Advice for a Guardian ((Stats, AAs, Skills))

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

I have a level 90 guardian who is going to be the MT for the guild he is in. The guild isn't a raiding guild, though they are interested in visiting the DoV zones (ToFS especially). I am looking for some advice as I just hit my 200 AA mark.
    Now, I have a good amount of questions, and alas I must rely on my guardian homies to help answer them as alot of the posts here are either very old or the information isn't correct.
    Stats:
    1. If I recall, STR and STA are my main stats now. Is there a cap? I believe I read a post from February that the STA cap was removed and each 1 STA point gives 10hp. Is this still correct?

2. When it comes to defending, what order should I look into doing first with Mitigation, Critical Mitigation, Avoidance, Block Chance?
    ~ I do have all but 2 pieces of the DoV Woe gear (helm and boots) ATM, so my Crit Mit is 91.2% (-2% from adornment on chest).
    ~ Overall my Avoidance is 11.083 with over 50% chance to avoid a level 90s attack.
    ~ My block chance is 60.9% right now. How does that differ from Block in general (under Avoidance)?
    ~ When it comes to Parry and Ripotse, should I worry about raising either or just stick with Block? With regards to this, I found a post from 2007 (not much else yet) but does this still apply?
    3. For the next abilities, I am not sure if I should focus on all or just a specific few. Keep in mind, I am a MT focused on defense (eprsonal choice) for my guild which does not regularly raid.
    ~ Crit Chance and Crit Bonus - are these overly important?
    ~ Potency, Ability Mod, Hate Mod - What does Potency and Ability Mod do and how does it affect my taunts, buffs, and abilities? Found this post from March 2010. Is this still correct?
    ~ Reuse Speed, Casting Speed, Recovery Speed - Does Casting speed affect a guardian? And which of these should I bring up first?
    ~ What is the difference between Reuse and Recovery? Found the answer
    4. In the last category, is DPS important? I remember it used to be in regards to gaining hate, but since I have been mainly working on my taunts (I can get about 12K+ hate every few moments from what I recall) would I need to focus on these things too?
    ~ What is Multi Attack and Melee AE and are they important to a Guardian? Adding here, is that I mainly work with at least one Enchanter in the group. Would these abilities then always awaken the mezzed mobs unintentionally since my auto attack would have a chance of hitting more than one mob around me?~ Strike through and Accuracy - I have never heard of these before and I know Guardians get a skill that is supposed to assist with Strikethrough. What exactly are they both and are they useful to a Guardian? I found this from a post in Nov 2010, is it still accurate?
    Thanks for the assistance. I will continue to look, but any help even if links will be great.
  2. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

SisterTheresa wrote:
    Oh and yes DPS is important 1 dps = 1 hate.