Advanced Solo Instances no longer giving legendary/fabled rewards?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juraviel, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Davngr Well-Known Member

you need to add red adorns to group instances. it's THAT simple.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Just move the Fabled and Reds to Heroic... fixed the issue imo. Solo gets their Legendary and are able to now run Heroic.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Oh, the humanity.

3 boxes in the chest. 3 copies of Advanced Adorning 10.

That's just mean...;)

Edit: Oh, now I think it's just screwing with me. Two fabled pieces today, both Bruiser/Monk. Naturally, the one archtype I don't have any of.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Did Harrowsend last night and got a pair of fabed gloves for my inqui with 183 stats on it (and red rune which barely fit to healer ^^)
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

Yes, because all the non-raiders will be absolutely thrilled to get a red adorn in a box when they have absolutely no gear to put into. Maybe the box can also include an item used to make raid mobs hardmode. Non-raiders would just squeal with joy :)

it's THAT simple.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

as i wrote right above you, i got gloves with 183 stats white/yellow/Red slots out of solozone, yes, not that often, but can happen ^^
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Yes, there are very rare red slot drops out of non-raid zones. There shouldn't be, but there are. DEVs have stated over and over that "no, non-raiders will not be getting access to red adornments", i mean, that was the whole point of having yellows. Once in a while stuff slips though and confuses the heck out of everyone. Hence my suggestion to improve the solo/heroic/merchant gear to TWO yellows. The difference in "power" between a yellow and a red adorn is like 1 point of potency or crit bonus, yet yellows are much easier to obtain for the non-raiding population.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Getting yellows or reds is a pain in the, you know, doesnt bother if yellow or red. You have to choose need, if a item drops, that someone in grp or raid may need, but you may need the adornment oO voila.... big trouble in little eq2 ;)
    Place a vendor or let them drop sepratly, choose one, but not that way (despite of healergear with +hate ^^)
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Adv SOLO zones not giving Fabled. But they should give legendary gear I can actually use, or trade with a friend who is present in the zone.
    Estred, Arielle Nightshade and Cearra like this.
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

For the sake of all current content being utilized I think that the small chance for fabled/red out of Solo needs to exists. IMO the problem is not at all with the solos and what currently drops in them.......the issue is with heroics and how they are currently NOT a step up in terms of what you can get from those solos. Instead of messing with the Solo they need to fix the heroics. There is only one chance (3 for WE HM) at loot in a solo....and depending on zone 4+ from heroics.....logic would say we should be seeing a lot more fabled from heroics but that is simply not the case.....I have yet to actually see an Exquis from a heroic with the exception of the one that only had a weapon particle effect reforge thing. Then there will be incentive for all the content. Personally if the chance for fabled/red...however small does not exist in Solos then I know I will simply be playing a lot less ...basically down to just 3-4 raids.
    Kraeref likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Swap the Heroic Fabled rare drops, (The ones without Red slots) with the Solo Fabled drops (The ones with Red AND Yellow slots), and it would be a good start.
    Why Solo loot has a chance to be better than any of the loot from Heroic zones I'll never understand
    Alenna, Estred and Feldon like this.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Correct, the group instances drop chance of fab loot is quiet low, should be pushed a bit. If i do run heroic instances with my toons, there´s only 1 out of 10+ runs, where there is anything usefull :) and the loottable isn´t that big anyhow :(
    There is less and less reason to log on out of raidtimes, ok, if there some girls on the group, it could end up in some fun :rolleyes:
  13. Caethre Active Member

((
    The Advanced Solo zones are still giving fabled armour pieces with red+yellow+2white adorns, just they do so very rarely. I actually got 2 pieces in the last 2 weeks (one for an alt who can't wear it yet, the other one for a class I could not use so it got transmuted, that's the RNG for you).

