All my AB toons are now missing.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Easydoesit, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Domineah New Member

still happening, off and on... should be clearing up .. is not. Is this a weather forecast or an actual statement from paid devs :(
    not to be mean or anything but yer about to smash our server into another server that worked on a different language etc.. this does not make me have much confidence in being able to play in the next several days...
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There can't be that many players forced over to AB from Sebilis...though that could certainly explain it ("You had 7 characters on EACH server?!"). ;->

Uwk
  3. Drax Member

I am a genuine fan of this game, paying my subs since 2004. I understand that things go wrong and I realise that fixing technical issues like this one can take time. Although frustrating I try to be patient and to resist the temptation to instantly 'mouth off' but this has been going on for close to one week now and that isn't good enough.

These are difficult times for DBG. Their paying EQ2 playerbase is steadily shrinking and protracted outtages such as this one present the perfect opportunity for bored/annoyed/frustrated customers to look around and find another game to feed their MMO habit. Some will doubtless return once EQ2 is fixed but how many will stay away permanently?

What puzzles me most is the air of apparent indifference from DBG (and SOE before them). I am sure they really are working hard behind the scenes to fix things but their public face amounts to little more than a shrug. Customers want to be kept informed and they prefer to feel valued. Personally I feel, at best, tolerated and DBG generally manage to sound irritated that their customers are willing to articulate their unhappiness about the situation.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

Even if they checked in once a day with a "We are on it, sorry for the frustration you are having" would set my mind at ease. Heck I know the Devs are probably as frustrated as we are not being able to find the problem in a timely manner it would be nice if they let us know they are still working on it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. RadarX Community Manager

This is absolutely still a known issue and work is being done to resolve it.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Radar you might want to pass along that now on AB I"m experienceing lag while harvesting the update hangs when you get to the end of the time ti takes to harvest for about 4 to 5 seconds same with picking up shinies
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've found them to be surprised more than anything when people are unhappy about things, whether it's a glitch or a decision made about something that they apparently expected everyone to be on-board with and overjoyed about. ;->

And, while I'm sure they're all busier than a one-armed man hanging wallpaper (and the ever-popular, "You're the only ship in the area, Enterprise!" "What, again?! ::groan::"), still, yeah, they could at least devote an intern to checking on this forum especially and shunting off a message capsule to the Powers...though I guess that's what the separate bug-voting website is for? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: how many people know about that? Sigrdrifa is having to remind folks HERE on a regular basis about it, and not everyone reads the forums...
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. CrystalStar Member

I'm glad to hear it is still being worked.

The problem is growing in symptoms including the lag in harvesting and combat and the database misidentifying items of gear with their stats being miss labeled as well as restrictions. Thundering Steppes is practically impossible, which makes it difficult to complete quests which are required to be completed or worked on in the zone. I continually get the zone to desktop issue and the zone in finding myself either in the floor or falling through the world.

I look forward to no longer having these issues or any others that might eventually creep up while we wait for it to be fixed.
  9. TechUp Active Member

I've gotten so tired of the constant issues with AB (character not found, extreme zone lag in various zones such as TS & Timorous Deep, etc...) that I've created new characters to play on Maj'Dul. I haven't seen any of those issues there.
  10. Iuvili Member

How odd........I have no problems at all on AB, aside from Savage Entanglers having become extinct.
  11. CrystalStar Member

So hoping this shut down on AB is to fix this database issue.