Advanced Solo Instances no longer giving legendary/fabled rewards?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juraviel, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm wearing two pieces, they are better than the Skyshrine EM raid gear I replaced with them, gear upgrades are gear upgrades regardless of where you get them.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

And while I have been seeing a lot more "crap drops" in the past week ( crude astral material and food or drink FTW) I still have gotten a few legendary, no fabled though, but my friend has gotten a couple, so while I think the rate might have been adjusted way down (SOE always does this a few weeks after the release of a expac) the drops are still there.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is always two things in each 'crate' in the solo instances...
    1) food/drink/totem/research reduce/temp adorn
    2) legendary gear/fabled gear/adorning/tinkering recipe/astral material

Many people consider 1) junk.. and I, personally, don't think the recipes should be in the legendary table, but rather in the uncommon table. That aside.. each crate always has something from 1 and something from 2
  4. Ramone_AB Active Member

I have ran the zones a lot and get useful stuff and a lot of garbage. I don't mind the randomness
  5. Gilasil Active Member

The rewards in the advanced solo zones were very good initially. Too Good. They needed to be toned down. Naturally SoE overreacted.

I see people making claims that the advanced solo zones are still dropping lots of good stuff; which is directly at odds with my experience in the last week, when I've seen nothing but junk. Of course, people can say anything they like on these boards.

So I"m going to try again this weekend and try to hit most of the zones at least once and preferably several times. If I get one upgrade in the entire weekend (doesn't have to be raid quality, don't care if the label says Legendary or Fabled, just needs to be an upgrade) then I'll allow that the drop rates are tolerable. Otherwise it will be my conviction that:
    1. Drop rates are crap.
    2. Claims that drop rates are fine are also crap.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you've gotten lots of upgrades in the past in the same zones.. drop rates changing or not.. you're going to stop getting upgrades at some point.. because you've already gotten all the items in the loot tables from those zones that are upgrades for you...
  7. Gilasil Active Member

Obviously if I had been farming those zones when they had good loot and had upgraded all my gear to that level it would be hard to upgrade any more from those same instances. That goes without saying.

But that's far from the case for me. I have lots and lots of room for upgrades. As long as they drop something besides junk.
  8. Cynicisim Active Member

my problem is you get all the way to the end and get two items that cannot be used. The food drop is not worth anything unless you have an alt and the other side, after running them all repeadedly on my toons, drops a lengendary item that is worthless and worse, cannot be used by my class. But that is ok because we have a solo instance. I would just like more trash to drop at least it makes the trash mobs worth something.

My complaint is I get the same crap from the group instances too. Very few adepts or even trash just a few small items split 6 ways that nobody needs.
  9. Sheene Member

I think many here are being a little short-sighted and what really annoys me are those elite players who have a good raiding guild (as I and many of us here do) with access to the best fabled drops who complain that the less skillful players might get lucky and get a pair of fabled boots. So what? They get happy, they fill the servers, they run around harvesting with pride but the small amount of fabled gear they'll get isn't going to make them better players or detract from the egos of the elite.

What no one has mentioned is that the red and yellow adornments that fit into slots that the bought adornments just don't come in unwanted fabled and legendary gear. In addition, while the Adornment book 10 that I am now giving away was a great idea there is a desperate need for loot with the "Select One of the Following" options.
    Ramone_AB and Tylia like this.
  10. Belissa Active Member

I did 5 solo instances yesterday and I got 4 legendary items, 2 WIS bracers (perfect for me as a healer just arriving at CoE), spear and another weapon from Sleepers that even included 3 yellow adornments.
    So I definitely can confirm that you can get legendary loot in them.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Legendary drops thats for sure, pretty sure fabled still drops as well. The rate has been reduced on the fabled, and upped on the silly things no one really needs or wants.

I don't mind running a zone for a single legendary I can mute, but a crappy crude astral + a repair kit is a joke.
  12. eq2vet New Member

Seems to me this stuff happens all the time the drops are nice for the first wave then its changed? seems like groundhog day all over
  13. Raveen Active Member

I got a nice Ethereal healer neck to drop in WB HM. I've also gotten alot of Fable gear in the last week.
  14. Wulfbur New Member

Agree as well
    the expansion is a failure on a few levels
    lack of XP is main - the quests and zones don't nearly give enough and forces you to grind for the last two levels to get to 95 so running advanced solo while getting gear eased that requirement- with the nerf it lost all desire to do that.
    add the loss of veteran bonus as well and they turned everquest into evergrind.
    I have cancelled my subscription and do not even have the desire to play alts.
    They took a fun game and turned it into a boring lack of incentive to play game
  15. Ramone_AB Active Member

I am still getting a variety of loots, and with me and my army *27* of alts it is allowing me to gear up low AA toons*280ish* to survive in new zones as I learn them better. I mute a lot of stuff and refine stuff as well. I am mainly hunting down yellow adorns and different red adorns. The drops are wierd, some days great drops lots of leg/fabled others 1 leg and junk stuff.
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

All I usual get is food and research time reductions since the expansion went live
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

18. Feldon Well-Known Member

19. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Would be nice if a dev would let us know whether or not the drops have been altered in solo zones. Don't think I've seen anything in the patch notes.

My first 20 or so boxes I got 2 fabled and an ethereal. The last 75ish haven't had anything more than legendary in them. Could be I got lucky early and/or unlucky late, but if it's just that they killed the drop rate last week then would be nice to let us know so we can decide whether it's worth the time or not.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Lots of junk food/drink/etc..

12 Boxes today.
    - 9 Legendaries normally found in instances
    - 1 Green Adorn
    - 1 Advanced Adornments 10
    - 1 Refined Astral

12 Boxes yesterday
    - 9 Legendaries normally found in instances
    - 1 Fabled (Samhain Fear-Touched Leather Bracers, Red/Yellow slots, with red adorn included)
    - 2 Green Adorn