Aerakyn Racial Effect Clicky Looks Weird

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Malleria, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

The reward for the Aerakyn racial quest in Freeport, 'Ring of the Dragon', with the clicky effect 'Veeshan's Memory' doesn't look like it's working correctly. It gives the scale/shield/whatever thingie in front of the characters chest, but it also has a duplicate centered on their feet which ends up going into the floor.

Can see it in the preview window:
    [IMG]

And then out in the real world, this is how the bottom scale ends up looking:
    [IMG]

I'd suggest removing the bottom scale, and just having the one floating in front of the character's chest.
    Vallaria likes this.
  2. Vallaria Member

I can confirm it's the same for males as well. :eek:
  3. Endymion Developer

It actually occurs with any particle effect (it's super easy to notice with long casting buffs, for example); the Aerakyn are setup in an interesting way and particle effect propagation doesn't quite work right with them. A fix was put in a bit after release, but slipped through the cracks due to post-release madness. That said, it should be making its way live in the near future (probably after the holidays).
    Malleria likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Is Aerakyn not doing crafting animations related to this?
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

If your wing mount is equipped, the crafting animations don't play for some reason. If you unequip your mount wings, the crafting animations should play for you, I had this issue a little while ago. ;)
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

No other wing mount prevents crafting animations.. at the very least it is an... oddity... that the Aerakyn wing mounts are the only ones that prevent the crafting animations.
  7. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it with other races, just noticed that it happens with Aerakyn. It is very strange. :/
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've had wing mounts on crafters for ages now an all of them animate when crafting. It's only the Aerakyn that don't.
  9. Aranedhel Member

So what purpose does this effect serve, examining the effect gives no information as to what it does.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

It's fluff like all the other racial ring effects.
  11. Zookeeper Active Member

My main problem with my Aerakyn is having female characters with an extension from their body that appears to be a graphics glitch. A very long, triangular, translucent white, flat shaft drops down between their legs and ends at a point on or into the ground. It appears while flying, as well as standing. The "sit" command does nothing. They remain standing.
    They appear to be several graphics glitches. I don't have a male Aerakyn, so I don't know if they have them or not. The projection and inability to sit has been reported more than once...on more than one Aerakyn, but they still have those glitches. Granted, there are game anomalies that are a lot more important than a simple graphics gltich.
    I have wondered if anyone else had these problems with their Aerakyn. I haven't seen many of them around, though.
  12. Gancott New Member

with sitting dis mount first, I thought they would or could not kneel or sit as well. I dis-mounted and tried it again and it worked
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

I haven't seen either of these problems with aerakyn, male or female. Maybe you could include a screenshot? Someone might recognize the issue.

/sit works just fine on my female as does /sitchair.

Now I have seen another glitch with Aerakyn females + kilts. Their legs go all creepy.

[IMG]