appreciate everyone's patience during this unfortunate issue.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.