AI keeps touching my hotbars

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by holliskål, Nov 20, 2020.

1. holliskål New Member

i'm almost more annoyed than excited when i level up. it keeps plopping new spells on my hotbars before i even have a chance to read them up and figure out where they go.
    which is especially annoying whenever i level up before a fight is fully over. one of the last things i want to see in the middle of ongoing combat is my already familiar hotbars suddenly having extra things on them that i don't know what to do with yet.
    is there some option hidden somewhere to get it to stop placing new abilities automatically? if not, can we have one? i dunno, maybe it could just gently inform you through the chatbox when you have new abilities and let you find them in the book on your own time?
  2. The Fonz Active Member

No, but you can read them afterwards. I think its more annoying when you level from 1 - 120 instantly and there is a 15 min cycle of new abilities. At that point, log out and then back in and clear all hotbars and start building your own.
    Juraiya, Soara2, Hartsmith and 3 others like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'd add one additional note to this excellent advice. Once you've cleared all your hotbars, go into your Spells/CA book and filter for "highest level of spell/ca." That helps clear them all except for the highest level available to you. You can also alphabetize them so if you're searching for something, you can find it much more quickly.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Cool that you have spells on hot bars, I've never done that. May try it. Bummer changes occur to hot bars while you are fighting. That would be nerve wracking. When I first read your title I thought it said AL keeps touching my hot bars and came here expecting to hear about your little brother AL touching your hot bars or something even more racy. LOL AI as in Artificial Intelligence certainly makes more sense. And isn't it funny how unintelligent this programmed entity often is? Alexa case in point. Have you ever heard Alexa when she realizes she is talking to a dog? Starts making all kinds of animal noises .. monkeys and stuff. Very funny!
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm almost afraid to ask... how do you use your spells/abilities if not from your hotbars?
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that myself. lol
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

While I cannot speak for Whysper, I have had friends online who prefer to cast their spells from wet bars. But then you would certainly expect that from someone whose screen name is Beerfish.
    AOE1, WhysperWynde, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Or close all but the fullest hotbar.

To add to what Bhayar suggested, I choose to sort the spells/combat arts by Level, Reverse, then fill Down. That way the highest levels get first priority on placement.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Jaclee New Member

I'm dying to know how WW casts her spells without putting them on hotkeys. And I agree with the OP, putting spells automatically on our hotbars sucks.
    WhysperWynde and Soara2 like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Meh. A year from now you will make a little new character and be organizing them in seconds while fighting as they pop up. I think it's set up this way for players that don't know how to put them on a hotbar or for easier set up. When they are all full, it only loads the higher new version in the spot of the old version, which comes in handy at higher levels. But I can see your point though. To prevent it if you really want to, fill them up, you can use call to home, and other regular abilities to help do this, and it will load the new spells on hotbars you have closed.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ok so I quickly made a video to show 2 solutions, the fill the bars up solution and then there is the /savehotkeys name and /loadhotkeys name solution. I also showed just in case any one needed, how to close hotbars, resize and move them, clear them, etc.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh so the little squares at bottom middle of screen are called The Hot Bar? I thought it was just the spell bar. I thought when they said that they use hot bars for their spells that they meant Hot Keys on their keyboard like F1, F2, etc. Sorry for the stupid confusion. Of course I use my Spells from the little squares at bottom and I guess now I know it is considered the hot bar. LOL
    Soara2, Breanna and Ir1shguy like this.