(advice?) My amateur attempt with Photoshop Elements.

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-PRALLIC, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-phatd42 Guest

I absolutely love brushes too.. and fonts.. I dont even know how many I have right now, but Ive been known to spendhours looking through DAFont and other font sites for 'just the right one' ><
    In PsP I used to make my own brushes for painting hair or whatever I might need a custom brush for, I havent figured out that trick in PS yet though lol
  2. ARCHIVED-PRALLIC Guest

I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can do anything 3D like you do Vanesse. I'm probably the least artistic person in this forum. What I learn here will most likely be used for my own sigs (no one would pay for my scribblings), or for titles in videos I make in Premiere Elements.
    I would like to learn how to repaint/repair armor and change up hair like in that last example posted here. The hair on the last one I did gave me FITS, and I'm' still not entirely happy with it. I wasn't even trying to change the style per se. All I wanted to do was darken it, smooth the edeges, and enhance the highlights. I managed to smooth the edges (even filled in a little of the receding hairline), but the texture and highlights are above my skill and/or editing software atm. Is there a plug-in hair brush? LOL!
  3. ARCHIVED-phatd42 Guest

For that one and other hair Ive painted I just made my own brush, which is really just a few little dots, then adjust the settings so it fades out after a certain length. After brushing used the light/dark with a round 0 hardness setting to do highlights and shadows, then used my hairbrush to smudge it and make it smoother.. painting hair is really pretty easy once you get the hang of it, it took me a while though, and I can see that one I dld still could use some work lol.
    When working with black hair, try using dark greys rather than black, then when you shade or lighten it its not a solid black color. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-PRALLIC Guest

Has any of you every used (or have opinions on) ****?
    I was talking to a guy the other day that seems to think that I could do the same stuff with **** that I could with PSP or Photoshop CS3. If it's better than Photoshop Elements, then it might be worth my while?
  5. ARCHIVED-phatd42 Guest

its free, so could hardly hurt to learn, I think Kethaera uses it and may have some tutorials.