Advanced books are now only Adept and rares?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Vlkodlak, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Who thought it was a good idea to decrease the advanced books to adept spells and require them to use rares? I mean really, can it be any more obvious for the station cash push.

This should never have been allowed to be changed, and should be reverted back with a patch.
    Marae, Juraiya, Laita and 16 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The most often used comment I hear in game this last week talking about this issue was, "it had to be someone who doesn't know or do any in-game TSing/harvesting." I have yet to hear anyone counter that observation.
    Juraiya, Pixistik, chattie and 5 others like this.
  3. Tasburath Member

On top of that, rare harvesting chance is broken.

I have 27.3 rare harvest chance and I am getting maybe 5% rares.
    chattie likes this.
  4. isest Active Member

even if you get luck and get a book and craft an adepts spell they are still less damage/healing than the previous level 100-110 spells used, i wish they would change it back to expert al least give us a reason to get the books.
    AOE1 and Poetic_Justice like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not just about tradeskilling though... it's about adventuring as well.
    All of the itemization that makes tradeskilled gear not worth wearing (aka even MC is worse than solo quested gear) means that adventurers also have nothing to help them step between solos and heroics.
    These changes don't 'just' hurt tradeskillers, they hurt many adventurers as well. This isn't an us vs them issue, it's a health of the entire game issue.
    Marae, Juraiya, Tangris and 13 others like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No disagreement from any Adventurers who are also TSers that I know. This is the most befuddling set of decisions on a launch that I've ever seen. And the logic that was driving many of the decisions absent any information regarding the launch has left many both puzzled and disgruntled.
    Pixistik, chattie, Keedahm and 6 others like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I had not even seen that the advanced books were only adept spells. What the heck Daybreak? That is not okay. Especially since it's been the 'standard' with the game since the beginning that higher end content was tuned so that averagely competent people with EXPERT spells (previously not terribly difficult to obtain but did require finding rares and someone to make them) would be able to do herioc & even raid content with some difficulty and masters + just making things that much easier.

All this stuff is really making me wish I had been able to beta this year so I'd know what kind of insanity was coming.
    Juraiya, Pixistik, chattie and 6 others like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Knowing it was coming didn't help much :(
    Zynt, Pixistik, chattie and 7 others like this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that all the players that just said 'suck it up crafters' are now realising it's going to affect them too. It truly is one horribad system. And when Advanced Studies books are on the broker, and some for around 10 million plat, things ain't going to get better for raiders anytime soon.

PS: this is not aimed at the OP, I just felt the need to say it.
    Juraiya, chattie, AOE1 and 2 others like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Knowing it was coming but already committed to buying it certainly didn't help with the frustration.
    Juraiya, chattie and Breanna like this.
  11. Deadheals Member

its about more than the books at this point. they want the experts to be so hard to get people get frustrated and just use the station cash to level up. even the so called "minimum stats" for heroics requires pay to win infusers and mounts to get high enough to no "suck"
    Juraiya, chattie and Lateana like this.
  12. Gregore Active Member

I have at least one of every tradeskill class, and two of some, and see no reason to take them through this long and tedious TS sigline this XPAC. I've taken my raid main sage through, and have been thoroughly disappointed with everything tradeskill related this XPAC. I have zero motivation to level up anymore crafters till major changes are implemented.
    I don't know, maybe I should thank Deybreak Games for putting out a horribly unfinished product. They're making it easier and easier for me to wean myself off of this game that I've been playing since launch. If I wasn't in a top end raiding guild, I would have already quit months ago. My fellow guildies are the only thing that's keeping me logging in at this point. If this game keeps sinking, that won't even be enough to keep me playing it much longer. EQ2's potential has been/is being squandered at an alarming rate for some time now.
    Juraiya, Alenna, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  13. Abasinolanam Active Member

I understand expert requiring rares. I mean they always did, right? I even get adding the shadowed materials as a requirement too. But I simply don't get why adept spells require rares and 4 rares at that. It'd be one thing if adepts were better than masters and less than grandmasters of the previous expac. Then it would make sense to spend 4 rares per spell as the adepts would become the "experts of old". But as it is this system is highway robbery.

I understand that they want longevity of the expansion. I do, really. But I feel that I've spent a month+ farming just so I can be ready to start playing. Fun factor: 0
  14. chattie Well-Known Member

As stated in more than one post this is beyond bad. I cant even begin to think why this change was made. Even a pay to win idea is stupid as people will leave. or muddle through like I'm trying to do even though it gets harder with each toon, rather than pay the cost of buying experts. Most of the people i play with refuse to buy masters and they expect those same people to buy experts? Ain't happening.
    As I said before, this may be the death knell of EQ2 . I finished the last xpac with my 26 toons having experts and master crafted gear. There is no way I can do the same this time round with less than adequate gear or spells. Do I regret spending all that money on those extra toons ....not until Bol, lol but spending money going forward is nil as I see no future if things continue was they are.
    Ive run through 6 toons and dont even have a set of adept spells for one class lol and I think i have one expert book.
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  15. Gnomfu Active Member

It's almost like this whole design is built for raiding guilds / store. Make drop rates rare enough that casual solo get next to nothing, but a guild that pools it's resources can overcome the drops with mass running of content. Once one member gets the drop they can make for multiple members who can also share mats.
    Has anyone seen an expert drop in a solo exquisite? I've had a couple drop and all i'm getting is red gems now that past expansion loot has been removed from them. Maybe experts only drop in heroic and above? I'm not the best geared monk around and i'm missing a ton of past expansion loot / CAs but just doing solo and achievements I can fly through solos now and with infusing am almost at heroic stats (if I ran them - HP is still low)
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

99% of the shadow / empyral recipe books to make experts, are coming from the Overseer rewards crates (I seem to get the armorer books, like I am going waste time making armor). I have seen 2 red runes from solo, 1 master early on so it a was last expac 101-110 master and useless and 1 grandmaster drop of the useless illusary allies :p
  17. Catin of Runnyeye Member

Very disappointed by the TS content of this xpac. Daybreak / Darkpaw are trying to solve the problem they created by giving us lots of bonuses on harvesting rares in the last xpac. To do this they invented a a new set of rares "shadowed rare" but then decided they needed a use for the old rares. Hence the three tiers of crafted items, Handcrafted, Mastercrafted and Fabled Mastercrafted. This would have been unpopular if it had been implemented well. Implementing it badly by making everything except Fabled Master Crafted spells (Expert Spells) no better than the items given away for free was never going to go down well.

The game needs to go back to the old model Handcrafted is better than free, Mastercrafted is good enough for starting Heroic and Epic Dungeons. Forget about Fabled Mastercrafted except possibly unique items like the Solstice Earring or the Coldain Prayer Shawl.

The Rare Harvest Bonus problem can be solved by factoring the shown bonus (Base Bonus) by the tier to give a so we have an actual rare harvest bonus of Base Bonus/ Tier. So for a base Bonus of 52 on tier 1 I get a rare harvest bonus of 52 (=52/1) but on tier 13 I get a rare harvest bonus of 4 (=52/13).
    Juraiya, Argosunited and Arcos like this.
  18. Zylara Well-Known Member

Just finally got an Empyral Armourer book and checked the stats against the Voidpiercers that matched and seriously this is screwed up when the Mastercrafted Fabled and Mastercrafted Legendary have the same resolve on them of 150, yes the other stats are higher but come on resolve exactly same, this seriously needs to be addressed atm not even worth wasting my time, fuel or mats on even making this horse crap
    Juraiya and Argosunited like this.