Advanced outfitter books

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Yetis, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Yetis New Member

So I recently started playing eq2 again after several years. I am wondering if there is a way I can get the advanced outfitter volumes. I have tried buying them on the ah, but no one is selling them. I looked it up on zam but the only place it said I could buy them was an NPC on the test server. Any help is appreciated.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Up to level 90 are two tiers (T5 and T7) that you have to rely on broker/drops to actually get your advance books. The other tiers can all be bought from either a merchant after completing a quest line or faction based. 90+ then gets a bit more involved (kinda :D )

10-19 - TS quest line in New Halas (both evil and good, different npc)
    20-29 - BBM - Cordelia at the docks - this quest line leads to Steamfont
    30-39 - Steamfont
    40-49 - T5 - can only get the one from the grandmaster series - rest is from broker/drops
    50-59 - Maj'Dul faction houses - tokens are tradeable so can purchase them from broker
    60-69 - T5 - can only get the one from the grandmaster series - rest is from broker/drops
    70-79 - Bathezid/Rilliss/Danak (iirc 70-75 is Bathezid/Rilliss; 76-79 Danak)
    80-89 - SF/SH - depending on which archetype - Kerra for outfitters, Hua Mein craftsman, Quel'ule scholars
    90 - quest from Ethan in Mara (I think you can only get at level 93, someone will correct me on the level req)
    91-92 - Withered Lands quest line or buy from recipe merchant (50p?)
    93-95 - Obol Plains choice (Far Seas Tokens or advance books) - the books do drop and usually are cheap on broker

96-100 are drops/faction/quest related (Maldura/KA for several level 100 ones)

phew long post! Hopefully someone will correct anything that's off on my list. Good luck and welcome back. :)
    Finora, santargria, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  3. Kethryl Active Member

One of the downsides to having recipe depots in guild halls is that fewer people sell their excess recipe books on the broker, myself included.

With plat inflation, those who are selling them usually price them insanely high, because of how "rare" they've become.

That said, depending on what server you're on, you may just ask around in the Crafting channel to see if anyone has any spares they're willing to part with. I know I'd happily pull some out of my guild hall and part with them for a reasonable price if someone asked. =)
    Finora likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Yup.
    That reminds me, I need to go through my guild's depot and pull some stuff out that we have a lot of to sell on the broker. Not a bad way to get some guild rent money hehe.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

The Lower level Books from old Content may be 20 to 80 are quiet RaR.

The Higher books 80 to 100 are on Broker very often and if you keep runing all Level 100 content including AoM addon up to KA you will find more books if you could carrie.

The only Books / Scrolls which are quiet rar are the Special Recepies for Expert Spells wich arent updated for example some tank Special Spells level 34 or 52 or the Recepie for Rescue which is level 25.

The other Tradeskill class books same problem many of them are drops an no one keeps farming grey mobs.