All Access Labor Day Sale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Aug 28, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

but there was a sale. only 6 most popular items went up. solution: don't buy those 6 items. the only insult to our intelligence is Holly's statement that all 6 items were available in the game. so far, i don't see how we can get them in the game.
  2. Avianna Well-Known Member

to truly make a statement DO NOT BUY ANY STATION CASH WHAT-SO-EVER! Go ahead and spend what you have because they already have your money for that but do not buy any more until they agree to lower prices not only back to what they were but lower into true MICRO transition status. Use your wallet to tell them that we as a player base stand firm on this resolve and do NOT want our game to be dictated by a bunch of bean counters.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

I miss the days before there was a SC store and stuff actually got added to the game rather than the store. It has really gotten out of hand just how bad they have corrupted this game with the cash grabs. It used to be fun, now the cash grabs are constantly being thrown in our face. Heck we can't even die in peace in Norrath anymore without being asked for money. I miss our game :'(
  4. suka Well-Known Member

as i stated before, to make an impact there has to be a critical mass- something hard to get when most people don't read the forums and they often don't care if it doesn't affect them personally. afraid you will be out on a limb alone while most players say"not my fight"

even if everyone who reads this thread joins the boycott - they will only be the tiniest drop in the bucket.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

so then why bother just keep doing it anyways and let them get away with it cause it won't matter anyways right?

WRONG! Be the change you want to see in the world, it starts with you and me. Others will follow, guildmates who don't read the forums will hear about it word will spread. But ONLY if you are that change you want to see.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

sorry, i started several such bandwagons in eq2 and in eq1. nothing ever came of it- other than one such in eq1 because of the surgery i just had due to soe's crafting system there.

i am afraid that in this time of complacency it simply doesn't matter to most people. to make a difference you need more people than just me and you and a few guild mates.

for instance, this is the status of this thread:
    [quote =]
    SOE All Access Labor Day Sale

Ashlanne, Thursday at 6:15 PM ... 7 8 9

Replies:
    Views:
    Avianna
    7 minutes ago
    [/quote]
    does that mean 167 people even read this thread and answered? no, that includes replies from you and me and everyone else who repeatedly posted. does it mean 11,317 people looked at the thread? no. that includes every time we returned to read each reply. maybe you might begin to see the brick wall you are banging your head against?
    no? let's hear it for eternal optimism- may it someday rule. unfortunately realism is rearing its ugly head today. oh to be young again and think the world ran on reason and logic and that companies still care what we think.
  7. Habita New Member

At least SOE a very bad decision. first raise the SC prices and now give a 25% bonus. I am sad, that you think the players are dumb.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

does that mean 167 people even read this thread and answered? no, that includes replies from you and me and everyone else who repeatedly posted. does it mean 11,317 people looked at the thread? no. that includes every time we returned to read each reply. maybe you might begin to see the brick wall you are banging your head against?
    no? let's hear it for eternal optimism- may it someday rule. unfortunately realism is rearing its ugly head today. oh to be young again and think the world ran on reason and logic and that companies still care what we think.[/quote]

What you fail to understand is if you are not on the wagon with me and what I have started then you are off from it and a part of the problem as to why it does not work. Whether it does not matter to most people or not is irrelevant. Does it matter to you, if so do something about it.

That is the problem with this world today is because we think nobody cares so nobody does anything and then one by one our rights get taken away. People as a whole are little less than cattle to be herded by corporate giants and political illusions. Be the change or wait in line for the slaughter. If you do nothing you have already done something, you have let them get away with it.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Avianna? You remind me of my heart. I too am impassioned and not afraid to struggle for change.

Suka? I identify too, with you, as I sit back and consider where my energies are best directed.

