Aerakyn Defiler Priestess

Discussion in 'Priests' started by WhysperWynde, Jun 30, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

WHO knows WHAT about Aerakyn Race? Who knows what about Defilers? I've been reading that Defilers have a hard time soloing on missions and so would like to pick up any tips that anyone can give me. This is my 20th Character overall - 18th on Skyfire with other 2 on Kaladim servers. I decided to purchase the Aerakyn Race & see what I could do with her as a Defiler priestess since I've never played either before.

She Gwyndolyn Gladdenaughtz is quite pretty decked out in purple armor with lavender hair. She is Level 100 and Level 110 Tailor. I have not tried her in groups or raids yet; which I understand Defilers are best when healing in groups. She has joined Alarius Spiritus Guild so she probably will be fighting in groups. But for Solo Missions I'd really appreciate any advice people could give me. I did read that she should use a wand as opposed to a 2 handed weapon & should cast her spells by Ranged Auto Attack.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem soloing a Defiler. I don't kill as quickly as a scout, but nothing can really hurt me either. I'm using a 2H in BoL in order to maximize the planar upgrades. I can solo heal experts and heroics plus I raid on this toon as well. I use a crossbow too. Wands won't maximize auto attack. I would prefer a wand but I like to add some dps to groups and raids as well as keep everyone alive.

There are some issues though. The game nerfed our power feed last xpac. Bleed through is always an issue, but it can be overcome. Casting speeds are quite slow compared to other healers. The dragon tree is your friend.

Work on getting as much potency as you can. You'll need greater and greater resolve as well if you decide to raid.

All that said, I still love the shaman class.

Happy Defiling...:)
    Breanna likes this.