Advanced Solo concerns

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meaghan Stormfire, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Seeing as everything is pretty much tied to the main solo questline, I'm worried about how some of the required advanced solo instances might go over.

We've got a lot of folks who only solo in this game and obtain gear only through soloing. I'm not sure putting in solo isntances required for progression that have fail AoEs and challenge mode bosses will go over well with some folks. I know some of the more casual folks in my guild are in a world of hurt and I'm genuinely afraid some might quit due to the frustration.

Sleeper's Tomb and Wurmbone come to mind.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Sleeper's Tomb has been acknowledged and should see a fix, at least where the pillar knocking is concerned.
  3. GrouchyMouse Active Member

YES on Wurmbone. I had problems with the first one, but managed to barely get thru it, and my Coercer is UD raid geared. The 2nd one, World's End, I had to bring in the raid Mystic and we both had problems with the Seer. We did the script as is, but one of us would always get one-shotted regardless. The Necro named was just as bad. I'm glad we could skip both of them. The last guy, Prime whateverhisname, was a pain as well. I really am not looking forward to doing these on my normal geared alts.

Chelsith is little better. The first name you have to joust but the mercenary won't joust correctly and just dies. My Coercer died to him twice.

I'm not sure if it's a case of my raid Coercer is still L92 (I lost a lot of xp to the merc, darnnit) and Wurmbone and Chelsith are 95-96 mobs. But we shouldn't be eaten that hard by names, but since we raid geared were, what's going to happen to the casually geared?

Sleeper's Tomb, I loathe the one where you have to get the named to run into the statues...and he's a red con, or was at L92. The final named I never could figure out, died to him too many times, but since I had the map I just left him.

I was having a ball with this until Wurmbone and Chelsith...now I'm finding myself having to get a live healer and not the merc for these. Maybe I'm doing something wrong moloing, but it was all fine until this part.
  4. Lamori Member

To the original poster so far doing the CoE quest line and the advanced solo instances loot has been not that great. Better loot drops for Sky Shrine contested and non contested normal instances and sleepers. Most of the quest rewards as far as gear has gone has been +132 stuff. For the most part my gear is +172 stuff <raid gear>, so not really an upgrade. Jewelery might possible be the only thing upgrade wise i would get. As far as loot off these new instances in group mode I do not know as I have not done them yet. I hope someone who has might enlighten us on gear that drops.

As far as both you two poster go the merc whither it be standard or werewolf its just in most cases not enough to handle the boss fights in these new Advanced solo instances. The Merc also kills non named slow too. No problems in Sky Shrine advanced solo but these new instances is another story. I would highly recommend you get a partner and do the quests together, If healer get a melee dps or tank, if tank get a healer, caster or ranged dps um mm prob tank or healer. You will kill a lot faster with a partner and Sleepers, Wurmbone, and Chelsith are a lot easier. Sleepers 2nd boss the one with the pillars was a lot easier with partner vs a merc. Looks like after chelsith the next advanced solo instance is Harrows end. I am not sure if you can do this with a Partner or you have to do it alone. If someone has got info on that I would appreciate it. Hope that Helps.
  5. Kahonen Active Member

I can't believe that once again, we have an access questline with a game-breaking bug and we are basically being told to simply use a different longstanding and unfixed bug as a workaround. It's totally irrelevant which class your mate is that goes to help out in a solo zone, the simple fact is that first, he shouldn't be able to and, second, he shouldn't need to.

A lot of people have paid for this ExPack and will actually see very little of it because they can't get past names in an instance which is known to be pretty difficult even when it's not bugged. I can find someone to go in there to lend a hand but what happens to those that can't?

I've had to stop progress and harvest for a few hours until someone logs in that can come and help. I should be able to do quests in the second half of what I've paid for but can't because I can't get access to it. My being able to has nothing to do with me, my toon or his abilities but is down to a lack of testing by SOE. And for an SOE dev to respond in a different thread with "we know what the problem is and it will go in the next hotfix" with no indication of when that is likely to be is beyond belief - if a known game-breaking bug that stops people accessing most of the new content isn't sufficient cause for a hotfix of its own then what is?

Thank God SOE don't make cars - "sorry about the brakes, we had to put them in the back but it's no problem, just take a mate with you!"
  6. Tylia Well-Known Member

They are actually called "Advanced solo", which means up to 2, whether player/player combo or player/merc. It's not a "bug" that someone else can go in to the instance with you. ;)
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, advanced solo is really duo/molo. I have no problem with this. I just think using mechanics normally reserved for heroic+ encounters is a bad idea.
  8. Nynaeve Active Member

I like the challenge, and that the instances require a bit of figuring out stuff A LOT (or reading the wiki).
    They should just fix them, so u can run them with mercs (who are very hard to position exactly).
  9. Kahonen Active Member

You really need to read the posts that you are replying to.

I didn't say I had a problem with being able to duo a solo zone, I have a problem with needing to because the encounters in question are bugged and don't work with longstanding bugs on mercs. If you doubt this, go read the other thread on this subject where the SOE dev admits he has tried the encounter with an uber-fury and he can't do it either.

So mercs don't work and you now NEED to take someone else. THAT is my problem!

The basic concept of wrapping up content that people have paid for behind an access quest that many of those that have paid will be unable to pass is morally wrong! At what point in the description of the latest ExPack did SOE point out that access to much of the content will not be immediate and will be dependent upon their fixing bugs!

Read Grouchymouse's post above and ask what would happen if he/she couldn't find a live healer to help him out. Basically he'd be locked from content he/she paid for in good faith! As I say, morally wrong and totally unjustifiable!
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I don't know so much about being morally wrong. Access quests for content are part of the game, there is never a guarantee you'll get to see all of the content in an expac.
  11. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Wrapping up content?... People that bought this expac wont see majority of it?. What are you even talking about?. This expansion is so easy its really really sad. 95% of the content is so facerollable that literally anyone can go and do it. Nothing is wrapped up and there are no "gating" mechanics. Just because there are a few named that are rough, doesn't mean that people will lose out on content, sorry but, I see this all the time after a patch/expac and this time, the content is sooo easy there is no reason for any of this. I finished half of these zones with an alt that has faction gear just fine (and no, hes not a healer). Just like Skyshrine and the first version of Sleepers tomb, this content is accessible to ANYONE that can mash their head on the keyboard. I just can't believe that when 95% of the expac is so easy, people are still complaining that there is a "gating" mechanic. The funny thing is, if SoE did what players asked for and put in identical Hardmode versions of these zones, people would still be complaining that they cant do it and how they are entitled to it.
  12. Onorem Active Member

You are inconvenienced. You are not in danger of having a car wreck. Please don't use stupid analogies when your point can be made better without them.
    The next hotfix is likely to be in the next few days. Probably Tuesday at the latest. I do understand your frustration since this is the first eq2 expansion that launched with issues that required patches over the first couple weeks...
  13. Tylia Well-Known Member

Lets go back and read what it was that I quoted and you posted (and what I was replying to), shall we?

I don't think I misunderstood what it was that you posted, and THAT is what I was replying to.

As for Sleeper's Tomb Advanced Solo being bugged, that issue has been addressed by a dev and will be corrected. It is still completable though. If you don't want to wait for the hotfix nerf, then find someone to take with you. It's that simple.