Am I wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-katieannikins, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-katieannikins Guest

Hi,

Dinged level 39 last night and all the way from level 1 I've been trying to raise my INT and power pool.

I'm now approaching 2600 power self buffed and I've suddenly realised that I don't really need that much power! I now solo and group equally and I very rarely get below 50% power when I do both. I can't remember the last time I ran out of power or got anywhere near running out.

Should I be trying to raise another stat or two, my health is around 2100 but as I don't get hit that often that's not too bad. What did the rest of you do around level 40?

Many thanks :smileywink:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Depends, if your pet holds agro when solo then focus purely on int. If you end up getting hit when soloing then STA or AGI wont go amiss.

If you just plan on grouping then id only worry about INT for now.
  3. ARCHIVED-helloagain Guest

(This is from a raiding perspective and I'll add this comment because you may find it useful if you choose to follow that route.)

My max. power pool stopped mattering to me at level 50. But with the higher int caps now, I still see damage increases on my spells as I add more of it. Unfortunately, with the nature of the curves it's getting to the point where it's not going to be practical to focus on adding any more as a reliable way to up my damage. At the point I am right now, I look for 1) straight dps enhancements like procs, 2) hp/sta/resists, then 3) power/int.
  4. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

I'm also a raiding necro and to me stats go like this:

DPS enhancements - INT - STA - WIS - resists

The DPS enhancements should be obvious.

INT for added spell dmg, plus for those long fights your gonna need all the power you can get. Also the higher your INT the more power you'll regen with Lich.

STA so you'll have plenty of HP to heal your pet with and of course for survivablity.

WIS and resists tie together since if you happen to be within AoE range you'll still (hopefully) live to FD and rez everyone else.
  5. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i would say in order of importance for gear i would do the following:

obviously first of all anything that increase DPS (proc, +damage, +crit chance, etc.)
    INT - added damage and power
    +HP - added survivability and lifeburn if you have it
    +Power - more regen from lich, more overall power to use
    +STA - more HP but seems +HP if much more important since even at only 350 STA i am getting less than 3 HP per STA point
    +resists & +wis - added survivabiliy against AEs etc. at less than 200 WIS i am getting less than 3 points to each resist per point of WIS