Advanced Solo Instances no longer giving legendary/fabled rewards?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juraviel, Dec 13, 2012.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

I want to elaborate a little more. I actually don't mind solo dropping items for a couple slots that really good items, maybe even best in slot (like the ear/belt). A couple extremely rare items that break progression can be a good thing. It gives you a reason to do everything. The problem is in how many raid quality items there are, and the fact that the trend doesn't continue past solo.

It that has to be across the board. Maybe put an ethereal charm and a ring in heroic stuff like that. TSO had a few really good really rare items, so did RoK. There is nothing wrong with that. You could even let it be purchased via a shard system after ~150 instance runs. So you can best in slot 4 items in stuff that isn't raid. Big deal, you still have 17 slots for raiding. You could even go up to 6 slots for non raid. That means the people who play the most and hit the most aspects of the game will have the best gear. It encourages you to do everything PvE related.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Najeena's Ring of Readiness was a good example of one such item.
  3. gargamelscat Active Member

Whoooooaaaa! CoE raids do not give the best loot and the best loot was available even before this expac. It's in Plane of War. Deeeep Breaths. If anything, CoE is a way to train up your raid force to face POW, which is harder. There is a gap, you can relax. Before this expac there was a huge diff between a raider and a non raider, a divide that was almost insurmountable for the casual player. I don't know that that was the intention of the devs, but it worked out that way, and I think it is a good thing.
  4. gargamelscat Active Member

Maybe it's a Frostfell gift, but the last few zones I've run lately have had more yellow adorns than before. Could be just random. It's nice though, as that's one of the reasons I do the adv solos... one of them was on a cloak, and i have an opening on my cloak that i'll have to compare now with what I can buy, actaully don't think I can buy anything that nice for my cloak. Another one day research reduction was appreciated too. Since it's such a huge loot table (as someone pointed out previously), maybe they're working out how to make more of the items actually appear, since I get a familiar feeling when I see many of them. Possibly the chances fell below 1% for some things and tweaking continues. Who knows.