Aerakyn Hover Animation Inquiry

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Praetorian, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Something that has been bothering me more and more, and perhaps other aerakyn players as well, is the hovering animation for Aerakyn. I never really looked at it deeply before but now i can't un-see it sadly.

The way the wings move in hover mode looks awkward to me. It just looks like im trying to swim backwards but not going anywhere. What say you animation and puppet master gods?
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ttobey might if he can make something dangle... but I don't really want to see a naked male Aerakyn *grins as I blush as I fade into the shadows*
  3. Praetorian Well-Known Member

There's a few creatures wing animations that could be adapted I think to make it work.. namely Tserrina Syl'tor if my memory serves. Her wing animations from Tower and from Altar seemed pretty much on par. Although her wings were a bit more bat-like but going back in different videos they look pretty spot on.
    luminosa likes this.
  4. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I am looking at you Tom... lol :)
  5. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I think there is a hitch in the animation as well. I was watching it and it appears to have a few frames or so that jump. Might be just frame lag in game though.