Altar of Malice is Now Available for Purchase!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Cima New Member

server went down at about 8 am est it is 530 est now
  2. Torabuahi New Member

So, I purchased the expansion pack before reading this, and I play on Steam. Do I have access to it now on Steam? If not, would I have access on the 25th without having to purchase through steam's store?
  3. Misia Active Member

Actually the servers went down at 5:00 am pacific (I was on and know for sure about the time) and it's now 2:40 pm pacific. Not quite 10 hours yet.
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

Anytime within the next 12 months, that is. Once the next xpack comes out, you can never again upgrade this xpack. Right?

Just like, yesterday was the last day you could upgrade ToV. As of today, that upgrade chance is gone forever.
  5. Maleioch Member

Does the AoM SE also include the previous expansions? Didn't see it listed in the description like it was for CoE but didn't want to assume before I bought it. Cause I was going to buy CoE but decided to wait for this expansion.
  6. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Yes, the Standard Edition of Altar of Malice will also include the content from previous expansions.
    This does not include features from Age of Discovery, The Channeler Class, or the Freeblood Race, all of which are available as separate unlocks in the Marketplace.
  7. Fajah New Member

It appears they are back up. Yay
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

There are no other products listed below that.
    Same message in the most up to date versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

Please fix your ****.
    kthx.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but you have a security issue on your web system.

Example:
    1) Login with StationName1 - purchase standard edition
    2) Logout
    3) Login with StationName2 - attempt to purchase standard edition

At this point the web system reverts to the already logged out session from StationName1 and states that you can only purchase and upgrade. I replicated both same scenario in ie11 and chrome. It is fairly clear that the session state for the purchasing system is not cleared when you logout.

While not a huge exploit, one that I would potentially lose my job over if I put something like this to production.

For any players out there, DO NOT purchase the expansion on a shared computer, kiosk, lab, or even from a work pc. It is technically possible for someone to come behind you and gain access to your account, change password, etc, etc.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Clash Member

This isn't a complaint, but I already miss my veteran bonus. I'm glad I finished getting another toon to 95 last night.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

Atan,

I did not have that problem when I purchased for 2 distinct accounts, one right after the other, this morning. I have the email confirmations for both accounts.
    Granted I purchased via Firefox without a hitch.

Have no idea why you had that problem. Glad you have reported it.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I even tested it on another PC as well.
    Spindle likes this.
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Not quite accurate. Many of the SOE Live attendees are not being flagged for the SE and according to my petition I have to contact SOE Live to get this fixed. However, according to the SOE Live forum, no one has responded to the provided e-mail in months and since I have the forum tag and the backpack on my account why isn't my account (and many others) not flagged for the expansion too?
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that's happening! Qualifying accounts should already be flagged, but if you discover that you do not have the Standard Edition, Customer Service should be able to verify that your SOE Live account was flagged correctly for the Premium Pass and that it is tied to the right Station Account you are trying to play on.

If you did contact CS already, did they confirm that you had the right pass showing on your account? If the expansion is still not showing up for you, please send me a forum pm and I'll forward the information so they can take a closer look and we can find out why your AoM standard edition isn't showing.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hi Afista...the problem is that Customer Service is referring us back to the SOE Live team, giving us the email address to contact them, so we are a bit stuck until someone responds to the request sent to the SOE Live team.

[FWIW, a guildee and I both have the same issue: forums show the "SOE Live" badge, accounts show the attendee backpack, but the shop, accessed through the same account, doesn't have us flagged. We contacted CS, who replied saying they couldn't help and told us to email the SOE Live team. Still no reply from them, and as Lateana said, the SOE Live forums have a lot of folks saying they haven't gotten responses from that email address for months.]
  16. Garten Member

Heya Afista,

Just as a "me too" (and as the guildee that Shmogre mentioned), here is the direct response I got back from SOE Support.

(account information stripped)
    I'm not sure which flag is missing, and I am sure there are tons of them but Shmogre and I both have the in-game SOE Live items, so there's definitely *a* flag, just clearly not the right one :)

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help you all chase this one down.

Thanks!
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

OMG. I just found out about the equipments sets!!! Thank you!!!

I never wrote a macro for these, I did them one at a time by hand! Yesterday I was fighting with some forgotten crafting gear on! LOL!

Thank you for the equipment sets!!
    Shmogre likes this.
  18. Blambil Active Member

Bitpay.com rather..