Allow Merc Appearance Slots Access to Wardrobe

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mysstie, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Be nice if the merc appearance slots could access my Wardrobe items, especially when using the Personal Avatar.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

A thousand times yes! However, the Personal Avatar's appearance will change to match the character's. I fired mine and re-hired after a minute and the appearances matched. I've heard someone else say that zoning (I think) updated the Personal Avatar's appearance.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

or, allow petamorph wands to change the illusions of them. Can't stand floppy bellied Zhurgrus? Poof, suddenly he's a cute lil baby dragon, or a sexy siren, or a fierce lil scorpion. I'd be okay with that....
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, turns out that the appearance slots on the Personal Avatar have no effect. Bummer.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It would also be great if the actually let us customize the names of most of the mercs. Unfortunately I don't can't think of a merc they've added in the last 2+ expacs that lets you customize appearance or name...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I agree - I'd like to be able to change the names of ALL mercs. You can, however, change the name of the Personal Avatar.
  10. Bunji Developer

Looking into this.
    Finora, Cyrrena, Zeddicious and 2 others like this.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I've been requesting this via the feedback thing for years, almost ever since mercs were invented. I CANNOT use Zhugrus because of PTSD, and there are several others that creep me out. In fact, another thing I've sent a feeback suggestion on is that they make it so players could turn off mercs/pets of other players like we can mounts, and have them only turn on for us when the merc/pet is in combat.

There are already petamorph wands in the game, so I wouldn't think a mercamorph wand is such a stretch, and they should be able to use similar code for the functionality. Since we can make our own pets invisible if we want, and since we can disappear mounts, the functionality of one of those should be transferable to turning all pets invisible for a given player.

Disappearing pets/mercs would get rid of a lot of lag and use up fewer resources on one's computer, and mercamorph wands would give DBG another source of player purchases. I can't see that it would be anything but a win-win for players AND DBG.

I also agree that all mercs should be renamable. I have a character named for a friend of mine, and his merc is named for his girlfriend. I had to use a common merc so I could name her after my friend's girlfriend, which means that she's essentially a fluff pet. If they don't want players getting credit for their DPS on a parse (which is the only reason I see for not allowing some mercs to be renamed), then they should simply make it that the player can't make the merc's name the same as the character's.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I don't know that they can't just add "mercenary" to the code as it applies where "playerpet" would be. (i'm pretty sure those probably aren't the code terms, but just as example usage....) to use the same petamorphs on mercs that are used on pets, so that no new items have to be created, just updated.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I asked in a different thread if our un-summoned mercs could stand around in our houses or guildhalls like they do in City hiring areas, that way my house or guildhall could look like there are people in it.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Lasai Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if there was simply a mechanism to train the Original mercs (that were done right) up to end game level.
    Then apply the original Merc appearance system to those few mercs introduced later that are races with models in game already.

Oh and also put Lady's rainspout pauldrons back on whatever cathedral they were stolen from.
  16. Lasai Well-Known Member

If you dismount you have to do that or zone to get them off mount as well.
  17. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, the latest patch lets you do it now, so thanks for that! :) Works for mercs like Vittia Direshadow which could use appearance gear before. Doesn't work with the Personal Avatar though. Unfortunately, I think the thing is programmed to look exactly like you and nothing you can do about it... bummer.
    Rosyposy likes this.