Amphitheater of Song

Discussion in 'Quest Discussion' started by Cronyn, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Cronyn Developer

Welcome to Planes of Prophecy Beta!

There are some new quests in the Amphitheater of Song! Please run through them and leave any feedback or issues in this thread.

When you are describing an issue, be sure to include:
    Quest name
    Quest giver's name
    Quest journal text

That will help ensure that the issue will be examined and tended to by the appropriate developer, as soon as possible! Thank you!
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest name: (none yet)
    Quest giver: Kiteenan

In the dialogue leading up to the first quest from Kiteenan, he says "However, you'll need to find a kiln to seal it in - something with magical energies of it's own." - Should be "its" (no apostrophe).
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Ghost's Lost Score
    NPC: Kiteenan
    Step: Collect a sphinx feather from Pakiat Bluffs

Not super important, but the feather felt a bit small (especially for a big old sphinx) and was tricky to find, as it didn't render until I was pretty close. Maybe make it a bit bigger or add some sparkles like were on the trees (those were awesome, by the way)?
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest name: (none yet - dialogue leading to Ghost's Lost Score)
    Quest giver: Kiteenan

Kiteenan says "But you'll need to seal it in a fount - an upwelling the energies found in that scarred place." - I'm guessing it should be "an upwelling of the energies" (missing the word "of").

(Sorry for this one being out of order, just noticed it as I was going back in my chat to check where to find the aetherwell. <grin> )
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Step: Return the components to Kiteenan

Kiteenan says "The music in my head will come to live on the paper." - Not sure if it's a typo and he means "will come to life on the paper" (or if it's not a typo and he means the music will end up living on the paper, which is valid but feels awkward).
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Turn Loose the Ignus
    Quest giver: A pealing ingus (sic)
    NPC: Atlyta
    Step: Find someone who might understand the pealing ignus

Both "ingus" and "ignus" are being used; for instance, the name of the NPC quest giver ("A pealing ingus") and in quest text (Atlyta says "...especially the hum of the ingus that call this home" and "...the ingus spend a good deal of time near those").
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Turn Loose the Ignus
    Quest giver: A pealing ingus (sic)
    NPC: Atlyta
    Step: Find someone who might understand the pealing ignus

Atlyta says "It will adapt to resonant sounds, and make them audable to us." - Should be "audible".
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If you click on the pealing ignus after completing "Turn Loose the Ignus", it still goes through the first few bits of the initial quest text (it plings and plinks, I say it's not quite like its fellows, it PLINGPLONKS, and I say that maybe someone here knows what's going on).
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: leading up to "Why Don't the Ayriegales Sing"
    NPC: Jansell

An awkward question/response:

I say "Where do you see the ayriegales at here?"
    Jansell: "Sure, generally wherever there are trees."

I feel like it should be "Where do you see ayriegales here?" (no "at") and "Generally wherever there are trees." (no "Sure").

Also a typo in that same exchange: Jansell says "Out in the Stratafold, in Estoerra Gardens, maybe out in Pakiat Bluffs" - Should be "Esoterra"
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Why Don't the Ayriegales Sing"
    Quest giver: Jansell
    NPC: Khiturfu

Khiturfu says "The memories of our kind is long enough that it might well be eternal" - Should either be "The memory of our kind is..." (singular "memory" to match the rest of the sentence) or "The memories of our kind are long enough that they might well be" (changing the second half to match the plural "memories").

Another "ingus" (rather than "ignus"): I say to Khiturfu, "Hmm... the ingus there, perhaps?"

Khiturfu: "There is merit in it's idea." - Should be "its" (no apostrophe).
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

By the way, this is a very cool quest line...it's unique and very compelling, I'm really liking the story.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Why Don't the Ayriegales Sing
    Quest giver: Jansell

Typo in the quest reward window: "The Plane of Magic once more can hear a song lost thought lost." - Should be "...long thought lost."

Jansell also goes through the introductory quest dialogue again if you talk to her after completing her quest (see similar report about the pealing ignus, above).
  13. Elowith Active Member

The pulp needs to be pressed under the foot....

Am able to 'place' the pulp which the very slow sand guy eventually walks over, but is not updating quest. Did yesterday.
  14. Wreakinn Member

Shmogre - thank you for taking the time to help debug these. The little spelling mistakes are annoying to look at, and I appreciate your efforts (not sarcasm).
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thank you, Wreakinn...that's much appreciated, thank you for saying it.

It's a cool little quest line, isn't it? I really like it.
  16. Wimble Active Member

+1 same experience here.
  17. Nero Active Member

you have to keep placing it. if you notice it disappears after like 30 seconds.

make sure you palace it when he is 20-25 meters away as it updates before he actually gets there.
  18. Wimble Active Member

TY yes I noticed the disappreance and had replaced it a few times, but will have another go
  19. Cronyn Developer

Afternoon, folks!

Okay so, Shmogre - can't thank you enough for your help here. I went through your feedback, and corrected the grammar and typo issues you found. Thanks for being thorough with the dialog, that really helps. :) I *believe* I got them all, but if anyone else sees them once the patch note goes up, let me know and I'll make another sweep.

The flute for Esper in the Deep Dark Forest should work properly now. I found out what was breaking it for you guys, and it should be functioning properly in all instances. Let me know if it's still not working.

With regards to the paper needed for Ghost's Lost Score... I'll take a look at it. I mean, it works properly, but looking at the feedback, I don't think it functions as intuitively as it needs to. I think some messaging will help, but maybe there's a way to structure that functionality in a cleaner way that doesn't lead to confusion. I'll talk to some of the other designers and look for some ideas.

All right, let me know if you guys see anything more, and I'll get on it. Thanks again, you all rule. :)
  20. Elowith Active Member

Quest: Why don't the ayriegales sing

It appears once these are 'marked' by a player, they remain unusuable for others to update the quest. Arriving late in the day, there are none which can update the quest.