Advanced Tradeskill books CD

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Katzandra, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Years ago, I opted to have a crew of trade skill alts because I value my independence and being able to do things for myself. It is very disheartening that even if I take the time to run my trade skillers through the current content quests, they cannot get advanced trade skill books. One of the rewards for many of the earlier TS questlines was to either be able to purchase the advanced books after doing the quest line or in some cases the advanced books were rewards for the quest lines. I hoped maybe the daily trade skill quests would give chances at the advanced books, but instead I am getting items for tack for my mount and other items that take up pack space as I don't have the recipes to make the items.

Anyhow, right now the few that have access to advanced trade skill books are either making a fortune selling them on the broker or making a fortune crafting the items and selling them on the broker. This is disheartening as it diminishes the fun of having trade skilling alts and adds to my overall distates for the broker based high plat economy which DB supports. I enjoy being rewarded for my playing time with appropriate rewards. If I run my jeweler through the current content for jewelers, my jeweler should be able to make items (other than ones that are virtually useless) for the current content......... and so on.

The lucky ones and the aggressive sales persons that like accumulating plat and buying and selling their way to success are happy. Frankly if I enjoyed this I would be playing the stock market and not EQ2............ This is a fantasy adventuring game not Brokers are Us!
    Cyrrena, Miss_Jackie, Eloise and 5 others like this.
  2. Stammel Desperado Active Member

To be honest, I agree with you on this. It's quite saddening.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think they expected there to be such a bottleneck on crafting book acquisition. the daily tradeskill missions are kinda messed up still, and they should be a major source of recipe books. Hopefully they'll get it fixed for the regular Tuesday update.
    Pixistik, chattie and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Xavion Well-Known Member

#buffrecipedroprate
    Labruja, Quillyne and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Benaldar New Member

I have to agree. What is the point of having crafters if you can't find the books. I am very disappointed with this. What is the point of paying for a game you can not enjoy. I have played this game for 14 years and have reached the point where I am not having fun with it anymore.
    EmJay, Sigrdrifa and chattie like this.
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,
    and yes i am not fine with this mechanics too,
    The ADV Crafterbooks should be available after doing the Questline with every Tradeskill Class.
    But thier are somw more disatvantages in game for exapmle agin no recepies for crafting the Orange Addorn sets which we got forced to find for the Account in last Expa , now we are forced to find the Sh...... T addorns for each toon because of no Accountflag.

I cant help my self, but i start thinking some of the BD guys are not up to date whats needed in game , sorry guys thumps down for this mechaninc.

Get the Stuff back to 100% Alt friendlyness if we are forced to have every class especialy Tanks to do Heroic stuff , we need to be able to get the stuff for the Alts easyly and not 100rd years later or at the End of the Expa.
    It shouldnt take 3 month or more from a Expa to get one toon ready especialy in the case we dont play 24/7, it should be possible to get all needed stuff in less than one month for 1 toone to be ready for T2 minimum.
    As for the Resolve increase you did is totaly unrealistic, the increase from T2 Heroic up to T4 Raid is a journe from Earth to Mars , tooks us ages and does no fun.

The Design of the Zones is a positiv thing on your side DB but the Mechanics about most needed things are getting wirred and more wirred and from addon to addon we are forced to do things which avoiding us from playing the game because of the point it takes ages to be ready to play Heroics or even Raid.

Helfiren
    Tupperbeast likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have not gotten any books either nor have any of my friends and the ones on the broker are priced at more plat than I have ever made.

Greed is a disgusting thing and no matter what anybody says, I refuse to gouge other players, I do not feel that this is the spirit of any MMORPG. I feel the spirit and intent of the original "imagineers" was a cooperative good versus evil. This has changed over time so that good and evil fight together against a threat to both sides of the coin, but the cooperative spirit should not have changed to gouge thy neighbor and wring them tightly until every last coin is out of their pocket. How much plat is enough?

Its a pity when anything from the real world (politics, greed, religion, discrimination, etc) sneaks into our fantasy world, which is an escape, and pollutes the environment making it hostile and negative and not really an escape any longer but simply an extension of what we witness without any game running.
    Pixistik, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  8. chattie Well-Known Member

These books were always obtained from killing mobs out in the world of Norrath. I don't see why this needs to change, but after killing tons of mobs I have yet to find a book. This certainly needs to be addressed by those who can address it. Thank you.
    Cyrrena and Tupperbeast like this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Awakened Abilities.
    Adv Adorns 11
    etc .. etc.. etc..

Gating crafting behind RNG has always been a bad idea. The problem is the RNG isn't random. Its weighted as to control the release of content / items to the world. Its been what - a couple years now and there are folks on my server that haven't had the luck in getting the Awakened Abil recipes. Its maddening.

While this mechanism is a necessary evil, its rarely (never) tweaked in beta testing since all of the books are available at a crafting vendor and players don't have to farm to get the books.
    Cyrrena and Tupperbeast like this.
  10. Tupperbeast Active Member

The problem is that the drop extra chance in the solo zones is too low and the prices in the broker are totally exaggerated for these books, as described above, any crafter should also be able to buy these books from the dealer after completing the Crafter Sig line
    can.
    On the one hand, a lot has been achieved and other things have been made worse than in other addons, you often have the feeling DB does not learn what you have discussed with the customers or their wishes to implement.

