Altar of Malice Rare Drop Merchant!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Rondo9 Active Member

Is this your fix to Focus Casting?
  2. Ponderous Member

3. Beee Well-Known Member

4. Dartoberon New Member

5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Still no Wrist of Grand Auras I see.
  6. Gigglezzz Member

Yeah, such a buzzkill with no Wrist of Grand Auras. Out of all the rares, that is the only one that I would of purchased other than Bamboozler's Cloth Eyepatch. Such a disappointment.
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Let's see........

Caisson weapons.....can use one out of the huge stock pile i've accumulated farming **mythical** ethereals, or, buy them on the broker for 250 plat, or.........spend 2k ferrin and 500-600 plat from merchant.

Leathery egg.......see caisson weapons.

Need to crunch the numbers on these decisions...be back in a couple a days after i work through the math :)
  8. kluxor Well-Known Member

If you want a wrist of grand auras go run the zone and get one. It's not a super rare drop like a lot of these other items
    Errrorr likes this.
  9. Rondo9 Active Member

If you cant clear the zone you should't be able to just buy it and really it is terrible for group stuff only benefits when your in a raid.
  10. Wintir Active Member

Hi Kander,

It's nice to be able to have the option to spend ferrins (and game plat) on items you haven't been lucky enough to secure for your toon(s) in game. For that, I thank you. However, the ferrin price tag is awfully high for the average bear. As well, it also seems that you need to convert 1,000 ferrins into "Far Seas Strongbox" currency aforehand. Any particular reason why you're charging a 250p premium to do so? I don't think that's right.
    Prissetta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Breta Well-Known Member

I believe it's intended to be a simple plat sink.
  12. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

plat sink?Lookin through the assortment of items for sale along with the prices will make anyone want to swim back to Tranquil Sea after ye lose yer shirt.
    Wintir likes this.
  13. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Bamboozler's Leather / Cloth Eyepatch... wow what a disappointment. Not only is the price higher than the model it replaced, but honestly still just as worthless. A 30 point boost to Pot or CB... for 3 hours... once a day? Who really thought that was a good idea for 8k Ferrin? This was a hot topic when the predecessor was brought out, and I see the dev's learned nothing from that.
    Jrel and FriggaWitch like this.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

they prolly should have just made them clicky Flurry/DC items rather then a 'one of three, two of which you prolly won't be happy if you get' clicky
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have to agree... that 250p charge to stack your ferrin in a box is really excessive. But I do agree we need plat sinks. But it bites my hiney any way.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have yet to purchase anything from the merchant in Vesspyr, due to the excessive cost of items on it. To see the prices on this new AoM merchant even more excessive leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe there are some who do need a plat sink, but to the average casual player, 2k plat is a huge amount of plat. 8k is even worse. Seeing the price of those eggs on the merchant was no surprise to me...until I saw someone post how much they sell for on the broker. I decided to check the broker, and sure enough, the eggs were TONS cheaper, so I purchased one for me and one for my granddaughter...NOT from the merchant, but off the broker, lol.
  17. Therein Active Member

I can understand the merchant is meant to supplement rare drop rates, but to make them the cost of having to run these zones 100+ times for one item is a bit much. The leathery egg price was laughable.
  18. Breta Well-Known Member

2k ferrin per jewelery piece is more than reasonable. Rest you can get cheaper off broker.
  19. Jrel Well-Known Member

The 8K Ferrin price tag for the eyepatches is beyond absurd for a random bonus lasting 3 hours, useable 1/day, compared to the 4K for the leathery egg for multiple full-time bonuses. Even though the eyepatches are an extra clicky effect doesn't warrant the 8K Ferrin and 2500 plat price.
  20. Noizette Active Member

Eh, it's the end of this expansion, what else are you going to do with all those Ferrin in your currency window?