Maybe this means I'm middle aged and middle of the road? I don't know, only that I can feel both your positions, and neither one is wrong. I respect you both for adding to the discourse, and putting yourselves 'out there', so to speak. That takes guts, to stand up and be counted. I myself don't yet know what to do. A lot, for me, will depend on when and what the next staff statement is. I am not trying to be coy, just biding time, watching, as I feel many of us are. Withholding judgement now doesn't mean complacency, always, and in this case, having seen what a ruckus these boards can explode into, I feel like Soe might be treading on egg shells in a land mine field.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Rhodris and suka like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

it's a private company so they have already gotten away with it. it is not a democracy. you don't get a vote. do you really think that by refusing to spend money you hurt them in the least? all you do is save yourself some money. i however, get to choose what i send my money on so i will buy what i enjoy and use what i want most. yeah i will still buy merc unlocks. i never used any of the rest of it so it really doesn't affect me. i'm not happy about the increase and i voice that, but in the end it is not in my control.

back to the serenity prayer- let me change what i can, accept what i can't and have the wisdom to know the difference. saves a lot of headaches from butting brick walls. oh and let me be smart enough to find a good hiding place for the bodies that i need to bury.
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

ok this is something strange going on. it is quoting part of what a person says that we are replying to but putting the bulk of what we are replying to in the white print as though we said it instead of the person who actually said it i had to edit my post to remove the prior quote so it would show properly
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

If I am the only one doing it then yeah all I do is save myself some money, and if all you do is whine about the increase but shell out the dough anyways then why even bother whining about it. You voicing your opinion has done nothing without your actions to back your opinion up.

However if we ALL do it then yes we can make change happen in the game, we have done it before and can do it again. You say there is no vote, it is not a democracy, etc. etc. etc. and you're right in the sense there is no physical vote. But, you are wrong in the sense that those bean counters who made that decision will see a profit loss IF your actions follow your opinions and they lose money they will change their decisions. That means that we DO in fact have a say, and we DO infact have a vote.We just have to do it with our wallet/purse rather than our voice.
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too it was weird
  14. suka Well-Known Member

the problem is not that we speak out. it is that there are not enough people who even read the forums to make a difference. we should all speak out in hopes that someone who matters will read it and start a discussion among those who make the decisions. that is how changes actually happen here. like a gm once told me, "state your concerns in the forums. get as many people as you can to put in their concerns into that thread. if enough people voice their opinion, we will act on it."
  15. Avianna Well-Known Member

If you say I don't like this ice cream but eat it all then your actions speak louder than your voice and your voice just becomes a whine that no one listens too.

If in the same way you say I don't like the price increase but then buy them anyways you have defeated the purpose of saying anything to begin with, you have shot yourself in the foot, and are doing nothing but whining.

If you say I do not like the price increase and you can shove your SC up your rump until it changes, then your actions back up your words and it holds meaning rather than just empty words. That will get discussions going faster than a bunch of whining when they see by actions "oh, they mean business, they are serious." Whether or not enough people read the forums is irrelevant, whether or not enough people do the same is irrelevant. What matters in the end is whether or not YOU made a change or YOU followed the rest of the cattle to slaughter.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

Not one single post about this price increase has been made on their SOE FaceBook page....SOE probably thinks since it's contained within this forum that no one else knows or cares....I have made sure to tell everyone I game with....if they buy more SC or pay these new prices I can't control it... but I can control my SC purchases or lack of.....the one thing I've learned in business is that dissatisfied customers will tell everyone who will listen.....and in turn those who listened will go on to tell others and so on and so on.

It's now after 10am Pacific time....I'm sure they've had time to read/see our comments and formulate a reply....right now their lack of response only adds more insult to the lame comment Windstalker made to all of us.
  17. Ratza Well-Known Member

I also want to ask how did Ashlane change the date of this original sale post because this thread was not posted nor was it live on the forums on August 28th....in fact it was after the sale started that this thread finally appeared.....something is not jiving....more trickery or what???
  18. RadarX Community Manager

It's not trickery. We have a staging area for posts and generally when we have to post things like across multiple sites (the 25% sale wasn't just for EQII) we do it in advance to save time.
    suka likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i don't like spinach, but i eat it. is that some sort of a statement too? i only buy bluebell icecream, but because thousands of other people buy blue bunny icecream, i don't see the option going away soon. does Walmart refuse to sell blue bunny because i don't like it? not likely.

if you feel strongly enough about something not to participate, that is your choice. don't criticize others for not jumping off the cliff with you. we won't feel the least bit guilty about saving our protests for something that really matters to us.
  20. Ratza Well-Known Member

Radar...Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.