Altar of Malice Rare Drop Merchant!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Kander Developer

Coming soon! More info next week!
  2. Luciar Active Member

lol :p

Thanks Kander! Even though I don't care about this it's clear others do. You rock!
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

What a tease! :p
    Sigrdrifa and Malleria like this.
  4. Arcavian New Member

That is awesome...

Can you un-nerf mercenaries in the meantime? That would be great!
    GrunEQ likes this.
  5. Blade Parker Active Member

Sooooo... is this going to give some of us an opportunity to receive blue shards?
    Wintir likes this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

It is getting close to next week so we should be seeing some info soon.
    I thought the new Campansion was due round about now, has it been put on the back burner?
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

The next content patch has been always stated to be out Nov'ish.
  8. Wintir Active Member

Kander, me-bucko!

It's "next week" now :) ...mostly...sort of.

Any new tidbits to share, please?

Thanks!
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Expansions have been in November for the last several years.
    I think an EQ2 dev just cried.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they are doing away with the word Campansion, it always conjured up images of "Band Camp" from American pie.

Lol, ok, I just remember them saying Fall in the videos so was a little confused. I don't know what the seasons are like over there and what you call fall and early winter.

I prefer Autumn myself.
    Hartsmith and Prissetta like this.
  11. Gramma Active Member

There's a new expansion planned? Will there be a CE? I like the little vanity things that come with CE's.
    Amoon likes this.
  12. Prayos Well-Known Member

"Next week" is almost over. :(
    Hartsmith likes this.
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Dude, you didn't really think he meant "next week" did you? He meant "next week™", as in, "soon™". :>
    Hushnoob likes this.
  14. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

The world watches and waits...
  15. Nero Active Member

Can we PLEASE get some sort of an update?

I would think that most of the people are upset about the complete lack of follow up on this. A simple "Sorry guys, our work on server consolidation is taking priority right now, and the merchant will have to wait for another week" would have sufficed. Personally, it's the never ending smoke and mirrors that frustrate me.

If you say you're going to do something, please live up to your word, and do it.
  16. Nisshki New Member

Now I noticed that the merchant is on the Public Test Server now... I am quite displeased with how it turned out. ToV's Fabled Item Merchant gave EVERYTHING from the rare drops of all the zones. I was pinning a lot of hope on this merchant for the Ossuary Event Heroic item Wrist of Grand Auras or Castle Highholds item Torque of High Seas Assault since NOBODY wants to either invest time into the event heroic or NOBODY can do it because of lack of gear or that zone is just to hard for them. I personally have invested a lot of runs in CHH heroic and have lost the charm to many mages and only like 1 scout (lol) and put this into account I've seen it only 4 times. This many drops is just not enough considering I play so much and do the zone so much for the whole expansion. Please update the list, I do like that caisson weapons are put in for those who can't get raid weapons, but there are just some items that do need to be on there because of stupidly low drop rate or just not able to be obtained through various reasons. There are a couple good jewelry choices that were put on there to, but those are not an upgrade for everyone.
  17. Nunja Well-Known Member

Disappointed that the crate you can buy to get a random item is all TOV stuff.
  18. Caith Developer

The items listed on the chest are not the ones actually rewarded by the chest. We'll get that fixed asap. The chest is correctly granting Altar of Malice equipment, mounts, and consumables.
  19. Flatline Well-Known Member

Might you also while we got your attention :) Elaborate on the fact that half the rare drops arent on the merchant.
    Not to mention the prices... 2K Ferring and more 100p (not counting the plat to make ferrin into stronboxes) for a caisson weapon is like laughable .. the caissons sell for a couple of hundered on plats on a BAD day..

In ToV all rare loot was on the merchant .. this looks likea selection of less attractive rares
  20. Galvanic New Member

Disappointed the rares from the Research Assistant arent for sale by the merchant :( I have such horrible luck on my crafters and those rares are megaplatz on the broker if you can find them.....
    Hiza likes this.