Ammo Slot - Fragment

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Guiscard, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

My apprentice gave me a Fragment yesterday, and I looked to see what I could make with it. They were all items for the Ammo Slot. My coercer has an ammo slot - is it worthwhile to make him something for his ammo slot? Will it affect his weapons?
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

No, the ammo is only for classes that use ranged weapons that require ammo. Mage ranged weapons don't use or require any type of ammo.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well I know a bunch of mages who have one single arrow in their ammo slot, so what is that all about?
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that there was an arrow that had some stats on it. Saw it mentioned once, but not by name, so I never did find out what arrow my mages should be trying to find :)
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well all of the arrows have stats of one type or another.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

I read about these 2 arrows on another web site:

gleaming emerald arrow \aITEM -397302178 1270168632 0 0 0:[gleaming emerald arrow]\/a

+135 slashing
    +3 meters range
    +15% hit bonus

On a ranged hit casts Emerald Strike, 98-163 magic damage

Burning Deathfist Arrow
    \aITEM 302898498 -1471777856 0 0 0:[Burning Deathfist Arrow]\/a

+120 piercing
    +5 meters range
    +15% hit bonus

On a ranged hit casts Burning Tar, 29-36 magic damage

on a recent fight with 148,965,321 total damage:

● The Deathfist Burning Arrow's proc, "Burning Tar", caused 7,337 damage, or 0.005% of my total damage for that fight.

● The Emerald Hall arrow's "Emerald Strike" proc in the same fight would have caused 17,579 damage, or 0.012% of my total damage for that fight.

This was used by a Mage - Is Sigrdrifa around any more - this was her post on another forum
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

A few months ago there was a patch that made it so no arrow abilities proc if there isn't a bow equipped. Equipping -some- arrows used to add a small amount of dps for mages, but no longer.
  8. Guiscard Active Member

I read you can now use the arrow slot for a charm item - is this true?
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I missed that update Mermut, I still keep a gleaming arrow in that slot. Or one of the Temple of Scaleborn quest items. It did used to aid spell weapon dmg if it doesn't any longer.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup, it used to, but no longer.
  11. Malchore Active Member

The fragments allow you to craft ammo of a particular damage type (i.e. Heat/Cold [Elemental], Poison/Disease [Noxious], and Magic/Void [Arcane]) but you can also craft a special item that can be applied to your weapon to change it's damage type. So you could apply (for example) the special item to your long sword and instead of Slashing damage it would do Poison damage. Or, you can craft 4000 arrows that do Poison damage.

You have to research at least one of the "Essence of ..." recipes to get the recipe to craft them.

If you group or raid a lot, these are useful. A lot of classes can debuff a mob's resists. For example, If you're swinging a weapon that can do Heat/Cold damage, then you'll do more damage when the mob is fully Elemental debuffed. At least your autoattack damage will increase. Not sure if Combat Arts have their own damage type or if they use the damage type of the weapon.
  12. Guiscard Active Member

Malchore - thanks for the info. I just got another fragment today. I will check out the recipes to research and see what is best.
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I discoed this scout 4.0 weapon last night on Unrest:

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/471381045

I then had a world wide 1st disco on the "divine" upgrade:

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2191201417

I went with an "arcane" fragment, because I'm a swashbuckler, and I can debuff arcane. I could have put a "void" or "mind" one on, but I already had the "divine" one made. (Traded a guildie for the divine one for the cold/ice frag that I got a few weeks ago.)
    Malchore likes this.