Agility is the Main Stat... What is our secondary?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Cavel, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Cavel Guest

OK all I am a level 9 with 120% to next level, planning on Pred to Ranger route... What I am looking for is what Stats should I bump when the next stat bump comes up? I chose Agility the first time based on it being our main stat (Wood elf here BTW). I am wondering will our power be calculated like a Paladins (Str and Wis then add in some magic fairy dust algorythim) or are we a Single stat machine like the Warrior types? I see that in Bards Int plays a small part in the power pool they have... Any help would be appreciated.

Cavel
  2. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Sexiness. Our secondary stat is sexiness.

No, seriously.

....What?
    Message Edited by blitz on 11-12-2004 07:57 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Cavel Guest

Maybe I did not explain this well enough... Looking at this guide for Bards:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/classes/playguide.vm?classId=35

It States:

StatisticsBards gain the following statistic bonuses:+5 Strength, +3 Agility, +2 Stamina
    Strength – Strength gives the Bard a little extra damage, so it’s fairly useful for this class.
    Agility – Agility determines the Bard’s Power pool, and is the primary statistic for Bards.
    Stamina – Stamina will increase the Hit Points of a Bard, enabling them to withstand more punishment.
    Intelligence – Intelligence plays a small part in determining a Bard’s Power pool.
    Wisdom – Wisdom is not an important statistic for a Bard.
    Now Looking at that the Bard has the Primary Stat as Agility but the Secondary stat of Intelligence (Note the plays a small part in Determining a Bard's Power Pool.)

Crusaders also have simular information about Wisdom (For Paladins) and Intelligence (SK's)... I am Wondering if there is a stat that I should be looking to build other than Agility.
    Cavel
  4. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was Wisdom, but this could be completely off base. From what I understand, it's not Stamina or Strength, so that leaves only a few. I miss "Charisma" from EQ1. 124str, 108 agility, 103 stamina, 14 charisma. It felt good to be a troll SK.

This just in:

Strength – Strength gives the Scout a little extra damage, so it’s fairly useful for the scout.
    Agility – Agility determines the Scout’s Power pool, and is the primary statistic for Scouts.
    Stamina – Stamina will increase the Hit Points of a Scout, enabling them to withstand more punishment. And there will come times when this is important.
    Intelligence – Intelligence serves little purpose for a Scout and is not important. One exception is a Scout that is training to be a Bard, where Intelligence will play a small part in determining the Bard’s Power pool.
    Wisdom – Wisdom is not an important statistic for a Scout.
    Thats from the SCOUT guide. BUT, if there were one that effected the ranger, I think they'd make a note like they do for the Bard. Hope that helps.
    Message Edited by blitz on 11-12-2004 09:57 AM