Advice for a new channeler (TLE)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kalika, May 25, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

1. To dps she as for the moment ST arrow (the other is mostly a st heal), concept sacrifice 95 trigger proc) and some green aoe from the concept (use 25% concept hp). The arrow is super slow to cast and there is no aa apparently to make casting faster (it simply increase the damage).
    2. She also as some snares but honestly i don't want to play kiting (yeah rangers did it in chardok and my druids sometimes killed rooting but it's boring).
    3. Also wondering which animal essences arre important (i got bear, snake and another that does nothing -- prob cause if affect a stat not on the tle).
    4. SHould she use a bow en enforce ranged weapon ? does she need quality arrows ?
    The class seems somewhat interesting but honestly having to watch dissonance, concept hp + her mana + group hp is a bit muchc...
  2. Kindread Active Member

Channeler can do some AMAZING DPS if played correctly, I have a 60 raided out Channeler on the TLE and just came back to him and am leveling up to 80 now.

The Single Target arrow is called, Vengeful Arrow. It is kinda bunk DPS and is really only used as a filler later on. Honestly I very rarely use it because the proc rate from other gear pieces (gear that says, "On any combat or spell hit this spell may...") has a higher chance on Barrage. You get Barrage Rank 1 at level 10.

The Construct's Sacrifice is what separates the decent Channelers, from the really good ones. When solo healing, unless my tank is really good, I don't really use this, as the lower the health of your Construct, the less damage it absorbs. When I am DPSing, or backup healing is when I can push some pretty insane numbers and make the DPSers in my group scratch their heads as to why the healer is out DPSing them. I wont go into too many details, but just read the tooltip carefully, and understand that it is a significant DPS boost when you activate it. Also make sure you spend some Dissonance on healing your Construct. I like to drop a HoT on my pet just before combat starts, then hit Construct's Sacrifice, it helps to offset some of the damage it takes. Also keep in mind that AoE attacks will use more than one charge of this ability, so you may cast Construct's Sacrifice, then cast Barrage twice and notice you went through all 5 triggers. Understanding that, and when to recast it is key and takes practice.

The "ST" healing arrow you are referring too is, Healing Arrow. It does single target damage, and heals the entire group for X amount. With AAs it can actually hit for more damage than Vengeful Arrow (go down the Strength line in the Shaper tree and get Focused Assult).

I think the main reason I don't mind the longer cast times is that I only use Barrage or Vengeful Arrow as filler between my MUCH more powerful Dissonance spells. Keeping your Dissonance in the green is a key mechanic to the Channeler, and weaving in these 3 second cast spells helps keep it low.
    I have never once used a snare as a Channeler.
    Generally people agree that the best Essences for channelers are as follows:
    1. Reptile Essence: Heals pet for 0.5% of max health every 6 seconds
    2. Canine Essence: Reduces physical damage done to pet by 2.5%
    3. Aquatic Essence: On any combat or spell hit this spell will cast Aquatic Essence, healing group members for xx - xx
    4. Dire Essence: (easily the most important) Increases the amount of damage intercepted by Construct's Interception by 5%
    Yes, a bow is your primary weapon, think of Melee weapons as stat sticks. Aim for getting a good proc'ing weapon that says, "On any combat OR SPELL HIT ..." These will proc off your abilities such as Barrage, Poison Bolt, Dissonant Decimation, etc.

Your base auto attack damage is nothing to write home about, but it still adds 5-8% of your total damage done, which is not really THAT bad ... I usually use the second best arrows I can find on the Broker. This way I can keep my quiver full and not break my bank buying the most expensive ones. Leave that to the rangers. NOTE, this changes later in the game when you get flurry chance, multi-attack, and massive amounts of DPS stat. Then you may favor your auto attacks a bit more and consider spending some more plat on the really nice arrows, but I would usually still leave those to when I was raiding.

This class is not for everyone. Most classes in this game can be macro'd and done with only a few buttons. This is not a bash on anyone or any classes, just a fact that Channelers are argueably one of the harder classes to play VERY WELL. This is why there is a stigmata against Channelers on the TLE and is also why people refuse to believe I can solo heal heroics and are dumbfounded when I drastically out DPS most (or all) of the group when not main healing.
    Perrigrin likes this.
  3. grjz New Member

Thank y'all for all the info. It is really gonna help me stumble through my first steps. I have been playing rangers solo as my favorites saving @ 500 creds a month (5 mo) to purchase the Channeler class. Now when I try to buy it the store says:" processing: Cannot process your order at this time." Anybody know whats going on?
  4. Kiramon2 New Member

Try in game- I had the issue on character select before
  5. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I can't really add much to what Kindread has already posted (Great post btw). My only addition would be to make your Channeler a woodworker lol. Or have a woodworker amongst your crafters. Even if you despise crafting as many do, you're going to want to be able to make your own arrows otherwise that's where your money will go, buying arrows.