Aerakyn racial questline

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Muffincookie, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

Im on the last step of this small questline and it will give me a ring.
    Im currently in old Starcrest Commune trying to kill a bunch of Aerakyn in a room. They are 4-5 and its supposed to be a solo quest but im having no chance at all. I play a Templar and it impossible!

Is there a trick to this. The quest is called The Next World.
    What does this ring do, is it a nice effect?

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/The_Next_World
  2. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I didn't have much trouble with either version of the quest (Freeport or Qeynos).

Templars are tricky to play, especially at low levels. They're a true healer class with limited offense. That means you have to focus as much on your heals, buffs and debuffs as much as your offensive spell casting.

Mercenaries and familiars help too, for any class. The game is practically built assuming you'll use them anymore.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

The ring has an awesome effect. Firey with like cut-out dragons. I left it up for ages until I realized it made hard to get my shineys.
    Jesaine likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

What level are you? You could consider leveling up, then chronomentoring down to a low-level before you fight, which will make them weaker by comparison.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Muffincookie Active Member

Im on the TLE server, forgot to say. Im lvl 21.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'll have to level up more to get more and more powerful abilities. You don't even have your full set of spells yet.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Muffincookie Active Member

Didnt expect it to be that difficult. Other racial quests ive done early, with not this much struggle.
    I did the froglok a few days ago at roughly the same. It was tricky, sure, but not this impossible.

I will level up abit and see :)
    Jesaine likes this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Hang in there and good luck with it. Being on the TLE server definitely makes a difference. It's not set up for fast leveling and easy kills at lower levels like "live" servers. On the bright side though, when you beat it, you'll know you really accomplished something. :)
    Twyla likes this.