An Idea for discussion

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mappam, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

[p]I guess I just never thought about it before - that once you reach lvl 70 in a tradeskill you are DONE. Period.[/p][p]There is Nowhere else to Go or Anything new to Do. Yes you can continue to make the items that are in your speciality for friends, guildmates or for sale - but there is Nothing New To Learn.[/p][p]I was thinking (no smart comments) that What If = once you reached level 70 in one of the tradeskills - you could then Start to learn another one. Yes - Start from Scratch.[/p][p]It would mean getting the low level raw materials again. It would mean having to level the same way you did with your original craft. But it would be a way to continue to Grow in crafting. It would be a way for this level 70 crafter to learn something completely new.[/p][p]There could be Twists to this - maybe you would have to only choose from one of the two that you didn't do before - so if you were an outfitter you would now have to choose scribe or woodworking etc. You could not choose something from outfitting again.[/p][p]This would allow you to have 3 and only 3 tradeskills.[/p][p]Or if you were an outfitter and learned tailor you would now Have to still be an outfitter but choose one of the other two from the same speciality.[/p][p]What I am saying is that it doesn't need to be an open ended - never ending - cycle of learning Everything. OR it Could be that it never ends until you have mastered each and every one of the different crafts.[/p][p]I have a level 35 carpenter and my character is only a level 26 zerker - so my crafting is going Faster than my adventuring - What am I going to craft once I reach level 70. What are my challanges going to be? This would be something to look forward to for the players that really LIKE to craft.[/p][p]Any comments or replies (no flames please - if you do not like this idea - do not comment) or other ideas that could build on this could be an interesting discussion.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

[p]Sounds kind of like transmuting... :p[/p][p] [/p][p]Seriously though it would be nice if they put some more depth into crafting.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Kamarile Guest

[p]I would really love to see an AA equivalent for crafters. There are all sorts of things you could do with them - from dying to improving stats, perhaps allowing you to move stat points around a little, or adding procs...[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-rejester45 Guest

[p] AA lines for crafters would be great. Would also like to see the ability to imbue all weapons with the different types of damage procs, like whats done with wands.[/p][p]Amud 39brig/64alchemist[/p][p]Teace 26assassin/52woodworker[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p]Although you can't get the satisfaction of gaining exp while crafting at the cap, you can still make stuff for sale which advances your bank. Although all my crafters make money to some extent, the ones in T6/7 have the biggest margin, although they don't sell goods as fast as say, T2/3.[/p][p]I'm not really sure I'm with having duel professions for one character. It's just as easy to roll another toon for another crafting profession. You don't even have level their adventure levels. Secondary crafts allow single characters to commit a good deal of time a resources advancing a single character's skills. Even when I get all 9 crafters to the cap, store management and restocking will require a good amount of time. [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Jerril Guest

[p]When my crafters hit 70 I blew a sigh of relief from all the grinding and really started to concentrate on establishing my market and gettting to know my customers.[/p][p]To me, 70 meant a time to switch emphasis from leveling to market forces. I find more joy after I reach 70 and learn to really craft for my customers.[/p][p]Of course-I would be open to more content for 70 crafters. My point is there is still a lot to do IMO after hitting cap. [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Selfea Guest

[p]I think this is a great idea, and it's not unheard of. The EQ1 system allowed one character to max out ALL tradeskills, so it's not a completely new-never-seen-before-can't-be-done idea. The other thing I miss is the ability to craft Master trophies or something. It would be great if when you reach level 70 (or even when you reach any x0 level) you could craft something special which could either be a tradeskill stat-focussed item/armor or a house item.[/p][p]But as for the OP suggestion, being able to level up skills in the Outfitter/Craftsman/etc lines would be awesome. It could either be 'only once you hit level 70' or it could even be allowed earlier.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p]Selfea wrote:[/p][p]I think this is a great idea, and it's not unheard of. The EQ1 system allowed one character to max out ALL tradeskills, so it's not a completely new-never-seen-before-can't-be-done idea. The other thing I miss is the ability to craft Master trophies or something. It would be great if when you reach level 70 (or even when you reach any x0 level) you could craft something special which could either be a tradeskill stat-focussed item/armor or a house item.[/p][p]Master trophies would be a really cool addition. I remember making my trophy in EQ and it was quite an accomplishment. You could fail though. I think the EQ one was an adventuring item though or the charisma helped me as an enchanter. It would be better to have a crafting item in EQ2.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Looker1010 Guest

And how would your plan work for players like me who have ALL the tradeskills already active and working?
  10. ARCHIVED-Krystara Guest

[p]This is a really interesting idea, but I can that someone who has many tradeskill alts going already being a little upset. I know that when I hit level 70, I'm planning on celebrating with a big party and then will get to work on many more writs and baking for selling at all tiers. [/p][p]I won't know until I get there if I'll be bored or not.[/p]