Ammo consumption rates are getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Neiloch, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

So now that I've gotten my MA to be roughly 600 at all times the ammo problem only grows.
    I can't bring myself to use ammo conservation adornments because:
    A. that can be used for adornments that increase DPS
    B. other classes don't have to do anything remotely similar in hopes of improving their quality of gameplay.
    Although I was able to create a sporadic 'endless quiver' by using 2 red ammo conservation adornments. This 30% conservation combined with 10% conservation from AA and the 60% conservation proc from the myth buff would give 100% ammo conservation, if the proc was up.
    So its technically possible and I'm assuming they don't have a problem with it being able to exist (since it can). Problem is red DPS adornments are critical to functioning properly as a DPS class, so while possible its not viable unless you don't care about your DPS.
    I still think a perfectly reasonable compromise is to turn arrows into 'quivers' and make them function like food and drink does. Instead of being based on quantity, base them off time. For example, one handcrafted combine quiver lasts about 30 minutes while a battle warped wood combine lasts roughly 2-3 hours. This keeps crafters in business while lessening the burden on those who use ammo.
    What about ammo conservation effects? - convert all ammo conservation effects so they increase duration instead. the ranger myth buff could be made to be always on rather than a proc.
    What about other types of ammo? - similar conversions can be done for other types of ammo for other ranged weapons. Bag of hammers, bundle of daggers, pack of shurikens, stack of axes, for example.
    And this is all if they don't want to get rid of ammo outright or at least give rangers some sort of 'endless quiver.' So if EQ2 doesn't want to fully catch up with the 21st century when it comes to MMO's and ammo (or even the late 20th century) they can at least compromise and utilize a better system for ammo.
  2. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Ammo is crazy yes.

Actually, they just need to make it so a multi-attack still only uses 1 arrow.

Using 6+ arrows EVERY autoattack is freaking idiotic.
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

that would be really nice as well. Unfortunately i don't think the devs would be too hot on that with all the ammo conservation stats that are around now. Compared to when we regularly only used 1 ammo per shot, would be extremely close to having endless quiver.
    I imagine getting endless quiver or rid of ammo outright wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't a crafting class that depends on ammo almost exclusively for demand.

EDIT: used 3000 arrows tonight during raid. raids are only 3.5 hours and I wasn't even in for every fight. I don't get ANY of my resources to make arrows from other players so I'm not even supporting other crafters with this ridiculous consumption.

EDIT 2: Logged on earlier and saw I still had one ammo conservation red adornment (15%), so I used 3k arrows with a constant 25% ammo conservation, 85% with my myth proc up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

This really needs to happen, yesterday.
    I was thisclose to rolling a new ranger until i realized how many freaking arrows I go thru on my Brigand and Zerker. I seriously cannot fathom playing a Ranger at 90.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    Rangers should just come pre-determined with a woodworker as their tradeskill class that levels with their adventure level. A ranger not having their own personal woodworker is just screwing themselves at this point. At least in Vanguard rangers could forage everything they need to make arrows, do it without crafting facilities, and the arrows were top grade, no-trade, ranger only.
    We can't even get a recipe that makes more arrows at once. This would go a LONG WAY to easing the ammo problems. Just make a recipe that takes 10x more materials and makes 10x more arrows, but with just one combine.Give it some sort of increasing curve of materials if you have too. 12x the materials for 10x the output or something.
    Spirit blessed arrows are made 750 at a time so why not regular arrows? Is there an almighty spreadsheet with recipe scores somewhere that says it would be 'unbalanced' if we could make more handcrafted arrows with less time? lol
  7. ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion Guest

With my ranger, i'll be honest, i have a 90 woodworker(alt), and i use plain carbonite/fulginate arrows from the bowyer npc's.
    I suffer from this, but i was going through so many arrows, i just couldn't keep up. I've even had to log a boxed alt, get it to the zone door, zone out, just to grab more arrows mid raid.
    I'm all for the 10-12x mats for 10x output. that's 5 stacks in 1 craft, i can do that, but half a stack per craft, was just taking way to long. 20-30seconds per 100 arrows, that's half the time it takes to go through 100 arrows. No joke.
    Or just give us an endless quiver AA. Equip 1 arrow, and never buy another arrow again.
  8. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

So my guild cleared through PoW trash last Thursday. I went through roughly 5800 arrows. In about 3 hours.
    Really getting tiring I spend about 2 hours a week JUST for crafting arrows for the following 4 days of raiding. I usually have to craft more than that if I don't sit much.
    I still can't think of one good reason why we shouldn't be able to craft more at once. The only thing I can think of is that the total boredom of crafting so many arrows will drive people to buying arrows from other crafters who have decided to suffer through said boredom to make some money off selling them. To that point, I think its bull that ranger's are to be penalized because a crafting class mostly depends on arrow sales to be worthwhile.
    And again, I do not participate in the 'economy' when it comes to buying arrows since I make my own. If suddenly I never used arrows, people who sell them who see no decline in sales. This is the same case for many other rangers.
  9. ARCHIVED-thorin1 Guest