What is also terrible that they did not find a solution for the people who write Epic Spells 2.0 themselves can still be marked as no-trade on the same account after two years.
    Cyrrena and Daalilama like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Actually, no they weren't. They were available after completing the TS questline as the OP pointed out. It's only recently they started dropping from mobs, which is a ludicrous methodology because it's simply not working--period.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Every time a small chest drops in an overland zone, for a moment I think: "It COULD be a trade skill advanced book!"
    Of course it is ALWAYS one of the tokens for the dropped quests that give you something to do in zones but reward stuff that is rather disappointing to folks trying to gear up for heroics.

I know you have to do one trade skill quest from CD to buy the lower tier of recipes. I am thinking you can scribe an advanced book without doing any of the timeline. There is nothing wrong with this concept until you factor in that the folks doing the trade skill timelines are not being rewarded with any advantage for obtaining the higher level skill books. This is such a delightful expansion overall. It is sad that there is currently such a gap between the entry level play and the heroic play.

Eventually the advanced trades kill books will be commonplace. Sadly by that time, the master crafted gear won't be that desirable. Many folks would be enjoying crafting and playing more and being happy about it if we had our recipes!!!!

Send us some love Gninja!! And thank you for your efforts on our behalf!!!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's only in the past few years that having them available at a merchant (advance books) became a thing. Prior to that, you had to hunt for them from at level mobs. E.g., you needed a level 36 book? then you had to kill level 36 mobs and then hope RNG was kind to you. Then it was changed to at least drop from any mob in that tier range (need level 36 recipe? then kill any 30-39, etc.)
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

EQ2 has had a long history, and the availability of the books has not been consistent. The Handcrafted books were always available for purchase. At launch the MC books dropped of mobs of the same level. Later on they added some quests that allowed you to get them by other means. I want to say DoF was the first to offer them all for sale on a merchant when you gained enough faction with one of the Houses. More recently, KA and ToT allowed you to buy them with faction, but PoP required drops/quest rewards for at least some of them.

As for pricing, the problem isn't greed so much as the massive difference in wealth among players. Some people have hundreds of millions of plat. Many people have 10s of millions. And some have less than 500k. For the most part, the people with high plat totals consume the game faster, and are willing to spend large sums to do it. Those items aren't just sitting on the broker waiting for someone to buy them. They are selling because people with the resources want them that badly. Just remember, this gets sorted out very quickly. A few weeks from now, the drop rate will normalize, and supplies will be sufficient to bring prices back in line. This happens the first week of every expansion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for it, I just won't let the first week bother me that much. 11 months from now we'll all be bored of the content and waiting on the new expansion anyway!
    Xianthia likes this.
  15. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I am not sure when the trade skill timelines that allow you to purchase advanced books were introduced into the game mechanics, but some are currently available on Fallen Gate which presumably means that it was before Sentinel's Fate.

(https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline)

New Halas quests: 10-19 advanced books available from Tami (good) or Varla (evil)
    Butcherblock quests: 20-29 advanced books available from Cordelia
    Steamfont quests: 30-39 advanced books available from Karalyn Cinderton

Aside from the choice of one advanced book from the Advanced Tradesman quest, you have to find or buy the advanced skills for tier 5 (lvl 40-49).

With enough faction with one of the Maj'Dul groups, you can buy advanced skill books for lvl 50-59.

For 60-69, as far as I know, it is back to finding or buying.

For faction with Bathezid or Riliss, you can purchase advanced tradeskill books (heirloom) for lvl 70-74.
    Danak faction gets you access to lvl 75-79 advanced books.

The various Sundered Frontier crafting timelines unlock the ability to purchase lvl 80-89 advanced books.

The trade skill timelines for Withering Lands and Tears of Veeshan awards advanced skill books (90-95).

You can purchase advanced books after completing the timelines in ToT and KA as well.

For PoP, we had to find the advanced books or get them as prizes for trade skill dailies or weeklies. They could be found reasonably frequently.

See recipe basics on EQ2 Trader for more information. (http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g70&menustr=040000000000)

I started playing the game near the end of Destiny of Velious. For the first year or so, I just enjoyed doing old content. I enjoyed the crafting timeline on many alts because it was predictable. Because I was leveling characters along with a good friend or 2, we could out fit our toons with master crafted gear as we leveled up. It was fun and kept us playing. You could also count on rewards for crafting timelines being fun and useful for expansions to come, unlike the adventuring gear that is hot today and infusers or infusions tomorrow.

I appreciate having the game "reset" at each expansion. It allows new players to not feel too far behind and returning players get the thrill of a new game. That being said..... it is good to have some elements of the game that are predictable, calming and whose rewards endure from expansion to expansion.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It was GU57, same year as Sentinel's Fate but after the expac was released. Expac was Feb, GU was August.
    I wanted to add, that I'm not against being able to purchase the books or maybe raising the drop rate, I'd like that a lot.

My point, for clarity, was that how folks see it now, is not how it's always been. Was many years before being able to purchase advance books actually happened (obv with some exceptions, Maj'Dul faction recipes come to mind).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So far as I can tell from my own adventuring, the books have a chance to drop from PQs and from the tradeskill daily mission. Other missions might drop them, but I have yet to get one as a simple mob drop.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Scarcity always elevates the price of a good. As long as there are fools who are willing and able to pay millions of plat for a single recipe book, there will be people selling these books for millions of plat.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that they are supposed to drop from trash mobs. Only basing it on I got an advance book from the blob mobs in Detroxxulous. It was the wrong tier, but it was an advance book. Of course, /bug'd it but still makes me think we should be seeing them from trash mobs.
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got one for a woodworker from an ornate chest off a boss mob in a solo instance in the Plane of Water. So they DO drop, but I don't think they are terribly common. At least in PoP they dropped in the 'usual' way, in a small chest from any mob, including trash.
    Cyrrena likes this.