Advanced "Solo" zones for Drinal signature way too hard

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Gynomancer, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahupu Well-Known Member

You must be reading a different thread than I have been. It seemed that quite a few people commiserated with you. A few pointed out that your focus was advanced "solo", when it is more accurately "advanced" solo. Even the people who said "I did it" said they struggled at first but that really learning your character and the strategies made these zones soloable. Those same people asked what you were having problems with and offered to help direct you to the necessary strategy guides, I saw no lack of sympathy, compassion, or understanding (except for the earlier lol @OP). Finally your OP was that calling these "solo" zones was a misnomer; seeing as how you have finished them even that point is moot since apparently you soloed them. Though I suppose you might have broken down and asked for help.
    Reds likes this.
  2. Bigguy28 New Member

I have to agree that these are a bit too difficult, I'm currently on Chelsith and since Sleepers I've had to give up and ask for help because my merc just can't handle them, will mostly likely have to get help for Chelsith too. I'd love to have an easier version of them, I don't care if I don't get items from it, I just want to continue questing with my character. Having to do these and dying over and over again has been very frustrating and is causing me to think about quitting again.
  3. Davito Active Member

I'm sorry, but how on earth do people even die solo, let alone with a merc in these solo zones. Re-evaluating AA specs, and how to actually play smarter is my only suggest for those failing this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

This a gear oriented game, and depending on the gear a player has and what class they are playing, yes some of these zones can be pretty hard.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They are "advanced" solo.
    Meaning those with advanced knowledge of their class and more "advanced" gear, can do it solo or with a mercenary. However if you're a new or returning player, under-geared and unsure of some of the scripts, they may be a bit difficult with attempting and completing them solo. That's where a friend or guildmate comes in handy! These zones were meant to be done by a duo the first time in them (in my opinion). Its a great way to share knowledge on how to complete the zones and get them done much faster!

I am on Everfrost so if anyone is needing help with the instances for the questline, please feel free to ask for me in 1-9 or the crafting channel :p
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

OP it would of been helpful to state your class but I am assuming your a cloth squishy class with no self heals and imho your expecting your if you setup your gear right you should be able to do the advanced solo zones no problem. Each class has strengths and weakness and knowing how to play your char is important and how to setup your AA to do the job and it great that we can now play around with or AA spec to solo group and raid there different setups. I was off a year and came back in august and starting playing COE sig stuff for first time. I used my zerker who was 92 and had decent gear and it helped once I tweaked all stuff I killed in SS and quest items, did some upgrade of my weapon but most of my gear was legendary and some fables no raid gear. I never played any of the sig or knew anything about it but I relied on getting help from website mainly. Its great to have a in game web browser. I know that when I do this questline should be no problem with my fury but my coercer it will hard be because atm I dont know how to play him well. Also I ask question when I get I ask questions in game when I get stuck usually in 1-9 lvl channel and sure I get a lot of stupid comments but pretty much always I get my answer so I dont let peeps bother with stupid comment thats on them. Now I know if I did not have the walk throughs I know I would not gotten very far but that how game is made and without my waypoints /way and EQ2 maps and DrumsUI to play game I would be gone long ago. I have a tank type mentality love to tank and spank stuff and I am pretty good at it but I that how the class is played and when I get scripted mobs there annoying to me until I find out there secrets like pull them to other mobs or run when there spamming deadly spells and CA. Any way I cant speak for for sure how it will go with my coercer yet doing the questline but I know I when it get to him I will research it find out if using right gear which I think is fine, setup my AA to be good for soloing and learn class strategy for killing mob. I sure I will need a merc for the advanced solo parts of the questline.

