All mobs are Guardians? Really?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GrouchyMouse, Nov 17, 2012.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

While on my Coercer, I grab a Possessed Essence for extra dps. But one thing that's been really weird. No matter the mob, they're always Guardians. Every. Single. One. Even the ones that appear to be scouts or mage or healer types have the Guardian Hunker Down buff on them as the Possessed Essence.

The only time I found another was in Wurmbone, the first one, and one of them was a Monk. But after that, they were all Guardians or Coercer but 98% Guardian. I was in Obol Plains last night, and every one I 'essenced' was a Guardian. From the obol mobs to the Horde to the Wayward.

While in Chelsith advanced solo, every one of those fish was a Guardian. Even the ones listed disciple and priest. And the ghostly iksar, even they were. At Obol Plains, where the Cardians were holding back the Horde, I saw several that were priest outfitted with hammer and such. One was walking with dual katanas that was a sure sign of scout. Nope. Both were Guardians. Even the komodo flying lizards were.

Is this a default setting or something? I'd like a little variety like back on Norrath. If Guardians are all that there are on Ethernere, okay, I can accept that...but...yah.