Agnostic Dungeon XP?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Linvak, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Linvak New Member

I haven't been able to easily find any info via google search, reddit, or these forums. Is there some trick to getting good XP in the agnostic dungeons? Is it even still the preferred lazy way to level anymore? I am barely getting 20% of a level after a few runs, all the youtube videos and older dated material I've read make it seem like you could hit 95 in a weekend or two without any real effort. Yesterday I sat down in the morning and went into the first Agnostic at level 18 a couple hours later I finished all of the dungeons a free to play person with no xpacs could access and then ran the Agony one that apparently everyone likes a couple times and was only like level 22 at the end of the day? I am getting like maybe 40xp a kill and I thought I read somewhere that I should be seeing like 600xp.

Is it because I am on a free to play account that I converted from an old EQ1 account years ago? Was thinking id solo level the char up to 95 see some of the newer content and quests to 120s and possibly get the new xpac.
  2. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Its likely most your exp is going to your AA. As a free to play player you may not be able to adjust the AA/Adventure exp slider which adjusts how much exp goes towards your AA or Adventure.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also, after you hit 90, the agnostics may not be your best bet for leveling. as you go up in level, the amount of XP needed to advance is an exponential curve. At the point it slows down, grinding won't do it anymore, and you should instead switch to the Solo Timeline and quest to get XP.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the hayday of agnostics is long gone, that "be 95 in a weekend" was also a case of a full group where, if entered through queue on dungeon finder window, everybody in group got bonus exp. You do not get that bonus if you just zone in via portal and grind solo.
    At this point you will most likely get better experience if someone drags you thru few regular dungeons, mix it with some quests, and when you are lvl 100 the only way to get any measurable experience is doing the signature line quests. The numbers needed at 100+ are so huge only quests really give any visible movement to exp bar.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

But you can solo queue with your merc and it will zone you into a random agnostic unless they changed it?
  6. Rolant Active Member

I think Thalumbra missions (Algorithm for Destruction, District of Ash, etc) still give you super xp when you are low level until 80-90. Other non-Thalumbra missions catch up around 80 and pretty good until 90 or so.

(apparently you have to have Thalumbra expansion for this, though)
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Run the agnostic Maldura: District of Ash, dont bother with trying to do the quest, just run in and AOE the mobs on the first floor, pop out and back in and repeat...tell me what you are getting per kill in that particular agnostic dungeon
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I was never able to queue solo with merc and actually start a zone, had to group with another person and with their merc we got zoned in.
    The point of queue bonus experience is you need at least 2 real players, mercs do not count for bonus exp. If solo with just your own merc you are better off just clicking the agnostic portal and choosing your zone
  9. Linvak New Member

Unfortunately that is one I dont have access to, free to play accounts dont have access to Kralet Penumbra or Maldura.

For those wondering where I am getting the misunderstood info from this youtube video was what I saw and though hmmm I should try that. ()
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Understood, kinda sucks tho, I don't see the purpose in blocking content like that for FTP ... I mean it isnt hurting anything by letting FTP run it, and it doesn't seem to be increasing subs to paid accounts from what I am seeing.
  11. TechUp Active Member

Actually I think those dungeons are locked behind expansion purchases. I have an "alt" FTP account that I had purchased up through Planes of Prophecy on and it has access to the ToT agnostic dungeons. I'm think that if someone was to buy the most current expansion, they would probably have access to the ToT ones.

***Full Disclaimer, while you would get access to previous expansion content; things like Premium races and classes are not included (or they weren't the last time I checked)***
    Breanna, Dude and Pixistik like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

...and you still can't move the AA/XP slider, which is going to slow down the agnostic leveling process. Best to just go ahead and subscribe.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. TechUp Active Member

True, I forgot about the slider being locked at 50/50 unless you are subscribed.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Good point, didnt think about that
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  15. Linvak New Member

I caved and bought the new xpac and district of ash mobs are giving like 900xp vs 30xp in Crypt...
    Pixistik likes this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Best one to run for xp in my opinion
  17. Merker Member

I did 60-95 in a weekend with one of my toons back in June, I think. I was doing a 50/50 split between Adv XP and AA even though I am a member. I was running the entire Crypt of Agony in well under 10 minutes, reset, rinse and repeat. My toon being an SK, I would burn Death March and run the entire dungeon pulling all the mobs (or at least most of them if Death March ran out and I got stunned), then I would just nuke the whole room. I was also burning XP pots (100%). Doing 18-95 in a weekend without XP pots I would think is wishful thinking. Maybe if you don't sleep or eat or go to the bathroom ;o), but that is still iffy. Not sure why you'd want to lvl that fast anyway. It is a good idea to get to know your class from the ground up. The only reason I powerlevlled my SK, at that point, is because I am very familiar with that class having had another SK but on a different server. But to each his own I guess.