after change from evil to good, not getting tradeskill quests

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My evil Kerran is now Good and home city of Qeynos, a second is New Hallas.

No one in New Hallas would give tradeskill quests, this is up by the forge, workbench, etc.

I double checked my Quests and saw I had an evil tradeskill quest directed at New Hallas/Raven's Roost.

So I went to Ironforge in Qeynos and got my tradeskills back to 9, removing the 13th level evil tradeskill quest where my character delivered a message to Raven's Roost to work with the evil people. I did select a group, and will specialize at 19th.

I was hoping that would wipe that and let me tradeskill up with that character.

Got an email saying talk to Tami in New Hallas.

She just says Hello. No quests.

How do I fix this ?

Thanks.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Not sure but if they can't fix it by frostfell, you can get quick levels on the crafting daily. That also means free materials and tokens to buy frostfell goodies. You don't seem like an impatient person.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you already do the level 10 tradeskill signature line while you were evil? If so, I don't think you can do it again.
    Soara2, Xianthia, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Started it and did a reset in Irontoe in Qeynos. Back to 9th tradeskill level.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was thinking I might need to talk to one of the NPCs and get 10th. I'll try it in Qeynos, since they seem a bit friendlier than New Hallas/Raven's Roost.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

You always have to talk to an NPC to get from 9 to 10.. and from 19 to 20.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I checked and character is 10th. But the tradeskill quest NPCs in Raven's Roost and Ironforge Exchange in Qeynos aren't giving that character any tradeskill quests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you did them the first time you leveled up (on good or evil side) you can't do that quest line again.. on either side. The same goes for all tradeskill quests. They've been done. Resetting your TS quest doesn't clear your completed quests.
    Finora, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was at 13, now back to 10.

They aren't offering any tradeskill quests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Loresinger Active Member

If you completed the line on the evil side, you won't be able to get the good side. If you did not complete it, Tami in New Halas may give you the quest now if you are level 10. If she doesn't, you will have to grind to level 15, which at that point you can start doing writs. If you find the daily tinkering/adorning guy, you should get to 15 or pretty close to it.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did you start the quest line while you were evil? That might lock you from starting it good side, even if you didn't finish it.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, I did it that way.

So, instead of getting the good tradeskill quests, I'm stuck just doing tradeskilling ?
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

You could betray back, finish that TS line and betray back for the rest.
    At worst, it would just lock THAT quest line.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No, I'll just muddle it through. I hate moving even more.
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You can't get the writs at 15 without completing the questline. You can at 20 though
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So at 20, I can start getting tradeskill quests again ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

It looks like you're locked out of the New Halas TS line because you were partially through the evil side. None of the other TS quests depend on that timeline, so being locked on that one shouldn't affect any other questlines.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To clarify things, you likely won't be able to do the New Halas level 10 crafting line because it got all muddled by starting it on one side, which gave you an invisible flag, and blocked you from getting the good side version. That is all you will be blocked from.

There will be work orders that you can do at level 15 and up if you want to use some of those for leveling, then several quests, and rush orders at 20 (BBM tradeskill line at 20, the first quest from the Grandmaster in your home crafting society, etc.)

10-15 isn't hard to do with just some crafting of various things, and if you hit an adorning trainer and a tinkering trainer, you can get good xp from Londiar in Ironforge (landing between first and second floor) for tinkering, transmuting and adorning daily quests that will give you great tradeskill xp.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  19. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Which exactly tradeskill timeline are you expecting to pick up?
    As far as I know if you have completed evil tradeskill timeline, you cannot pick up good tradeskill timeline.

It is actually not a big deal since you can level your tradeskill by doing writs.
    As soon as your tradeskill level is high enough you can pick up a new tradeskill timeline.
    The new tradeskill timelines are not going to be split between good/evil.

Just remember that at level 19 you will stop leveling and you will have to select your tradeskill.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Didn't complete the evil tradeskill line. Got a game email saying to talk to a character in New Halas. Turns out it was a dark elf. It was to try and coerce Raven's Roost to accept the evil work orders.

At that point I cancelled the quest. I was at 13th. So I reset using the reset trainer in Ironforge Exchange in Qeynos.

I then went back to the quest giver in Ravens' Roost. He just says hello.

Was hinking about checking the recipes the character has and use the benches, etc. in his Gorowyn Loft Apartment. Getting to 19th. Then specializing. Then seeing what tradeskill quests I can get from there.

I was hoping someone could point out how to get rid of the 'formerly evil' flag on that character.
    Soara2 likes this.