Here a couple link I used a lot to finish questline....
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Eidolon_Jungle_(EQ2_Quest_Series)
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Obol_Plains_(EQ2_Quest_Series)
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Shades_of_Drinal_Timeline
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

Yes being a class with say 20k-30k hit points and low mitigation you can die real easy if you get hit at all
  8. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Been a while since I posted on this thread, but to the OP ran this quest line on my fury (95/320 T10 MC gear with one or two hand me down legendary items from the wizard here) and soloed (not moloed) every single one of the instances. The simple fact is that you need a healer in these zones or the ability to self heal or somehow mitigate the damage. Use the baubles you get from the weaker bosses throughout the zone (heals, power recovery, 30% damage to mobs etc). They can be difficult without someone to help (depending on your class). But they are definitely soloable.
  9. Davito Active Member

If you have 20-30k HP on ANY class then you should stop playing. My warden with terrible broker gear has over 55k HP, and i don't even have a mount. Pull less mobs, or learn the correct way to do the encounter, and you want have any problems, on any class. Especially a fighter/priest, but as stated early, also easy on DPS or utility. No shame in it, but if you can't do them, then you are bad at this game. If you can do them, it doesn't mean your good. Not a problem, just practice and get better. But don't sit here and complain how hard they are.

Idk why I am even posting in the section. Solo zones are a waste of time for me anyways. I make more money and have more fun jumping around the guild hall.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

No idea why you are posting either. Not everyone with low hit points are bad players. Not everyone plays the same game we do, and to belittle them is beneath you.
  11. Davito Active Member

I am not belittling them. But to be level 95 and to have that low of hp means you have slots of gear that are empty. Master crafted gear gives you more hp than that at 95. Also running around complaining how hard an "advanced solo zone" is, is just ridiculous. Especially considering the loot that you are able to get from them is better than majority of grp instanced gear. Kind of dumb. If you aren't able to solo them, then maybe a different aspect of the game would be better for you. Like tradeskilling, decorating, or running around old zones to do quests. Those 3 things are arguably just as hard.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well notice I didn't say 20 to 30k ;-)

What I do know is some of the Advanced Solo are "kinda" hard depending on your class and others are very easy. However the quest line takes you through all of them. And I can see some of the zones being frustrating for people still in lets say SS heroic/quested gear.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Don't be harsh those advanced solo zones have been trivial for my returning warden(her gear was not great)
    and she never needed a mercenary (sometimes she took one to make things faster),

I failed only twice, i was not really well under the belly of the big beast so i got 1 shooted
    but stamper rezzed or may be my death prevent worked. And in one of the jarsath instance i first got the boss in challenge mode
    and had to evac after burning all my stun/interupt prevent. Since we got him in challenge but we were two players.

But for my coercer friend soome encounters are some sort of challenge, and she is a good player.

If you have issues use the stones that drop, i never use any but they can be handy to heal you, regen your mana or verdict a mini boss.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Amusing my 92 mystic simply failed 5 times in a row to kill the forgotten statue (the final encounter).
    She managed to run away 3 times and died twice.

I could not figure out the mob color, i examined his buf/debuf and he often had a prismatic buf, sometime a "red" buf and so on.

The first time i did with my warden who was not 95 yet it took many switching to remove the bufs but she had infinite mana. Then I helped a friend (who could not do it solo) and with someone pulling the switch we got him down very fast.

So i logged my warden to check him, I bypassed all trashs (so you can do it) but one golem for Frost.
    Then i engaged the statue and it died without me even pulling a switch ... no immunity aura nothing. Encounter lasted 37 seconds. For a scout it would be like 6 seconds.

So it seems that as always the Devs have set up an encounter that simply punishes people with low dps.
    If you dps is over 80k => no script, if not tedious attempts ;-)
  15. Davito Active Member

Hate to tell you, you could auto attack with a templar wearing a 1 hander for more than 80k dps, so congratz. It is literally impossible to parse less than 80k, even if you tried. Now I understand why you guys fail. I play a healer and toss up 400k- 500k dps minimum on anything in game, and you can't break 80k. It clearly shows now, that it isn't too hard. It is just the player.
  16. Yeegz Member

Yeah it's just more typical "Brad McQuaid" inspired mediocrity to keep you in game as long as possible. Playing the ToV advanced solo zones is like having your teeth pulled at the dentist, but at least with the dentist they give you anesthetic.

Hopefully the current EQ2 dev team will be sacked soon and they'll replace them with real talent that'll make the game for duos/advanced solo become fun instead of frustration and drudgery.
  17. Veta Well-Known Member

Congratz, you just revived a thread that has been dead for almost 4 years.
    Finora and Snikkety like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.