In my view, this is 100% correct. A solo player *can* get access to such gear this way, but they would have to work their socks off for months to get it, and it will be a random piece for a random class when it does drop. I think the devs got this 100% correct, because it is a huge motivation for people to fill gaps in their schedules with solo runs. "Just in case they get lucky!". The playerbase at large are LOVING this. Those tiny minority who are advocating completely removing this loot are doing so for selfish reasons (ie, they personally have no respect for solo play). Right now, the solo game is what it should be, with a very small chance for really nice stuff, equal to other styles of play. but it being very inefficient to do it that way compared to any other way of hunting. SOE have produced the best solo content there has ever been in EQ2, just about!

Now, the points about the heroic zones loot are entirely reasonable. The loot should be better, or at least, be equal but 10X more frequently attainable than it is in the advanced solo zones. There should be a real advantage in benefit/gain from running heroic over running solo zones. The devs might consider looking at the heroic zone loot being dropped, both in quality and frequency.
    ))
  14. napu Member

i agree the fableds should be rare, and no i'm not a raider or anything. The legendarys are pretty common, if i've got any complaints it's that most the time you get something for another class. I don't mind that either to an extent.. but out of the 14 or so times i've done these and got a piece of gear only once has it been something my wizard can equip. I'm beginning to wonder if this is deliberate, or am I just getting really bad luck?
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

Based on our stats so far, the odds of getting the "right" red adornment is about 1 in 100 armor drops. So after getting "lucky" and getting their fabled breastplate in a solo zone, this "very lucky" solo player, would need to get approx 100 more fabled drops in order to get the right red adornment for that piece.

Do you have any concept of how long this would take? And for what? +1 extra point of a stat? This "very lucky" soloer, would spend the next year wearing a +ammo conservation adorn while he looks for the correct +4 potency adornment. Whereas if this was a yellow adornment slot, they could have long ago got a +3. (or whatever it is).

It seems like you're more interested in just having the prestige of "phat lewt with red slot" or in being able to say "i soloed raid gear!" than in actually enabling soloers to get better outfitted.
  16. Geothe Active Member

Or.... they could do a PUG raid in EM DoV zones... and buy a couple red adorns from DoV merchants /gasp!!!
    Kraeref likes this.
  17. Caethre Active Member

((
    It may come as a total shock to you, but I believe most players are not 100% soloers, 100% heroic groupers or 100% raiders. To anyone who actually works in more than one type of content, in different proportions of course, these kinds of options are wonderful.

If YOU don't like the solo/advanced zones, feel free not to do them. But I know many, many folks who are absolutely loving them (and the really low chance of really superb loot that they offer). They absolutely do NOT need changing, they are very very popular as they are, whilst at the same time not being at all unbalanced due to the infrequency of the very best rewards.

I'd stick with looking at balancing the loot from heroic zones if you want any kind of support from the majority of the playerbase.
    ))
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Kwikdeath Active Member

Seriously, I mean several of the named in tofsx2 can be solo'd/duo'd, go run it and get some blue shards and adorn the gear.

I think the person that stated the rng is messing with him may be right tho...I have 10 toons on my acct, all archetypes except for plate and leather healers. I have gotten 3 pieces of fabled gear from about 75 solo runs, a plate healer helm, plate healer bp, plate healer pants....coincidence??

Really if you raid there is little incentive to run much of the heroic or solo content, as the chance of an Etheral dropping is likely not worth the time invested.
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

it is THAT simple.

add the red adorn gear to the heroic and call it a day. make it just as rare from boss mobs, call it a day!
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I farmed ST contested heroic nameds on and off for 8 hours on friday just to check it out.

I got nothing but legendary 160 stat junk with over 22 named kills. With exception of the x2 that did drop almost x4 quality loot, but given his challenge level that seemed to be on par.

When I look at the effort of doing ST contested and its 160 stat rewards off contested nameds, I think I'm ok with advanced solo instances rarely dropping the same legendary rewards.

Now if solo instances dropped more frequently rewards, then something would be flat out broken with the rewards from the contested heroic content.