I feel your pain, even with my fighter i burn through a quiver full of arrows in a raid night, its stupid and the fix is very long overdue. But i doubt youll get a fix any time soon =/
  10. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

I have a sumac strong box, and a quiver from dungeon finder that I use only for arrows.
    thats like 60-70 slots.
    in plane of war, I will easily burn through all that in 1-2 days.
    1 autoattack eats up between 10-15 arrows, when you factor in 600 MA, 50% flurry.
  11. ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    With that arrow consumption rate, i don't think 1000 arrows at a time will be suffecient. Maybe 2000 or 3000 at a time. Just fill your quiver with 2 crafts. I'll even be ok with this if they are made Heirloom.
    It shouldn't take more time to craft arrows than it does to use them. 10-15 arrows per auto-attack and then who knows how many with skills. That's just rediculous.
    Rangers should also get an option to put a normal bag or box in place of a quiver, or even carry two quivers. 32 slots for the dungeon maker quiver isn't even enough. We often have to sacrifice entire bags, just to spare arrows.
  12. ARCHIVED-Championchains Guest

I rolled a Ranger last night. This post is making me think I might as well delete him and just keep playing my other classes. I don't get a whole lot of play time and I certainly don't want to spend what little time I do have crafting arrows.
  13. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

DiasTheLion wrote:
    This is kind of what Vanguard did. Rangers automatically get recipes to make arrows in the field. the arrows are made from foraged materials (anotehr ranger skill) and are better than ones they can get anywhere else. The arrows aren't tradable though. So while they don't spend money on arrows they still spend time and still have to keep themselves supplied.
    So on EQ2 I see the equivilent being they can craft arrows purely from harvested materials (no vendor fuel) make them anywhere they want (no need for crafting station), better than spirit-blessed arrows and no-trade. i still think if they insist on keeping arrows in game at all they need to blatantly copy Vanguards system for rangers when it comes to arrows.
    DiasTheLion wrote:
    One of my regular inventory slots has been a second quiver for well over a year now.
    Championchains wrote:
    Well you can buy arrow from crafters, which is why I am sure they won't lower the consumption rates further. So your options are to spend A LOT of money just buying them up or spend 'cost' on fuel and maybe a little on resources and waste a bunch of time crafting them.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't see any of this as a problem. 'you can either spend extra money buy them or spend time making them that's the trade off' except they fail ot don't care to realize the ridiculous cost for either method when it's simply to make it so our main auto attack works when no one else has to do anything remotely the same.
    How about this. Arrows do not get used AT ALL if we are using a ranged weapon 2-5 meters away from our target. We are literally getting ZERO bonus or extra benefit from using a ranged weapon at that distance since it is melee range. So why should we pay 'extra' for it? I like that idea alot actually.
    No arrows used when 5 or less meters from the target, please.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

I still think arrows should be a non-consumable. Then you can even add raid dropped ammo that isn't battle warped wood.
  15. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Woodworkers would scream to the hills.
    However, I'm all for ammo being a consumable that grants a time-based "buff". Basically like food. Consume an ammo item and you have all the arrows you need for a couple of hours.
  16. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I think that would be neat too. Basically scout/fighter versions of the items casters put in their ammo slots. But like Geothe said, woodworkers would lose their minds and I'm sure most of the reason why they haven't gotten rid of ammo is for woodworkers. I doubt the tailors making the quivers would care much. Especially since best(biggest) quiver in the game is from DYOD rewards now.
    I would still like to hear an actual dev response to my latest idea though. No ammo use when under 5 meters from the target. Since we are getting ZERO special benefit from using a ranged weapon compared to a melee one at that distance, why should anyone have to pay a 'tax' for it?
  17. ARCHIVED-Errror Guest

Add a 100% ammo conservation buff to the Scout Mythical.
    Beats the 750 dps proc thats on it at the moment.
  18. ARCHIVED-thorin1 Guest

You guys are beating a dead horse, coming from eq1 where with aas you could buy the skill "Endless Quiver", I was very surprise that EQ2 had nothing comparable. Now many years later, even with complaints after complaints the developers still havent listened, and you think they will listen now? LOL dream on. Youre doomed to carry huge amounts of arrows per raid if you raid and buying arrows dont get cheaper. Only viable option Ive found for my ranger is to get the bow from deathtoll called Bazkul, the soulseeker. (?) You can right click the bow for 100 ammo every 15 mins and they are permanent and wont disappear when you log out. The stats are comprable to a titanium field arrow.
  19. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

thorin1 wrote:
    they later mitigated this advantage by requiring activated bow based attacks to use arrows in EQ1.
    thorin1 wrote:
    Except when you use arrows not of the same tier of the bow you are using, the damage is severely diminished. this can be seen by looking at your stats page for ranged weapon damage and switching between titanium arrows and the bazkul ammo. I lose 7k damage on the high end when i do this.
    So no, they are no where near comparable and it is not viable.
  20. ARCHIVED-thorin1 Guest

Gosh you mean say that I could be parsing 200k instead of 150k in raids.. well hell i didnt know that. THX,