Aerakyn Flight - when is it possible

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Bestiarator, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Bestiarator Member

I have searched around a bit for this but no success, yet. I am wondering how I get my Aerakyn Royal character to fly? I seem to be able to glide just fine, but the wingflapping/levitating part I have not figured out yet. I realize in writing this it is likely painfully obvious, but somehow I am being somewhat obtuse here and have been unable to sort it out thus far. He is a level 10 Conjy, with level 18 AA skills and level 2 Tradeskills.

Any constructive (OK, at this point I would even settle for derisive or condescending) advice on how to be able to soar in the sky would be appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Flying in EQ2 requires level 85.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Way to be derisive and condescending Feldon!
    Dedith likes this.
  4. Bestiarator Member

lol - alrighty, then! Looks like I have a ways to go. Sur la pied until then - my dogs are gonna be barkin'!!!!!.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Bestiarator, welcome to Norrath and hope you are enjoying playing an Aerakyn conjuror!

Once you reach level 85, you'll be able to take to the skies. In the meantime, you can buy a horse and later earn the ability to leap (level 30) and glide (level 50 or 60 I forget), but full flight does not open until level 85. If you could fly everywhere at low levels, it would probably take something away from the game and make the world seem much smaller. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Better? ;)
    Charlice, Estred, Shmogre and 3 others like this.
  6. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Bestiarator,

To add to Feldon's well-developed response, you can either reach level 85 Adventurer or level 85 Tradeskiller to unlock the ability to use flying mounts in Norrath. Also, Gliders are available at level 60 ;)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Our players are so helpful and full of holiday cheer! :)
    SierraDawn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Bestiarator Member

awesome. Very helpful and informative, and kewl to know that my TS or AA can also get me there (I am having a blast at level 10 running to all the zones and exploring!). I didn't find the initial response snarky at all - a bit perfunctory, perhaps, but... ;)
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No I was just being snarky to Feldon. :)
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Our developers too, so much holiday sneer... I mean cheer going around this time of year ;)
    Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  11. Veysha Member

As a Royal Aerakyn (Noble?) you'll be granted wings at the level milestones that others would have to quest or buy mounts.

At lvl 1 you have wings that will grant you 130% groundspeed => Blightbreeze Wings

At lvl 30 you'll get wings that allow you to leap (60% ground/200% airspeed) => Sundergust Wings

At lvl 60 you'll get wings for gliding (60%/200%) => Direwind Wings

and At lvl 85 you'll get your full flight wings (65%/150%) => Ashengale Wings

The great thing about having wings tailored to your race as a mount is that you'll be able to use a mount with stat bonuses to actually ride and you can put your granted wings in the mount appearance slot.

(waits impatiently for this to be implemented for Fae, Arasai and Freeblood...)
    SierraDawn likes this.
  12. Bestiarator Member

Veysha,

Great info - really appreciate it (and love the humoured barb at the close - well done!).
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

If you get your crafting skill up to 85 you will be able to fly as well. Hope that helps. :D Welcome to Norrath!!!
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

on a related note if you have the normal aery then later buy the noble aerykyn race are all your current aerkyn characters upgraded?
  15. Ahupu Well-Known Member

@Thand if you level the standard up and buy the noble later it will upgrade all the Aerakyn on the account, current or future creations. Thus existing toons will gain the different sets of wings to be used as mounts.
  16. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Yes, the Noble Aerakyn feature is an account-wide unlock. All current and future Aerakyns you create on your account would have access to the Noble features.
  17. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm curious, shouldn't the Aerykin already speak Draconic? I made a level one, and someone walked up to me and spoke to me in a language I couldn't understand. If I am Dragonkin, I should already understand it, no?
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Yes they should Lore wise. Gameplay wise they have to not. Draconic and To Speak as a Dragon are iconic quests/languages associated with the class Epics which are then important to do Repercussions to have your "Myth Buff" so giving them innate ability to skip TSaaD would make them the defacto race to have and then Race-Change (if one wanted to save time)
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

I understand that from a gameplay point of view, however, they should have knowledge of some language other than the common tongue. Maybe give them elder draconic or something that doesn't interfere with the mythical quest.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Only Kerafyrm was able to speak Elder Draconic, probably Lord Yelinak could. Though it stands that no dragon alive today, not even Nagafen can speak Elder Draconic. I also highly doubt one as Arrogant as The Awakened would grant what were designed to be shock-troops of the Awakened Army the ability to speak the "true" draconic as I am sure Kerafyrm viewed the Draconic taught to us Norrathians and spoken by current day Dragons to be a mockery of dragontongue.